X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.

Just had to share!! This was the most amazing night of my clubbing life. !!! He flew in, no sleep, and gave us the most incredible, beautifully crafted , meticulously mixed set of deep, dark, dirty prog that I think I will ever hear! He was having fun so he played for an extra hour 5 hours in total of complete aural bliss .

Everything came together!! great venue, great crowd, amazing vibe and brilliant Djs. I am so happy!!
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies
  • Jibgolly
    Vortexuralizor
    • Jun 2004

Re: Hernan Cattaneo@ Darkbeat Last Night.

class.
    i know you're a lady and all, but it is my sworn oath to demand pictures or ask you to stfu!

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Oct 2005

What your a lady .. all this time i thought u were a bloke .. Oh well sounds like u had a great night DIDI.. I am angry i could not make it hey.. I cant wait to get fucken paid so i can go out again..And yes Pics PPPPPPPPPLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Comment

• Jibgolly
        Vortexuralizor
        • Jun 2004

^ it's confirmed. 10 out of 10 walmart clerks agree: johns is a moron

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Jibgolly
          ^ it's confirmed. 10 out of 10 walmart clerks agree: johns is a moron
          Why am i a moron.. for not knowing she is a lady or for not going?? I do agree with u though i am a bit of a moron

Comment

• simonr
            Transitionator
            • Jun 2004

I can't wait to catch Hernan and Diggers at Renaissance (Pacha) on the 28th !
            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• JK224
              Addiction started
              • Oct 2005

Last year in Toronto I was privileged to see Hernan play for three hours followed immediately by Digweed. Really a great experience.

Comment

• Lrn
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jan 2005

yea he threw down at rubyskye for the short about of time i saw him.... this kiss mix is off the hezzy too

Comment

• Lorn
                  Looking for a title!
                  • Sep 2004

What jibs said....pics please.

Comment

• DIDI
                    Aussie Pest
                    • Nov 2004

Originally posted by johns
                    Why am i a moron.. for not knowing she is a lady or for not going?? I do agree with u though i am a bit of a moron
                    For not going!!! It was a total life experience !! I have never been at a more amazing gig!! btw I'm not actually used to being called a lady

I'll put up links to photos asap
                    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..

Comment

• feather
                      Shanghai ooompa loompa
                      • Jul 2004

Eh yeah, I didn't think DIDI is a chick either.

Apparently he played a good set in Singapore last week but I slept early. How was he at We Love Sounds too? Darkbeat > We Love Sounds?

My bad, didn't realize Darkbeat is the same party in Melbourne. Fuck, Cattaneo played Sunny?! That must've been something. Can imagine why you thought it was an amazing night. Damn.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• ganjamo
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by DIDI
                        Just had to share!! This was the most amazing night of my clubbing life. !!! He flew in, no sleep, and gave us the most incredible, beautifully crafted , meticulously mixed set of deep, dark, dirty prog that I think I will ever hear! He was having fun so he played for an extra hour 5 hours in total of complete aural bliss .

Everything came together!! great venue, great crowd, amazing vibe and brilliant Djs. I am so happy!!
                        hernan is a freaking blast live. We were lucky to hear him play about 7 hours this february, its amazing what this guy can do with the decks.
                        Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by feather
                          Eh yeah, I didn't think DIDI is a chick either.

Apparently he played a good set in Singapore last week but I slept early. How was he at We Love Sounds too? Darkbeat > We Love Sounds?

My bad, didn't realize Darkbeat is the same party in Melbourne. Fuck, Cattaneo played Sunny?! That must've been something. Can imagine why you thought it was an amazing night. Damn.
                          The Darkbeat guys were the main promoters, It was a huge thing for them to try for Hernan and it was so worth it.!! I think he really needs the long sets to give his best and they initial booked him just for 4 hours and he wanted to keep playing!!. I'm still actually floating on air!! The music was just perfect!! Totally my taste. Haven't read anything from We Love Sounds Sydney but apparently he was ok at the afterparty [God! he works hard!!.] Not up to Melbourne though

Sunny is the one night I always go to these days!!

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

It's interesting because a lot of the "smaller" organizers are bringing in bigger name DJs that used to only come in with Future Entertainment. Good sign for Melb's scene for sure

I hear Audiofly played Sunny too, did you catch that?

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                              • Jun 2004

Hey feather are you originally from Australia?
                              "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

Working...