X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

Countdown to Alberto Gonzales getting his pathetic lying ass out of office

So did anyone see any of his testimony before Senate? P A T H E T I C !!!

Supposedly the guy spent weeks preparing for this testimony. Than he gets in there and of course all he has to say is: "I don't recall" I don't recall this...don't recall that...I don't recall ANYTHING. EVER. News reports have it that the dude basically said "I don't recall" over 60 times in 5 hours. The guy was like a 7 year old telling the teacher that the dog ate his homework.

This guy is a complete fucking idiot. He's an idiot if he is a high level official really who can't remember shit, and he's an even bigger idiot if he think he can feed these kinds of ridiculous responses to the American public.

How could such a pathetic, incompetent fool ever get into office?

oh......wait, never mind.
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav
  • subterFUSE
    Gold Gabber
    • Nov 2006

Re: Countdown to Alberto Gonzales getting his pathetic lying ass out of office

When asked which Top Secret files he had shoved down his socks, he replied: "I do not recall."

That's Sandy Berger for you. Appointed by Bill Clinton.

The difference is we're talking about a few prosecutors getting fired, which is completely legal for the President to do for any reason... Or stealing classified documents from the National Archives which pertain to terrorism.

Comment

• Lorn
      Looking for a title!
      • Sep 2004

Yea. This is of little interest to me.

Comment

• apollo_1444
        Banned
        • Oct 2006

what did he exactly do?

Comment

• labmonkey
          Addiction started
          • Apr 2005

He "Suddenly" forgot about everything...
          very handy in his situation
          "Nothing is True, Everything is Permitted"

Comment

• apollo_1444
            Banned
            • Oct 2006

i know i saw the video but why is he there in the first place?

Comment

• subterFUSE
              Gold Gabber
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by apollo_1444
              i know i saw the video but why is he there in the first place?

A couple of months ago, a handful of US Attorneys were fired by the AG. The reason given for their dismissals was performance.

The President has the authority, and the legal right, to fire any or all US Attorneys as his discretion..... for any reason.... or for no reason. Bill Clinton fired all of the US Attorneys and replaced them with democrats when he took office. So when these current prosecutors were fired, it was perfectly legal and legitimate.

Some partisan Democrats felt like creating a scandal, and so they began to ask for documentation or other evidence of poor performance from these fired prosecutors. Alberto Gonzales has been dragging his feet around this issue... failing to directly answer these questions. (Now remember, he has no obligation to answer the questions in the first place)

This is the biggest non-story we have seen in the whole Bush presidency. But it's really Bush's own fault. He should have just said in the beginning: "I fired them because I felt like it.... because I can..... and you can just take your questions and shove 'em."
              If he had just said that, this would be over. But instead they kept tip-toeing around the issue. This has allowed the topic to carry on for weeks and months now because it gives the impression that they are "hiding something." But, like I said.... there's nothing to hide. The President can fire any prosecutor he wants, at any time, for whatever reason. He could say: "This morning my turd was yellow.. so I fired some prosecutors."

Comment

• toasty
                Sir Toastiness
                • Jun 2004

^^Thank you for that completely unbiased account of the situation.

BTW, you left out the part about Gonzales getting caught in a lie on the issue. He did more than "drag his feet."

You are right, though, that this would have been much ado about nothing if they'd just been direct about it from the outset.

Comment

• apollo_1444
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2006

Originally posted by toasty
                  i know but it made me laugh... at least i can tell you one thing... maybe the democrats created the scandal but he clearly got pwnt on the videos i saw.

Comment

• labmonkey
                    Addiction started
                    • Apr 2005

He's as ass, and he should be be accountable for that, as well the rest of this administration...

Comment

• subterFUSE
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by toasty

BTW, you left out the part about Gonzales getting caught in a lie on the issue. He did more than "drag his feet."

You are right, though, that this would have been much ado about nothing if they'd just been direct about it from the outset.

Whatever, dude. As a student of law, you must admit that they had every right to fire any presecutors they wanted, for any reason.

The only reason this is an issue is because a bunch of partisan democrats wanted to make an issue of it. The President has the authority to fire them if he wants, and he doesn't have to expain himself.

Comment

• subterFUSE
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by labmonkey
                        He's as ass, and he should be be accountable for that, as well the rest of this administration...

Fine. And Clinton should be accountable for his responsibility in allowing Bin Laden to go.... and for allowing 9/11 to happen.

Too bad Sandy Berger shoved the evidence down his pants.

But where is your outrage over that?

Comment

• Miroslav
                          WHOA I can change this!1!
                          • Apr 2006

I'm not a lawyer. Here's what I THINK to be the case:

The President has the power to remove any US Attorney, subject to one exception. That exception would have to do with corruption. The President has a duty to faithfully execute laws. If a President were to fire US Attorneys purely for purposes of his personal expediency, this theoretically could be construed as "corruption".

I dunno. Maybe that's bs...
                          mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• toasty
                            Sir Toastiness
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by subterFUSE
                            Whatever, dude. As a student of law, you must admit that they had every right to fire any presecutors they wanted, for any reason.
                            That is right, which is why I added that last sentence. If the administration could have resisted what appears to be its natural inclination to spin and just been matter-of-fact from the get-go, this would have been a non-issue. Instead, Gonzo will likely lose his job and the administration's waning credibility takes another hit.

Originally posted by subterFUSE
                            The only reason this is an issue is because a bunch of partisan democrats wanted to make an issue of it.
                            Yep, this is purely a bunch of Democrats on a witchhunt. Before we drop the issue, though, let's ask a number of GOP lawmakers for their thoughts on the issue:

Sen. John Sununu (R-NH)- "The president should fire the attorney general and replace him as soon as possible with someone who can provide strong, aggressive leadership."

Sen. Gordon Smith (R-OR)- "For the Justice Department to be effective before the U.S. Senate, [your resignation] would be helpful."

Sen. Tom Coburn (R-OK): "I believe you ought to suffer the consequences that these others have suffered. I believe the best way for us to put this behind us is your resignation."

Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-AL)- "There are some problems that he just hasn't handled well, and it might just be best if he came to a conclusion that the department is better served if he's not there.'"

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)- "Sometimes, it just came down to these were not the right people at the right time. If I applied that standard to you, what would you say?"

Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA)- "For you to have said this was an ?overblown personnel matter,? I think that can't be erased. And the clouds over a lot of the professionals can't be erased and the worry by those who haven?t been subjected to those clouds can't be erased. Now, I?m not going call for you resignation; I'm not going to make a recommendation on that. I think there are two people that have to decide that question. You have to decide it in the first instance. If you decide to stay on, it?s up to the President to decide."

Rep. Vern Elhers (R-MI)- "Since he's such a close, personal friend, he's hurt the President by what he's doing, he should have the politeness to offer his resignation."

Rep. Paul Gillmor (R-OH)- 'Given the totality of the circumstances, I think it would be better for the President and the Department if the Attorney General were to step down."

Rep. Dana Rohrbacher (R-CA)- "Even for Republicans this is a warning sign ? saying there needs to be a change."

Rep. Lee Terry (R-NE)- "Frankly, until these statements came out that contradicted his first statement, I was backing him, saying that he shouldn't resign. Now I think that he should."
                            compiled here

Comment

• labmonkey
                              Addiction started
                              • Apr 2005

HE LIED UNDER OATH !!! THATS THE OUTRAGE, but of course that seems to be the way this administration works, sorry about that I totally forgot about it....

Comment

Working...