X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mw-1
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

Deepak Sharma

?Hidden Recordings has been our platform to take our sound to a global audience, and we are really excited about how the world is receiving us!? say Deepak. In 2007, French magazine, TRAX writes, ?Une chose est s?re, Hidden ne restera pas cach? bien longtemps.? Translated it means, ?One thing is for sure, Hidden Recordings won?t stay hidden for very long.? Deepak began producing with long-time friend Dieter Krause. The first EP, titled ?Freundschaft?, which means ?Friendship? in German set the tone for the label, as it was three very different tracks for different moods and styles. The duo prides themselves on producing and releasing whatever they want, whether a club track or one for the home. Nothing fit that more than their follow up release, ?She?s Got Soul? EP. Their atmospheric and deeper track ?Blow? along with their tougher club track ?Hades? reached Kompakt?s top 15 at the same time, the only label to have two tracks in the top 15 most downloaded tracks at the same time. In addition, on Japanese based distributor, HRFQ ?Hades? reached top 6 most downloaded tracks. The whirlwind continued as the EP reached #27 on the well-known Balance Promo Pool?s Top 50 chart. Finally, an up and coming label in the UK named Four-Twenty licensed ?Blow? to be a part of their mix compilation. The release also found its way to the airwaves and is currently in rotation on the Techno Station on AOL Music/Spinner.com where they are compared to artists such as Booka Shade, Lusine and Superpitcher. Next out is an EP named ?Club of Millionaires? which again will showcase their ability to create tracks perfect for the late nights in clubs and also slower down tempo sounds ideal for relaxing.

Deepak is no stranger to slower down tempo music, and in the right environment loves to play that way. If you?ve listened to Deepak?s first compilation, ?Boogaloo. Brooklyn. 3:23pm?, you heard his deeper side where he used minimal techno and tech house tracks to create an eclectic collage that landed him rave reviews in magazines such as De:bug, BPM, Remix, BPM, URB, DJ Times, Raveline, Beatfactor, and Sound Revolt. The CD impressed even the toughest of critics as Germany?s prestigious De:bug Magazine called it, ?The best mix compilation we?ve heard in ages.? Similar high praise came from Big Shot Magazine, who said, ?Sharma indulges us in some of the most pristine minimal techno we've heard in ages. This is mandatory late-night/morning after listening. Not since Terry Francis' ?Architecture? series has a mix compilation explored the realm of tech-house so well." Besides the bevy of compliments, Deepak has followed up the release by touring North America as well as overseas in South America and Europe. The list of cities grows longer as more and more people begin to discover Deepak?s label and wide sounds he encompasses. From New York to Los Angeles and points in-between, his calendar has been full and continues to fill up with bookings.

While DJing, producing and running a record label is Deepak's passion, he first made a splash into the world of EDM as the head promoter of Thursday night at Discotheque Nightclub in New York City back in 2002. There he created, managed and promoted the weekly "hidden" party. He featured up-and-coming talent as well as more established talent from a variety of genres. Some of the DJs Deepak booked were James Zabiela, Paolo Mojo, H-Foundation, Doc Martin, Max Graham and Bryan Zentz. After this run at Discotheque ended, Deepak continued with his love for throwing a good party with a night that was talked about for a long time after it was over. In 2003 he hosted Fabric residents Craig Richards and Lee Burridge (Tyrant) at Boogaloo. The Wednesday night soiree allowed fans to get up close and personal with duo and provided a platform to introduce Deepak to a large audience as a DJ. The party, vibe and music were incredible and it was this night that eventually led to Deepak being asked to release Boogaloo's first CD.

Deepak Sharma and his partner Dieter Krause have just completed music for five heineken international ads to air later in 2007. With a mix compilation under his belt, and now producing tracks under his own label, Deepak intends to continue to create his own destiny, and history.

Deepak Sharma - Balance 2007 Mix

Click Here To Download (Or Right Click, Save As)

01. Deepak Sharma & Dieter Krause "Blow" (Hidden Recordings)
    02. Gustavo Lamas "Equis" Circle Remix by Arnaud le Texier & Yossi Amoyal (Safari Electronique)
    03. Seuil "Uneasy Circle" (Einmaleins Musik)
    04. Samim & Michal "Nes" (Kindisch)
    05. Lineas De Nazca "Joigzm" (Channels Records)
    06. Axel Bartsch "Shinkansen to Kyoto" Arnaud le Texier Remix (Sportsclub)
    07. Damon Wild "Default" (Synewave)
    08. Kiko "Barba" Butane Remix (Esperanza)
    09. Alejandro Vivanco "Nomade" (Dumb-Unit)
    10. Luke and Lazo "Dust No. 4" Barem Remix (Mo Ferry)
    11. Laplaceausoleil "Quo Vas" (Plong)
    Last edited by mw-1; June 7, 2007, 06:33:44 PM.

Homepage:

www.wahimusic.com

Myspace:

www.myspace.com/wahimusic
  • Jay Fury
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Re: Deepak Sharma

WOW! I never see mixes by him floatin around. He's actually playing at Room 960 in Hartford. CT this month. Im def gonna go check him out! Another NYC DJ who keeps it real.....
    Mind and Body crave light, because we live in Darkness.

Comment

• mw-1
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

he'll be here in Chicago on July 13th with Mazi

Homepage:

www.wahimusic.com

Myspace:

www.myspace.com/wahimusic

Comment

• Deepak Sharma
        Getting warmed up
        • Nov 2004

can't wait for chicago, what night that will be...i have so much respect for the scene in chicago and mazi also....but before then you can catch me at club five is wash dc june 15th and room 960 in hartford ct june 30.

definitely give the mix a whirl, im really happy with it!

and you're right Jay..i need to post more mixes - :o)

keep leaving your feedback....i like to talk alot :o)
        www.hidden-recordings.com

Comment

• rbuffetta
          Addiction started
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jay Fury
          WOW! I never see mixes by him floatin around. He's actually playing at Room 960 in Hartford. CT this month. Im def gonna go check him out! Another NYC DJ who keeps it real.....
          \

A friend of mine, Jeff McGrath is opening for him then.

Comment

• FM
            Wooooooo!
            • Jun 2004

good looking out...and in for the 30th as well. Should be nice.
            FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
            "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
            Facebook!
            A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• dusk
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

Thanks for this mix.
              ~ You are what you think you are ~

Comment

• robprunzit
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

July 13, I'd love to be there. Sold out show?

ThX for sharing the set, more please!!!
                AT THE FORK, TAKE THE RIGHT DIRECTION

www.myspace.com/robroyfamily

Comment

Working...