X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pdowney
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Old hip hop videos online

Yahoo's Launch has a good collection of videos celebrating hip-hop's 25th anniversary, and a list of 25 essential albums, which will surely provoke debate (no Beastie Boys!).

The Sugarhill Gang are still pretty funky after all these years (anybody see them on Scrubs a few weeks back?). Their video's almost like a beta version of Outkast's Hey Ya!

Philip
  • qwerty2222
    Platinum Poster
    • Jun 2004

Re: Old hip hop videos online

too much hip hop on tv these days, now they even got a history of hip hop videos
    thats sad..
    i wish they would broadcast more electronic music, not this hip hop shit

Comment

• armandzadza
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by qwerty2222";p="
      too much hip hop on tv these days, now they even got a history of hip hop videos
      thats sad..
      i wish they would broadcast more electronic music, not this hip hop shit
      Hip hop is a type of electronic music.

Plus, the old school stuff is actually worth listening to unlike the garbage they play on MTV these days.
      Will work for Sasha sets

Comment

• beto
        Gold Gabber
        • Jun 2004

The old school stuff is pretty interesting, just saw a documentary on tv about the beginning of it, featuring Afrika Bambaata and others. It was a completely different thing in the beginning, with djs doing a lot work and showing some mad skills.

Comment

• johnson3161
          Getting Somewhere
          • Jun 2004

Re: Old hip hop videos online

I'll check out the history. Old school stuff is very good. Afrika Bambaataa - Planet Rock is a great song. I saw Sander throw this track down on his set.

Comment

Working...