X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Cindy Sheehan Bows Out of Political Arena

Not that it matters anymore anyway. She's been so marginalized, I honestly didn't realize she was still doing anything at all.

Too bad what happened to her, I think. When she started out, she had a simple message framed by a simple request -- that she get to talk to the president (again) about the loss of her son in Iraq. Over time, though, she began speaking on topics that she really had no business speaking on, and it diluted her message. By the end of it all, she was made to look like a walking caricature...
  • subterFUSE
    Gold Gabber
    • Nov 2006

Re: Cindy Sheehan Bows Out of Political Arena

Yes. At the beginning, she was merely a mother of a dead soldier. And she met with the President. Then she decided she wanted to meet with him again, and was denied. Of course, I agree with that decision to deny her. What makes her more special than the other mothers of dead soldiers? Why should she get special treatment?

Then the far-left got a hold of her, and began feeding her with more and more of their agenda. They used her as a human shield. She became the face of their cause, and since she is the mother of a dead soldier... no one was allowed to criticize her. Anyone who questioned the validity of her positions was instantly demonized for "attacking a mother who lost her son."

Comment

Working...