Sing like nobody's listening.
    Live like it's Heaven on Earth."

Comment

• rainman
      Platinum Poster
      • Dec 2005

Re: rant.

i just shot myself.

pickle, i hate it that you are that depressed, but personally dont know you well enough to give any advice other than, get out and change something about yourself.

Comment

• DancingQueen
        AVB FanClub | President
        • Oct 2005

The idea's of traveling sound good, but I wouldn't go for a year unless you can really afford it or like someone said you will just come back to a mountain of debt and end up right back where you were....miserable.

Take a weekend or a week or a month and go somewhere.....go visit a friend in another state or country and just do touristy stuff and unwind

If you don't want to travel, take up a hobby....scuba diving, rock climbing, hiking, painting, heck ballet, you may look good in a tutu This will help you get out of the house a few times a week and meet new people.

My friend Dan actually just took up skydiving....he took one leap and fell in love....now he is going through to be an instructor.....have to dive x # of times before that happens, but he is loving every minute of it.....maybe something like that is what you need.

Whatever it is, hang in there....you have a lot of good friends who are here for you and support whatever you decide
        sigpic
        RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
        RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• ddr
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

damn guys... i feel like that time is coming for me also.
          i am graduating thsi weekend and will be studying this summer for my CPA. to that effect, i believe that the monotonous day life is upon me soon enough. What i want to do is move somewhere else and experience something new... that is what is keeping me going is the chance at moving somewhere else. my parents want me to move back in with them this fall and to get a blah job and bulk up my savings but i raelly do not want to do this..... lived in oregon my whole life and i think it is time for a change.

so yea, to sum it all up, graduating is scaring the shit out of me.. specially with no job yet, which is primarily why i am doing the cpa this summer.

rant over.
          "pics or stfu" - R.I.P. Steve "Jibgolly" James

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Pickled, I feel for you , you definitely need time off work! I love the go to Argentina idea, and the dog thing definitely works for me.!

SyntaxTerror, Go for it!! and good luck with the girl!!!

Kamal, That is really sad because you do wonderful things here!!

Greg Whelan, I hate it when people say they don't go clubbing because they don't have anyone to go with!! Just go!! Why should you miss out because your friends don't have good taste in music. I guarantee you'll find a whole new lot of friends who love the music.!! I go out on my own all the time, although there are now always a heap of people there that I know. I'll be damned if I'm missing out on my favorite Djs because no one I know wants go. !! Last year when Hernan was here , I took a hour long train ride to geelong and then sat in a Mcdonalds for two hours waiting for the train back after the gig. I already had tickets to his Melbourne show on the following Friday, but I didn't want to miss a minute. It was one of my best nights out and when I walked in there was not one person I knew.
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• ddr
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

^^ nothing for me? the fuck dude... </3

Comment

• res0nat0r
                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                • May 2006

^^

Comment

• ddr
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

lol thanks res. use lube next time, k thanks... beanz knows how to do it, better ask him

Comment

• threehills
                    I heart Lollergirl
                    • Jun 2005

A few people have mentioned that traveling for a year can leave you in debt....well don't bring a credit card. Stay in a hostel ($15-25 per day, less if you don't have any standards). Get a job. Seriously, illegals do it all the time in this country, no reason you can't do it in another. Be a bar back for month in Seville, hitch or take the train to Madrid and start over. Get paid under the table and just live from day to day. The hardships of not knowing where you will sleep that night, lead to the fondest memories down the road. Sounds weird but true. I have traveled europe twice, once where I winged it and once were everything was pre arranged through a service. The service made things nice and cushy, but my fondest memories are when I did it on my own, struggled to find places to stay, trekked across various cities etc etc. Actually, I lot of it sucked at the time, but when you look back, those were actually the best times, the stuff you build upon to get you through tough spots in the future.

Or better yet, actually arrange a job ahead of time somewhere. Take a year off from your current job and teach English in some remote corner of the world. My friend did this in China without knowing how to speak Chinese.

Maybe a stint in the peace core? Or even teach for America.
                    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• Kamal
                      Administrator
                      • May 2002

Originally posted by threehills
                      A few people have mentioned that traveling for a year can leave you in debt....well don't bring a credit card. Stay in a hostel ($15-25 per day, less if you don't have any standards). Get a job. Seriously, illegals do it all the time in this country, no reason you can't do it in another. Be a bar back for month in Seville, hitch or take the train to Madrid and start over. Get paid under the table and just live from day to day. The hardships of not knowing where you will sleep that night, lead to the fondest memories down the road. Sounds weird but true. I have traveled europe twice, once where I winged it and once were everything was pre arranged through a service. The service made things nice and cushy, but my fondest memories are when I did it on my own, struggled to find places to stay, trekked across various cities etc etc. Actually, I lot of it sucked at the time, but when you look back, those were actually the best times, the stuff you build upon to get you through tough spots in the future.

Or better yet, actually arrange a job ahead of time somewhere. Take a year off from your current job and teach English in some remote corner of the world. My friend did this in China without knowing how to speak Chinese.

Maybe a stint in the peace core? Or even teach for America.
                      Life of a Gypsy.... gotta love it
                      www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                      he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                      Originally posted by ace_dl
                      Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                      I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• Kamal
                        Administrator
                        • May 2002

Originally posted by DIDI
                        Kamal, That is really sad because you do wonderful things here!!
                        Appreciate the vote of confidence.
                        www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                        he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                        Originally posted by ace_dl
                        Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                        I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• tiddles
                          Encryption, Jr.
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ddr
                          damn guys... i feel like that time is coming for me also.
                          i am graduating thsi weekend and will be studying this summer for my CPA. to that effect, i believe that the monotonous day life is upon me soon enough. What i want to do is move somewhere else and experience something new... that is what is keeping me going is the chance at moving somewhere else. my parents want me to move back in with them this fall and to get a blah job and bulk up my savings but i raelly do not want to do this..... lived in oregon my whole life and i think it is time for a change.

so yea, to sum it all up, graduating is scaring the shit out of me.. specially with no job yet, which is primarily why i am doing the cpa this summer.

rant over.
                          Hey, i just graduated a few weeks ago and know what you mean.
                          I got really depressed when I couldn't get a good job as a reporter (got my degree in journalism and have good intern experiance) and the best job for me was summer help at a grocery.

luckily i was able to find a writing job on craigslist that pays decent, but i did go to a bunch of staffing groups to try and find work.

anyway, i think you should get the fuck out of your parents' house and go do something fun for a while. you have the rest of your life to work a shitty job. do the CPA thing this summer and then go live for awhile.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • May 2006

Originally posted by ddr
                            lol thanks res. use lube next time, k thanks... beanz knows how to do it, better ask him
                            sorry 'bout that.

Comment

• res0nat0r
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • May 2006

Originally posted by threehills
                              AStay in a hostel ($15-25 per day, less if you don't have any standards).
                              i was looking to sleep cheap when i go over to europe next month, but it looks like i cant stay in some hostels in bavaria since i am too damn old. i think you have to be like 25 or under, or have kids with you. you know about this?

Comment

• GregWhelan
                                Are you Kidding me??
                                • Jun 2004

DIDI - one of the best clubbing nights of my life was at Heaven, London when I saw Tenaglia - on my own. However I'm not keen to do it again really, I like to be with people, simple as that.

I guess I simply want a girlfriend really - I was in a long term relationship about 6 years ago, and although it ended, the highs of that ride were amazing, nothing better than having somewhere there with you all the way - I want that back (although not the girl, she became a monster

Comment

Working...