• Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

25 years wasted!

Goddamn hellfck!

Story Highlights

• DNA exonerates man who spent 25 years in prison for rape
    • Jerry Miller was paroled in March 2006 and lives with family member
    • The case is 200th in which a person was convicted then exonerated due to DNA

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- A man who spent 25 years in prison for rape was exonerated Monday after a judge threw out his convictions because DNA evidence showed he couldn't have committed the attack.
    Jerry Miller smiled and the courtroom erupted into cheers after Cook County Circuit Court Judge Diane G. Cannon read the ruling that cleared him of all charges.
    Miller, 48, had been found guilty of rape, robbery, aggravated kidnapping and aggravated battery even though he testified he was at home watching television at the time of the 1981 attack.
    He was paroled in March 2006 and now works two jobs and lives with a family member in a Chicago suburb.
    "I want to get on with my life, start a life, have a life," Miller said after the hearing. "I'm just thankful for this day."
    The Innocence Project, a New York-based group, had persuaded prosecutors last year to conduct DNA tests on a semen sample taken from the rape victim's clothes. Those results excluded Miller as the attacker.
    The case is the 200th in the United States in which a person was convicted, then exonerated based on DNA evidence, the group says.
    The first exonerations based on DNA testing were in 1989, and in all, the 200 defendants served about 2,475 years in prison for crimes they didn't commit, according to the group's Web site.
    "We look at this as a learning moment," said Peter Neufeld, a co-founder of the Innocence Project and one of Miller's lawyers. "What went wrong? We have to get the answer for the future or there'll be too many Jerry Millers."
    Miller was arrested in the attack on a 44-year-old woman at a Chicago parking garage in September 1981. The attacker raped her and put her in the trunk of her car, but he ran away when two attendants approached him as he tried to leave the garage.
    The attendants helped authorities make a sketch and later picked Miller out of a lineup.
    Now that he is exonerated, Miller no longer has to register as a sex offender.
    Mark Ertler, deputy supervisor of the Cook County state's attorney's office DNA review unit, told the Chicago Tribune that the case was "a good example of what the DNA unit was intended to do."
    Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Re: 25 years wasted!

imagine that.. 25 fucken years.. and all those other 200 at 2,475 years.. well at least in that pic he looks healthy, which means he can enjoy the rest of his life now .

Comment

• BureOne
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Im just glad we live in a more advanced technological era. Less mistakes will be made I guess.

Comment

• AntonyM
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Oct 2004

What a nightmare
        Originally posted by Shpira
        So came back last night...
        Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
        Originally posted by Illuminate
        Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
        2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
        3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
        4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

Working...