X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShaneLittle
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Houston We Have A Problem.

I just finished this mix in my hotel room in Houston so I figured this was a fitting title. This one is a bit faster than the last two I think. I haven't really listened to it yet but I did try some new mastering techniques so please give me some feedback on quality etc., I'm still playing with a couple programs to get as much quality out of my mixes as possible. Enjoy!
    This has some compression errors I'm having trouble fixing, this will be re-done but this is the rough draft. Please give me feedback on quality please.
    Shane
    http://www.divshare.com/download/636085-b78
    1. James Zabiela-Rover
    2. Bart Van Wissen-Cruiser
    3. Lustral-Many Years From Now
    4. Dan Daniels-Enjoy The Silence
    5. Tony Thomas-The Spirit Of Ecstasy
    6. Chris Nemmo-Affectation
    7. Vibrasphere-In Control
    8. Steve Porter-Bi-Polar Express
    9. Marco Bellini-Dirty
    10.Stel and Rekelektrek-People
    11.Steve Porter-Definite Form
    12.David Phillips-Unforgettable
    I love vinyl.
  • ShaneLittle
    Getting Somewhere
    • Jun 2004

Re: Houston We Have A Problem.

Wrong forum! Sorry MODS, I thought I put it in the correct one.

Shane
    I love vinyl.

Comment

• ShaneLittle
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Houston We Have A Problem.

I just finished this mix in my hotel room in Houston so I figured this was a fitting title. This one is a bit faster than the last two I think. I haven't really listened to it yet but I did try some new mastering techniques so please give me some feedback on quality etc., I'm still playing with a couple programs to get as much quality out of my mixes as possible. Enjoy!
      This has some compression errors I'm having trouble fixing, this will be re-done but this is the rough draft. Please give me feedback on quality please.
      Shane
      http://www.divshare.com/download/636085-b78
      1. James Zabiela-Rover
      2. Bart Van Wissen-Cruiser
      3. Lustral-Many Years From Now
      4. Dan Daniels-Enjoy The Silence
      5. Tony Thomas-The Spirit Of Ecstasy
      6. Chris Nemmo-Affectation
      7. Vibrasphere-In Control
      8. Steve Porter-Bi-Polar Express
      9. Marco Bellini-Dirty
      10.Stel and Rekelektrek-People
      11.Steve Porter-Definite Form
      12.David Phillips-Unforgettable
      I love vinyl.

Comment

• ShaneLittle
        Getting Somewhere
        • Jun 2004

There may be some downloading issues with divshare at the moment. Please be patient while it is resolved. Thank you.

Shane
        I love vinyl.

Comment

• Jibgolly
          Vortexuralizor
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by shane little
          Wrong forum! Sorry MODS
          all good.

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

i listened to it. i think its good, seems every mix you do is a different style of music.
            there are still some issues with track volume levels, but i don't know if you did it on purpose or not

Comment

• ShaneLittle
              Getting Somewhere
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
              i listened to it. i think its good, seems every mix you do is a different style of music.
              there are still some issues with track volume levels, but i don't know if you did it on purpose or not
              I didn't do it on purpose at all. A friend told me to do some things in live that seemed odd to me, but the suggestion came from one of our guru friends so I did it. Come to find out that my buddy told me everything backwards. Now I'm fighting the learning curve and am a bit lost as to how to make adjustments. I'm going to remix it tomorrow or the next day and just start from scratch with it. When I'm on the road for work is when I tend to make my mixes and I do it in my headphones not on speakers. I dunno cuz I did Minimums in my headphones and it's solid on the volumes. I tend to get really excited when I start getting lost in the music and I push volumes hard, always have. Maybe thats where I should start.

And yes, I'm starting to explore the other genres of House these days, keeps me interested I guess. Thank you for listening and your criticism.

Shane Little
              I love vinyl.

Comment

• tiddles
                Encryption, Jr.
                • Jun 2004

i don't think you need to go back and remix the whole thing, the mixing was good. can't you just open up the ableton file and lower the gain level on the offending tracks?

Comment

• ShaneLittle
                  Getting Somewhere
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by tiddles
                  i don't think you need to go back and remix the whole thing, the mixing was good. can't you just open up the ableton file and lower the gain level on the offending tracks?
                  I probably could, but I had compressors on each clip and I feel that messed it up. I wanna re-do it anyway and try to concentrate on the lvls a bit more for training purposes.
                  I love vinyl.

Comment

• Yao
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Maybe a 'bit' late, but I dug this one up again and still love it . Very nice track selection and smooth flow, it has a warm feel too.
                    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

Working...