What are your thoughts on MP3 audio quality?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: What are your thoughts on MP3 audio quality?

Originally posted by Yao
    My switch to CDJ's is mostly motivated by the high prices of vinyl and the fact that high quality mp3 or WAV's do the trick well enough. I can keep bitching over sound quality (and yes...vinyl does sound better) but in the end it's a choice between having to give up or switch to a way of DJ-ing which will permit me to keep the costs lower in the long run.

But I'll never switch to computer mixing for real unless it's adding something to the spectrum in which a DJ moves himself. I prefer something as close to the old feel as possible, like the CDJ's.

the thing is if i had the money then i would go for cdj's myself but as it happens now i,ve bought some m-audio hardware and the software came free with it so right now i,m extatic @ using my computer to mix but dont get me wrong i can see more wrong as an "old school" dj myself in using a computer to mix than i can see right but for now its convenient and also cheap, i still think this type of djing will take over eventually and when i say eventually i meen in the long term rather in the short

my problem is i like my gadgets too much

Comment

• jeffrey collins
      Not cool enough
      • Jun 2004

Re: What are your thoughts on MP3 audio quality?

We all like our gadgets.

Yeah I too switched to cd's, but not because of cost...I was just getting way more stuff on cd anyway, and I like how lite and easy to carry they are.
      Jeffrey Collins: Painter
      My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
      My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...