X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

cost of war

According to World Bank estimates, $54 billion a year would eliminate starvation and malnutrition globally by 2015, while $30 billion would provide a year of primary education for every child on earth.

At the upper range of those estimates, the $456 billion cost of the war could have fed and educated the world's poor for five and a half years.

plus 9 other alternitves to spending 450 billion
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

• shosh
    Banned
    • Jun 2004

Re: cost of war

greedy africans! they would love to get their hands on that kind of money!

Comment

• unkownartist
      Banned
      • Nov 2005

the thing is though if the americans done that they wouldnt make any money so they dont do it, crazy world

Comment

• Yao
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by shosh
        greedy africans! they would love to get their hands on that kind of money!
        FYI: Africa has asked for 64bln a year to plug the continent-wide deficit, but you wanna know something funny? Western companies use tax-constructions to skim off about 500bln a year in taxes.

Fair trade would be very costly mate...
        Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• shosh
          Banned
          • Jun 2004

greedy dutchies... j/k mate i agree with you

Originally posted by Yao
          FYI: Africa has asked for 64bln a year to plug the continent-wide deficit, but you wanna know something funny? Western companies use tax-constructions to skim off about 500bln a year in taxes.

Comment

• Yao
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

lmfao...

(I still have a slave in my back yard)

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• shosh
              Banned
              • Jun 2004

^ me 2

Comment

• gia powers
                Getting warmed up
                • Mar 2007

I have a couple Mayans...they wear tassels on their boobies and when they bend over, they dust
                Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                  Platinum Poser
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by gia powers
                  I have a couple Mayans...they wear tassels on their boobies and when they bend over, they dust
                  *mental picture*

Comment

• 88Mariner
                    My dick is smaller
                    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Yao

corporations don't essentially pay taxes. the money they pay in taxes is pass to the consumer through the cost of product and services..
                    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Yao
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

not exactly, but since i'm not an economist I can't tell the details of it. In ay case as far as I know the companies do have to pay some form of tax on their revenues/profits, but what they do is add the numbers from all their branches (African, European and such) and then redistribute the number favouring the Western countries, so they'll have to pay more here than in Africa while in fact it should have been the other way around. Need to find that article in the economist, it must have it somewhere...maybe I can photograph it and upload it for you to read if you're interested? You may be able to shed some light on too

Comment

• 88Mariner
                        My dick is smaller
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Yao
                        not exactly, but since i'm not an economist I can't tell the details of it. In ay case as far as I know the companies do have to pay some form of tax on their revenues/profits, but what they do is add the numbers from all their branches (African, European and such) and then redistribute the number favouring the Western countries, so they'll have to pay more here than in Africa while in fact it should have been the other way around. Need to find that article in the economist, it must have it somewhere...maybe I can photograph it and upload it for you to read if you're interested? You may be able to shed some light on too

what do you mean it 'should be the other way around'? Based on? Sure, link up that article....
                        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Yao
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

Well, they make more in Africa than in Europe but make it appear as if they actually make more here than there, in the worst cases. Otherwise they'll simply 'rebalance' the total revenues in favour of European or American branches.

Will try to link up that article, but it'll be a high res scan of the article bro...

Comment

Working...