X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Oct 2005

Can You Rip This

Hey all i was just wondering if there is a way to make the file down below into a mp3 without streaming it..

Nice mix by the way.. Is there a program that u can do it on instead of listening to the whole set and streaming it. Any advice will be great..Thanks

• Dhar_2
    meat and potatoes
    • Jun 2004

Re: Can You Rip This

right click and save!

Comment

• Homskillet
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

hehe... good answer.
      https://soundcloud.com/dahlheim/shadynasty-tres-final

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Dhar_2
        right click and save!
        Oh shit really .. thanks mate.. but what happens if u get sent the link and u have the window open.. how do u save the actually page? do u have to post it in a forum and then righ click and save as..

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
          • Jun 2004

johns: You have to change the way your browser acts when it comes across an mp3 link.

In firefox, go to tools, options, downloads, then in the section that says download actions click on view and edit actions, then find mp3 in the list, click on change action and then set it to 'save them on my computer'.

If you're using IE... well I just tried looking for you in ie6... this used to be a very simple option to change (essentially the same as firefox), but it doesn't seem to be there anymore. Maybe someone else can help you out there, I haven't used ie too much in recent years. You should be using firefox anyway
          "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
            • Oct 2005

^^^^ thanks alot mate and to everyone else

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
              • Jun 2004

johns - another tip. Install a good download manager. People have their own preferences, I recommend ReGet Deluxe (others like flash get, or get right, etc). You can save yourself a lot of time with these programs, and you can simply drag these sorts of links in to the program's bucket icon and it'll do all the hard work for you. ReGet can also rip radio streams too I believe.
              "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                • Oct 2005

Oh thanks again mate. i was actually posting this thread for a friend. but i just found out she has internet explorer. do u know how to do it in internet explorer??

Comment

• KinKyJ
                  Platinum Poser
                  • Jun 2004

^^^ You can find download managers for IE on Tucows.com. Don't ask me which is the best because I haven't been using IE for years either. Firefox all the way! You should recommend your friend to toss IE btw...
                  Originally posted by SyntaxTerror
                  johns - another tip. Install a good download manager. People have their own preferences, I recommend ReGet Deluxe (others like flash get, or get right, etc). You can save yourself a lot of time with these programs, and you can simply drag these sorts of links in to the program's bucket icon and it'll do all the hard work for you. ReGet can also rip radio streams too I believe.
                  Is that a Firefox add on or something? Sounds pretty interesting actually... I'm using DownThemAll (FF add on) and it works like a charm. Doesn't rip streams as far as I know though...

Comment

• FM
                    Wooooooo!
                    • Jun 2004

you can do a save page as sometimes...if the link shows as the .mp3 then you're all set...
                    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                    Facebook!
                    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• Kat
                      A pretty fn good milkshake
                      • Mar 2006

actualy I like these mp3 links couse it gives me a chance to hear what I'm about to download
                      and IE sucks
                      ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
                        Is that a Firefox add on or something? Sounds pretty interesting actually... I'm using DownThemAll (FF add on) and it works like a charm. Doesn't rip streams as far as I know though...
                        No mate ReGet is a standalone program, it puts a semi transparent icon which sits on top of all programs in the bottom right hand corner just above the systray. A lot of the download managers do this, it allows you to drag links on to it from anywhere. Same with some of the others, I then use a firefox extension called Flashgot for better integration.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

LIfe is so much easier with a mac!!
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                            • Jun 2004

I'm sorry but macs also have mime handlers in their web browsers which exhibit this exact same behaviour. Also, the selection of download managers available on a mac can be described as pathetic as best.

Life isn't easier with a mac. It's the line all computer illilterate mac users spit back at PC users to convince themselves they didn't just pay double for a computer.

Add to that macs these days run off the same cpus as pc, and the operating system is nothing but a UNIX clone, and you'll see that any competitive advantage that they once had by using RISC cpus has been tossed out the window.

Comment

Are you Kidding me??
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by SyntaxTerror
                              I'm sorry but macs also have mime handlers in their web browsers which exhibit this exact same behaviour. Also, the selection of download managers available on a mac can be described as pathetic as best.

Life isn't easier with a mac. It's the line all computer illilterate mac users spit back at PC users to convince themselves they didn't just pay double for a computer.

Add to that macs these days run off the same cpus as pc, and the operating system is nothing but a UNIX clone, and you'll see that any competitive advantage that they once had by using RISC cpus has been tossed out the window.
                              Yeah what he said . Take that mac users

Comment

Working...