X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bren
    Fresh Peossy
    • Sep 2004

Kerry and Bush on science

The analysis on this page is also interesting. Just a good link if you want to be informed on what both canidates say they will do in the next 4 years.
  • mixu
    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
    • Jun 2004

Re: Kerry and Bush on science

You've gotta love George Soros, a billionaire financier with conscience...

As the Hungarian-born financier George Soros observed two years ago: ?In modern global capitalism, only Americans vote, Brazilians do not.?
    What he meant was that when it comes to economic, military and other decisions, the US administration?s actions are likely to have as much impact on your country as those of your own government.
    :wink:
    Ask me a question...

Comment

• BSully828
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Good site - most of it reaffirms what I don't like about Bush and the administration.

In addition, Bush argues that [nuclear weapons research] will invigorate the minds of nuclear-weapons scientists and help them to respond more quickly to new threats. Such researchers have been consigned to maintaining the nation's stockpile of nearly 9,000 weapons since the end of the cold war.
      Sounds like they're preparing to respond to the problem rather than trying to find a solution. :What: :What:
      Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;
      a sense of humor to console him for what he is.

Comment

• Civic_Zen
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BSully828";p="
        Good site - most of it reaffirms what I don't like about Bush and the administration.

Sounds like they're preparing to respond to the problem rather than trying to find a solution. :What: :What:
        Agree. I don't really mind if certain things are held off for another 4 years though. Some things are more important right now. When the debate's actually roll around, I plan to reassess how I feel regarding this years elections. I wasn't planning to vote for either of these bastad's. Theres just so much to hate about both candidates.
        "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." - Tacitus (55-117 A.D.)
        "That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
        - Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• pacific493
          Getting warmed up
          • Jun 2004

In addition, Bush argues that [nuclear weapons research] will invigorate the minds of nuclear-weapons scientists and help them to respond more quickly to new threats. Such researchers have been consigned to maintaining the nation's stockpile of nearly 9,000 weapons since the end of the cold war.
          Kinda makes you wonder what exactly do we need to be "invigorating" the minds of nuclear-weapons scientists for? I'd feel a little more comfortable if we maybe moved their minds to working on something a little more positive and relevant to the world we live in.

Comment

Working...