• May 2007

Lol?

jesus new yorkers are idiots.

oh my god.
  • rubyraks
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Lol?

^pardon me dumbass, but did it ever occur to you that the interviews are all taking place in times square where there are tons of tourists and very few actual new yorkers! You calling new yorkers idiots is pretty damn ignorant, especially considering the level of education of most new yorkers as compared to most other places in this country. Maybe you should try looking elsewhere for the idiots. Sorry to go off on you, but it deeply bothers me that you're so quick to generalize about new york...after all where the hell would this country be without new yorkers many intelligent residents
    "Work like you don't need the money.
    Love like you've never been hurt.
    Dance like nobody's watching.
    Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• emuler
      I'm Ignorant.... so sue me!!
      • May 2007

video says otherwise.

Comment

• superdave
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

There's stupid people everywhere. And smart ones everywhere too. Just a lot less smart people.
        Never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake - Napoleon Bonaparte

Comment

• subterFUSE
          Gold Gabber
          • Nov 2006

Most New Yorkers are fucking idiots..... just like most people anywhere in this world.

Smart people are found in small pockets all around the world. It's not some regional thing. It follows wealth distribution, by and large.

Comment

• rubyraks
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

I understand your points and am not denying that there are dumb people in new york, but why is it that everyone is so quick to just ignore the fact that the interviews were done in times square where there are few true new yorkers? You're just being very quick to call new yorkers idiots without looking at the facts.

Comment

• Localizer
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2004

I think what it comes down to is the fact that the overall knowledge of our citizens is pretty dismal. Whether it's new yorkers or not, those people are still US citizens and it's disconcerting to know that they don't have a grasp of the world around them.
              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• rubyraks
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Now that I would certainly agree with us...as a high school teacher of mine used to preach "The masses are asses!"...sad, but true

Comment

• emuler
                  • May 2007

Originally posted by rubyraks
                  I understand your points and am not denying that there are dumb people in new york, but why is it that everyone is so quick to just ignore the fact that the interviews were done in times square where there are few true new yorkers? You're just being very quick to call new yorkers idiots without looking at the facts.
                  so you are 100% sure that those guys aren't New Yorkers?

In any case, are you saying that those tourists are dumb? in other words you are calling the americans idiots?
                  Last edited by emuler; June 11, 2007, 09:21:30 PM.

Comment

• rubyraks
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

I'd give you 80-90% of em aren't from new york, based on their accents and appearances.

as for calling americans idiots, we certainly have more than we used to, but that still doesn't lead to your overly general statement that New Yorkers are idiots.

seriously, why are you so insistent on generalizing? Are you trying to be an ass. There are idiots everywhere and what you're seeing in that video is clearly someone's edited version of the interviews. Do you really think that every person who was interviewed didn't know the answers? The editor clearly takes the worst answers they could find and put it into a montage of dumb answers. The problem is that you run with this edited version and use it for your basis to start calling New Yorkers and now Americans idiots...pretty pathetic.

You want to say we have dumb people in New York, sure I'll agree with you there. We all got plenty of dumb people where we live...even you.

Comment

• emuler
                      • May 2007

I'd give you 80-90% of em aren't from new york, based on their accents and appearances.

as for calling americans idiots, we certainly have more than we used to, but that still doesn't lead to your overly general statement that New Yorkers are idiots.

seriously, why are you so insistent on generalizing? Are you trying to be an ass. There are idiots everywhere and what you're seeing in that video is clearly someone's edited version of the interviews. Do you really think that every person who was interviewed didn't know the answers? The editor clearly takes the worst answers they could find and put it into a montage of dumb answers. The problem is that you run with this edited version and use it for your basis to start calling New Yorkers and now Americans idiots...pretty pathetic.

You want to say we have dumb people in New York, sure I'll agree with you there. We all got plenty of dumb people where we live...even you.
                      mate you are an idiot. it was just a damn video.

Comment

• Miroslav
                        WHOA I can change this!1!
                        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by emuler
                        video says otherwise.
                        Well, emuler, has it ever occurred to you that the makers of the video would cut any reasonable responses and only edited together the ones which serve their agenda?

In statistics, this is what we like to call a "biased sample". In case you aren't familiar with this concept, it basically means that if you try to make general inferences from the data then you are pretty much a douchebag
                        mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• psylucas911
                          Getting Somewhere
                          • Apr 2007

Stupid people fullfits the world...
                          www.myspace.com/lucaskoenigg

Comment

• rubyraks
                            DUDERZ get a life!!!
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by emuler
                            mate you are an idiot. it was just a damn video.
                            I'm done...if you're beyond any intelligent discussion and merely gonna resort to namecalling with each post, you're nothing but a waste of my time. I made my point and now I'm outta here.

Comment

• emuler
                              • May 2007

I'm done...if you're beyond any intelligent discussion and merely gonna resort to namecalling with each post, you're nothing but a waste of my time. I made my point and now I'm outta here.
                              theres no need to come up with a super discussion or argument, the video can tell us that 90% of the americans or new yorkers (same shit) are idiots.

Comment

Working...