X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threehills
    I heart Lollergirl
    • Jun 2005

Question for Digital Photographers

A friend of my wife's and I's 30th birthday is coming up and she is very into photography. We wanted to buy her a membership to a photo sharing website. Not something like winkflash or shutterbug, but rather a site that really lets you display your work, more so than order prints, is totally free of advertising etc. Has the feel of a gallery rathern than just a pic sharing website. I know there are some great photographers here (seen you work in digital scribbles) and was wondering if anyone could recommend a site to use? Thanks!
    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.
  • Digger
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Nov 2004

Re: Question for Digital Photographers

i dont know any...but what about to buy some space at mjwebhosting and making a website of her.....so she gets all the attention.....the hard thing is to publish the website....but with the time everything can be done.....dont know, just an idea......
    https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013&g=bb" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="100%"> https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013">https://soundcloud.com/jorgecortes/j...t-s-julio-2013
    All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.

Comment

• speciale
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Dec 2005

I use smugmug.com

I use the basic features which can be seen here

I have no complaints about it and recently ordered a canvas print which turned out awesome
      Originally posted by Miroslav
      It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
      No Soup for You

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

iphoto.com or istockphoto.com are a couple places big on selling photos.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• threehills
          I heart Lollergirl
          • Jun 2005

Its not so much to sell, but to share her work. Flickr is pretty good, but can you have control over the appearance of your gallery? from what I know, I don't think so. Smugmug is looking like the best choice.
          It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• speciale
            Are you Kidding me??
            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by threehills
            Its not so much to sell, but to share her work. Flickr is pretty good, but can you have control over the appearance of your gallery? from what I know, I don't think so. Smugmug is looking like the best choice.
            if you go smugmug put me as a referrer
            Originally posted by Miroslav
            It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
            No Soup for You

Comment

• Yao
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Get her a domain and some webspace and have kamal install a photoblog like he did for me. Seems like a perfect display option to me ;-)
              Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• KinKyJ
                Platinum Poser
                • Jun 2004

^^^ Yup, MJWebhosting + PixelPost = sweet!!!

You had Kamal install your photoblog? Dude, can you tie your own shoelaces?

Comment

• Yao
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

Yea, but I'm too lazy to do that
                  Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...