anyone here given up or tried to give up smoking?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • palmer
    Retired or Simply Important
    • Jun 2004

Re: anyone here given up or tried to give up smoking?

My advice.

Take control of yourself.
    Pretty simple.
    todayistomorrow
    art direction | design | animation

Comment

• beanzncheez
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

@ johns... fuckin' hell. Long post there. You should get back in shape and get back into sports. There's nothing like enjoying yourself while being outdoors.

Comment

• phaeton
        Addiction started
        • Jun 2004

Mark Twain : It's easy to quit smoking. I've done it a thousand times.

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Originally posted by beanzncheez
          @ johns... fuckin' hell. Long post there. You should get back in shape and get back into sports. There's nothing like enjoying yourself while being outdoors.

have you seen Johns ? He'll use you like a dumbell

@ dom - like others have said, just keep so busy that you stay distracted. I know the physical tug of a nicotine withdrawal can be too much but you gotta stay strong. I was a 35 - 40 ciggie Marlboro red smoker for 4 years, but that was 10 years ago and still going strong.
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• speciale
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by phaeton
            Mark Twain : It's easy to quit smoking. I've done it a thousand times.
            that line never gets old.

I used zyban and quit for 3 yrs now, but it was still tough. There is truly one way to quit and that is to just stop smoking cold turkey. Make sure during the first couple of weeks or even the 1st month, avoid smokey places like bars, and make sure you drink plenty of alcohol at home. This will help disassociate cigs with drinking. That worked for me and to be honest after 3 years, I still crave them from time to time, but the cravings last only a few seconds and go away.

good luck
            Originally posted by Miroslav
            It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
            No Soup for You

Comment

• threehills
              I heart Lollergirl
              • Jun 2005

I used wellbutrin to quit. For me, it eliminated all the nicotine cravings within about 2 weeks. To reinforce the positive health benefits of quitting, I also started running. That has been the biggest help as much as anything else. Quitting is fine, but it will be easier if you change your whole perspective on your health and well being. It important to think about, becuase if you are successful in quitting, expect to pack on 10-15 pounds as your metabolism is going to slow down.
              It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• speciale
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Dec 2005

Originally posted by threehills
                I used wellbutrin to quit. For me, it eliminated all the nicotine cravings within about 2 weeks. To reinforce the positive health benefits of quitting, I also started running. That has been the biggest help as much as anything else. Quitting is fine, but it will be easier if you change your whole perspective on your health and well being. It important to think about, becuase if you are successful in quitting, expect to pack on 10-15 pounds as your metabolism is going to slow down.

wellbutrin and zyban are the same thing except zyban costs a shit load more and insurance wont help you with any of it. Ask a doctor to prescribe wellbutrin and get the generic form of it. its is cheaper and still works the same

hey threehills, how were your dreams on the 1st week of taken wellbutrin? It gave me some wicked dreams the 1st week I was on it.
                It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                No Soup for You

Comment

• unkownartist
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

i,m doin ok actually just yesterday when i wrote this post i could of murdered one lol

zioban is almost non exsistant over here i think, doctors prescribed it for a while then a few people blacked out on them or something similar so they stop prescribing it, we have these nicotine replacement things that come in several forms so i,m using one of those @ the mo, tastes like shit but they work lol

Comment

• threehills
                    I heart Lollergirl
                    • Jun 2005

Originally posted by speciale

hey threehills, how were your dreams on the 1st week of taken wellbutrin? It gave me some wicked dreams the 1st week I was on it.
                    IN-Tense to say the least.
                    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• peloquin
                      Till I Come!
                      • Jun 2004

i quit smoking a couple of years ago... and then smoked when i went to france last month for a few days... was suprised that i started so easily, but i havent smoked since i got back... made me realize that i still have a strong dependence on smoking - just here at home i replace the cigarettes with other smokage... need to quit that too

Comment

• hypoluxxa
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

I quit cold turkey 5 years ago... or was it 6 or 7. Anyways I've only had like 3 since and only while enjoying "other" things... but I gave those up too 4 years ago. I just drink now. BUT I think I'll have a smoke and a biscuit when I turn 40.

Comment

• rubyraks
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

I quit one year ago this month using the patch. It was rough for the first week, but got much easier over time. I can't say I haven't had one since, I occasionally have one (though usually not a whole one) when I'm out clubbing or drinking. I'd been smoking for over 20 years and tried to quit many times, but at the end of the day you have to be fully committed to not becoming a smoker again which after all those years I'd finally become
                          "Work like you don't need the money.
                          Love like you've never been hurt.
                          Dance like nobody's watching.
                          Sing like nobody's listening.
                          Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• speciale
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by rubyraks
                            but at the end of the day you have to be fully committed to not becoming a smoker again which after all those years I'd finally become
                            well put
                            No Soup for You

Comment

• rainman
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Dec 2005

I have quit 3 times now and have started back because my wife continues to smoke in front of me. We would both agree to stop,but i would be the only one who actually went through with it. The last time I quit involved a gram and smoking so many cigarettes that it made me sick to even think about one. It worked, but the continual beat down of second hand smoke from the wife has broken me. actually quite bitter about it.

at the end of the day it comes down to will power and the decision to just do it. people are funny in the sense that we continue to do shit that we know is bad for us and we know we should change, yet so few of us actually go through with it. simply implement and maintain . . . advice from someone who has quit 3 times.

Comment

• rubyraks
                                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rainman
                                I have quit 3 times now and have started back because my wife continues to smoke in front of me. We would both agree to stop,but i would be the only one who actually went through with it. The last time I quit involved a gram and smoking so many cigarettes that it made me sick to even think about one. It worked, but the continual beat down of second hand smoke from the wife has broken me. actually quite bitter about it.
                                Had a number of similar instances myself. This last time the same thing happened, but instead of starting again full-on, I would smoke one cigarette with my wife, but not all at once nor every day, to deal with her smoking. After a while, my pride in having quit and desire not to start again had me not even wanting that one cigarette anymore.

Best part is half a year later my wife got pregnant and now we both don't smoke...you could always try that one
                                "Work like you don't need the money.
                                Love like you've never been hurt.
                                Dance like nobody's watching.
                                Sing like nobody's listening.
                                Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

Working...