• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • unkownartist
    Banned
    • Nov 2005

Re: magazine giveaway cd's for dl

Originally posted by yesme
    sure there is, you have a link to ANYTHING that states what your talking about?

like something that states you can not give away these cd's?

sorry i just dont take your word for it, the internet is funny with people talking out there ass and having no evidence that what they say is true.

ok in my hand i have an origonal mixmag cd ( tranceglobal airways by sander klienenberg ) and here is a quote taken from the actual writing on the cd itself

P&C: see inlay for details. given away free with mixmag october 2000. NOT for resale. All rights of the manufacturer and of the recorded work reserved. Unautherised public performance, broadcasting, copying, sampling and rental of this recording prohibited
    if u dont believe me i,ll even scan the disc and upload the jpg file

these are copyrighted

Comment

• yesme
      Gold Gabber
      • Dec 2006

oh, so they are not for resale eh?

wonder why you can find most of them on ebay for then?

Mixmag carries a cover mix CD each month by a different DJ or artist. Recently these have included the likes of Richie Hawtin, Sven Vath, Erol Alkan, Tom Neville, Smokin' Jo, Ferry Corsten and DJ Touche. Several have become collectors items in their own right, fetching large sums on ebay.

Comment

• yesme
        Gold Gabber
        • Dec 2006

so if you were to sell that cd you got, you would be violating copyright laws?

and btw it says the same thing on each of my cd's.

what i was looking for was some kind of ruling on the matter from a legal standpoint.

Comment

• AlexM
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jan 2007

I think the the ruling is as of follows for the UK at least.

Technically it is illegal since the rights of the artist must have full and legal authority to authorise the distribution methods unless an exclusive contract is sold say for individual trax or a body of work.

But people are more pragmatic on this scene so why punish the people who actually pay your wages by buying your tunes and seeing your gigs and thus a gray/grey area is in existence by their lack of action. Quality will always sell and this market is no different.

As no one is prosecuted for selling the essential mix weekly on Ebay then its hardly probable that prosecution will happen esecially when no-one actually gains any profit from it on places like here. I would (if I were a lawyer and a case of this nature turned up) ask why their representatives had not first prosecuted or attempted to, sue those selling rip off CDs etc elsewhere for profit? It would make a great opener for any said case.

Just my 5 cents - total garb I know

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Oct 2005

@ this fight.. I love the way u too are trying to make your points..Keep at it boys .. on that note anyone want the ben watt buzzin fly 4 cd..Its a promo copy i have.. i will post it onhere .. NOT

Comment

• unkownartist
              Banned
              • Nov 2005

oh, so they are not for resale eh?

wonder why you can find most of them on ebay for then?

Mixmag carries a cover mix CD each month by a different DJ or artist. Recently these have included the likes of Richie Hawtin, Sven Vath, Erol Alkan, Tom Neville, Smokin' Jo, Ferry Corsten and DJ Touche. Several have become collectors items in their own right, fetching large sums on ebay.
              so if you were to sell that cd you got, you would be violating copyright laws?

and btw it says the same thing on each of my cd's.

what i was looking for was some kind of ruling on the matter from a legal standpoint.
              forget selling the fuckin cd for fuck sake, this is about the fuckin forum, jesus what part of ur fuckin dum do u not get, the posts u have posted have obviously been copied and thats against the law and the forum could eventually get fined if the wrong person see's this post or any other containing mixmag cd's and it says that on all cd's because thats the copyright bit u dum fuck, jesus

u can sell them on ebay if u own the copyright which meens u have bought the magazine and u OWN the copyright which u have legally payed for

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

this was brought up last year with no complaints. see the thread below with 216 posts and about 5k views, plus some good covermount cd's (esp the ones from howells and cass)

I'll start with this one, and will upload more when I get home from work tonight. Cass - It's Time to Open Fire (Free with International DJ mag in July 2000) 1. Excession - Nostrum 2. Sean Cusick & Friends - Fire Escape 3. Cass & Slide - Opera (Excession Mix) 4. Corellian - The Fallen 5. Excession - Affected 6.

Comment

• unkownartist
                  Banned
                  • Nov 2005

man i can feel the viens in my neck ready to explode

Comment

• res0nat0r
                    Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                    • May 2006

heh i just looked at some of the posts from that thread and they are gone from mediafire, maybe they got removed guess i wont upload these anymore, i think y'r right they are copyrighted

Comment

• yesme
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by red1
                      man i can feel the viens in my neck ready to explode
                      so you were telling me why the links in this post or the other thread he posted have not been removed?

Comment

• yesme
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by johns
                        @ this fight.. I love the way u too are trying to make your points..Keep at it boys .. on that note anyone want the ben watt buzzin fly 4 cd..Its a promo copy i have.. i will post it onhere .. NOT
                        it's already up on livesets, but thanks

Comment

• xcomveteran
                          Fresh Peossy
                          • Sep 2006

I bought Hernan Cattaneo's Deep Funky N Tribal on Ebay a while back, next thing I discovered it was openly beng distributed on this message board without any suspicions......Quite annoying but I suppose it came free with Ministry Magazine...

Regarding these links that Yesme has provided, I can't see a problem with them.... Anyway, the forum moderators are intelligent enough to decide, the rights and wrongs.

Comment

• yesme
                            Gold Gabber
                            • Dec 2006

no need to wonder any longer, i went ahead and put in a email to mixmag...

simply put, are your old free cd's that you gave out with your magazine, able to be shared on forums in the us or anywhere for that matter?
                            thank you for your prompt response.
                            i'll post the reply here.

Comment

• unkownartist
                              Banned
                              • Nov 2005

no need to wonder any longer, i went ahead and put in a email to mixmag...

i'll post the reply here.
                              lmfao u didnt did u?

the answer is sitting right there in this post, no unautherised copying, the cd isnt given away free u have to buy it when u buy the magazine thus ur paying for it in the first place

Comment

• unkownartist
                                Banned
                                • Nov 2005

so you were telling me why the links in this post or the other thread he posted have not been removed?
                                if these were posted on the forum i mod @ then they would be removed instantly due to the fact that they are in breech of copyright, as for this forum then thats up for the people who run this forum to decide what to do

Comment

Working...