anyone here given up or tried to give up smoking?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

anyone here given up or tried to give up smoking?

its a complete nightmare, i,m 3 weeks into a 6 week course in giving up smoking and all i can say is AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

i gave up for 4 years then stupid as i am i started back up again and now i,m having serious difficulty in stopping again, anyone ever shared this experience?
  • thezzapper
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: anyone here given up or tried to give up smoking?

yes, i quit for 7 years & started back again about 3 years ago. one night & way too much alcohol & pills started it up again. had one cigarette that night & gradually upped it to a pack a day some months later. but my real problem now is i don't want to quit.
    sigpic

Comment

• alexpleasure
      Fresh Peossy
      • Apr 2007

light a spliff instead...

Comment

• unkownartist
        Banned
        • Nov 2005

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

try the zyban, several friends have had good results with it.

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

helped me quit for a few...but i started again when i got back to school. really a good read. i'm going to try again when i graduate in 3 weeks

Comment

• hobbes2oo
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

LSD and a cold....laugh all you want but it worked for me. Just looking at all the phlem and snot that I was hacking up while tripping worked like magic. I quit 6 years ago and still going strong.

Comment

• Lrn
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by hobbes2oo
                LSD and a cold....laugh all you want but it worked for me. Just looking at all the phlem and snot that I was hacking up while tripping worked like magic. I quit 6 years ago and still going strong.

hahahhahaha

Comment

• 88Mariner
                  My dick is smaller
                  • Nov 2006

quitters never win. dont' give it up. like that chicane song...
                  you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• day_for_night
                    Are you Kidding me??
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by hobbes2oo
                    now thats a serious method right there!

Comment

• berps
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jul 2004

read alan carrs easy ways to stopping smoking worked a harm for me been quit for 2 years Easy peasy!!!
                      "IM GETTING CAKED@THEWEEKEND!!!!!!!!! "

Comment

• beanzncheez
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2004

If you really want to quit, you'll quit. It's that simple. Don't sugar coat it. Don't be a pussy about it. I smoked for years and when I quit, I wasn't trying to quit. I just happened to not have a smoke for days, then weeks until someone asked me if I'd quit. I realized that I hadn't had a smoke in a while and figured I wouldn't buy any more. This July will be ten years of not smoking.

Comment

• Lrn
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jan 2005

i enjoy smoking, but i smoke a pack every 2 weeks so its not out of hand, i think imm gonna have a smoke right now acttually

Comment

• beanzncheez
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2004

^ ^ There's nothing wrong with doing what you like but many people on here don't like that. They want to be the police for everyone because for some reason, people don't know how to tie their shoes. Enjoy.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                              Are you Kidding me??
                              • Oct 2005

Oh how i have tried.. i am a 20-25 cig person a day.. and when i got out i can smoke a whole pack in like 3 or 4 hours.. like beanz said if you wanna stop u will. it is all bout will power. i did stop mid last year when i went to LA and Toronto for my holiday. I thought this would be a perfect time as the plane flight was like 16 hours or so and i cant go without a cig for like 2 -3 hours.

So what i did was like 4 days before i did not smoke. and i thought i wont smoke my whole trip and it worked. then i came back and started work and started cigs again. Fucken idot i am. I guess the reason why i did not do drugs or anything like that is cause i know myself and i do have a addictive personality, so if i tried something nd i liked i would get hooked and that scared me. I will give up soon as i get a nice job though and start working out and going to the gym like i used to.. Also Cricket season starts soonish in like6 months and i have not played for like 2 seasons cause of my bad leg so i need to get fit again and i am all excited bout it all.

It is hard to give up. i find myself smoking more when i am bored. I remember someone saying on here do something u enjoy to keep your mind occupied.. that helps i guess. But hey i still smoke like an idot so who am i to give advice..

Comment

Working...