X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

wordpress spam

so over on my little site www.djstevejames.com i am getting about 100 or more spam comments a day.
    (sex ads, prescription ads, online betting ads, etc)
    all comments must be approved before they are posted, but since im getting admin notification emails every 10 seconds, its driving me nuts. i looked through all the admin panels to try and stop the incoming email notifications, but found nothing.

this site has been up for a little over 2 years now and ive noticed certain time periods where the spam is overwhelming. then other times, i wont see any for a month or longer.

any solutions for this?
  • jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: wordpress spam

wow. that is weird. Sorry to hear that happening on your site. I saw on the news that they busted one of the worlds biggest spammers the other day. They need to catch the rest of the bastards.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• beanzncheez
      Banned
      • Jun 2004

Spam sucks. Long live non-spiced ham.

Comment

• res0nat0r
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • May 2006

jibs check this out:

Say goodbye to spam with Akismet – the ultimate spam protection used by millions of websites. Sign up today and never worry about spam again!

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

its a pita cause I think you have to create an account and shit for it. I have the same bloody problems with WP on MCast
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Jibgolly
            Vortexuralizor
            • Jun 2004

i sent a support email to wordpress, and whoever replied told me where to turn off notifications.
            im not too bothered with receiving all the spam on the site, but the notification emails every 10 seconds was driving me nuts last week.
            it has subsided for the time being.

Comment

• |Thrax|
              Platinum Poster
              • Mar 2007

This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
              Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

Working...