X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Vonage

who's been following this shit? seems they might be forced to shut down... leaving me without a phone.

Vonage has finally confirmed what many had feared: The embattled Internet phone company has no "workaround" in hand to sidestep Verizon's patented Internet phone technology.

Moreover, Vonage (VG) isn't sure that such a plan is even "feasible," given the expansiveness of Verizon's (VZ) patents, which set out methods for passing calls between the Web and conventional phone networks. Vonage's chilly assessment, contained in a filing submitted to a federal court Friday, marks the first time it has admitted that it doesn't have a plan for getting around Verizon's technology. Vonage couldn't be reached for comment.

A federal court recently ruled that Vonage had infringed on Verizon's patented technology. As punishment, Vonage was barred from using the disputed technology to support new customers. Existing customers are not affected.
    their stock has dropped from $17 at open to $4 in just one year.. I wonder what would come of it if they manage to pull out of the lawsuit
  • res0nat0r
    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
    • May 2006

Re: Vonage

vonage is royally fucked right now. it is going to be a rough road for them. it really sucks for their subscribers, and the company is going to be hurting if they cant add any new customers...

Comment

• beanzncheez
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

No wonder I saw a crapload of their products for FAR in some local ads. I'd be wary of collectiong on those rebates now. I almost went with this shit a while back too. Phew!

Comment

• miketpoto
        Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
        • Jan 2005

With the new laws in place, you can still keep your # and switch to another digital phone service.

Look on the bright side, who the fuck calls you anyway?

Comment

• res0nat0r
          Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
          • May 2006

^^

Comment

• beanzncheez
            Banned
            • Jun 2004

Most of those digital phone services sound like shit though.

Comment

Working...