• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • hambino21
    PFC Semen Ham
    • Jul 2004

Re: Just starting out, need advice

Originally posted by gatrell
    starting my self soon after i get back from afghan and i always use the exression buy cheap buy twice. so im just going all out and geting myself the CDJ1000mk3 and the DJM700. friends have this kit and im sure they will teach me all the various things that this kit can do. also buying it so i can start djing for family and friends to start out. dont want to rush and try and get in clubs within a few months, going to take my time learning playing for the fam and then move on to mobile dj'ing which is what i want to do really but i will need alot of practise befor i start this. i already know a mobile dj who is going to start taking me to his velues so i can watch what he does, get some practise infrount of a crowd and so he can give me some tips. will have aroujnd 5.5-6k to get myself set up. so if anyone has any advice on PA speakers (i think i will be going for active as its just somthing less to lug around) should i have 2 or 4 speakers. i heard that really i should have 2 speakers on the floor and 2 on stands... what is the best dort of lighting to get myself and so on. all tips apriciated.
    When it comes to PA's, if you can get your hands on the older Mackie SRM450's , you can't beat them. I haven't heard too much good news on the newer ones. I heard QSC active PA's are good stuff. Yeah my trip last year to Afcrapistan funded my equipment upgrade. I ended up with the Xone 92 and some CDJ-400's. When you purchase the equipment, def look for price matching businesses. That saved me quite a bit.
    " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• Kaviege09
      Banned
      • Oct 2009

Just starting out need advice

Thanks for all the advice all -- Im into my second week of 5x5s and it is working out really well. The advice has also given me a great idea of where to set my goals at. Much appreciated.

Jack_Brando: Where you suggesting that for my TKD workouts?

Comment

Working...