anyone here given up or tried to give up smoking?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rainman
    Platinum Poster
    • Dec 2005

Re: anyone here given up or tried to give up smoking?

got two boys and already tied the tubes. i'm where i only smoke about one or two a day now and usually with her when she is smoking. other than that i dont really crave one unless i'm stressing at work.

Comment

• beanzncheez
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

Save your money on the patch and other silly things. Just quit if you want to. If you haven't quit, then you really didn't want to.

Comment

• DIDI
        Aussie Pest
        • Nov 2004

Nicotine is supposed to be more addictive than heroin which is sort of ironic because I gave up a few years ago when I was doing volunteer at a drug rehab centre. I thought "Shit, if these guys can give up heavy drugs surely I can stop smoking!" Don't know if they are worldwide but I did a smoke enders course! Haven't even wanted one since and I was a very heavy smoker. I had tried everything and had quit at one stage for two years and took it up again. I couldn'r wait to get out of the Hypnotherapist's office to light up.
        The good news is everytime you give it up you are one step closer to stopping for good!! Good Luck, it's a great feeling to have your hands free!!
        Originally posted by TheVrk
        it IS incredible isn't it??
        STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
        Simply does not get any better than Hernan
        The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

It was increadibly hard to quit after highschool, and to be honest you may never fully be completely over smoking, at least I'm not...meaning I dont buy packs anymore, but this weekend at the Coachella Music Festival for instance, I will most definetely be smoking

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Taylor Norris
            Platinum Poster
            • Oct 2005

there are thousands of ways to give up the smokes
            none of which will work unless you REALLY want to quit

Comment

• beanzncheez
              Banned
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Mindstatic Pro
              none of which will work unless you REALLY want to quit.

Comment

• asdf_admin
                i use to be important
                • Jun 2004

" Rehab is For Quitters " plus i love smoking fags.
                dead, yet alive.

Comment

• digweed007
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jun 2006

Sometimes I tried. Its hard. I never succed.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Mindstatic Pro
                    none of which will work unless you REALLY want to quit

I didn't really want to quit, in fact I'd reconciled myself to smoking the rest of my life [That is such a scary comment now!!] I just went along to the first meeting because a girlfriend wanted to go. But that course was amazing.!! They covered everything.!!

Btw the girlfriend and a guy we dragged along as well haven't smoked since either.
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• unkownartist
                      Banned
                      • Nov 2005

its a course thing i,m on now but it seems like an AA meeting group type thing, tbh i cant stand it lol but i,ll suffer it to give this a good shot plus i get free nicotine replacement which costs around 18 quid per box over here ( they aint cheap ), i think i,m starting to get over that hill but i,m munching those niquitin lozenge like nobodys bizzness

Comment

• beanzncheez
                        Banned
                        • Jun 2004

Just take up another habit. Say... rabbit fucking?

Comment

• MusicJatt
                          Platinum Poster
                          • Aug 2004

My good friend's father died of lung cancer ... he was a great man. The problem was he never really smoked ,,, I think he didnt have a smoke for the last 40 to 45 years of his life ... He was a social smoker in nyc they raised the prices and he said I'm not paying that ...

However, his close friends mainly his secretary and biz partner didnt feel the same way ...
                          they all worked in a tight area as this self made man made a fortune ... They all died much b4 him, it was sad ... he got emphezema and started walking around with an o2 tank ... however, about 4 years later he got cancer ... and being my friend's most trusted friend I lived the experience 2nd hand. he was already going through a tuff time this did not help the situation but I came to realization ...

at the time i knew the behavior of smoking was bad for me, smelled bad and cost $$. However, it was just me ... all of us are young enough that we don't think it'll happen to us ... I heard the stories and they had i an impact but not enough to make me stop ... After this man had died it hit me that ...

If I continue to do this, the people around me who truly love me and put up with my disgusting habit will die because of it, I decided I would no longer do it ...

so Step 1: Decide you will no longer smoke
                          Once uve done this u cant say this is my last cigerette, if u think like that ur not ready ...

step 2 locate ur smokes and reluctantly give them to a friend or throw them out

step 3, whenever u think about smoking remind urself that is a behavior u no longer engage in plain and simple

will u have cravings, sometimes but remind urself, i dont do this anymore ... dont think too much about it and when ur going through hell over it think about ur heros that went through real hell and u'll feel ur acting foolish

if this doesnt work for u and u really want to quit, ask a medical professional for help

Good Luck ...

Comment

• DIDI
                            Aussie Pest
                            • Nov 2004

Originally posted by red1
                            its a course thing i,m on now but it seems like an AA meeting group type thing, tbh i cant stand it lol but i,ll suffer it to give this a good shot plus i get free nicotine replacement which costs around 18 quid per box over here ( they aint cheap ), i think i,m starting to get over that hill but i,m munching those niquitin lozenge like nobodys bizzness
                            This doesn't sound like the course I did, we weren't taking any nicotine replacement things at all. It was probably more about making you see just how strange a habit it was, and for a good deal of the course we still smoked! The meetings were actually fun. !!

Comment

Working...