• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threehills
    I heart Lollergirl
    • Jun 2005

Re: rant.

Originally posted by res0nat0r
    i was looking to sleep cheap when i go over to europe next month, but it looks like i cant stay in some hostels in bavaria since i am too damn old. i think you have to be like 25 or under, or have kids with you. you know about this?
    My understand is that there are Youth hostels (25 and under) and regular hostels, no age limit. I know hostels exist for adults as my wife just researched them as she is going to Spain in October for a wedding and will be spending a few days in a hostel.

I am wicked jealous I can't go. Our good friend from college is getting married to a spanish celebrity. Its going to be a gay wedding to boot so you know it will be a hell of a party.
    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• BureOne
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Sorry to hear that man. Sounds like you need more "tight" friends/homies. I have about 10 real close friends. Theres always something to do with them. Fortunatly I have a girlfriend (going on 6 1/2 yrs). btw we just got engaged last week. But thats' besides the point.

You need close friends to give you support, come over hang out and keep ya company. Watch games together w/ a couple of beers, shoot some billiards, play some poker, ya know get out of your "norm".

Comment

• Jenks
        I'm kind of a big deal.
        • Jun 2004

move out of KC dude.

it's a cow town trying to act like a city, and failing imo. went there a lot over the past year visiting friends and everytime i'm there it's like- get a griiiiiip people, you're not living.

pretty shocked to hear how many people are in the same mindset pickle is. life isn't boring, if it is, you're not doing it right. yeah i know, "thanks dr. phil." i really don't know what to say. travelling is the best thing you can do for the mind...but when you get home, you're still in KC.

Comment

• picklemonkey
          Double hoodie beer monster
          • Jun 2004

I was actually just talked to a friend yesterday that I grew up with, who moved to Springfield for college, then to Kansas City, and is now in Austin. She was actually talking about maybe moving to STL but we both figured it'd be the same as living in KC. I've been there plenty, but never lived there. Doesn't seem much different from here

Comment

• Jenks
            I'm kind of a big deal.
            • Jun 2004

it's way different man, but you have to live IN the city. we just convinced a friend of ours to move from KC to STL and she's loving it. She was travelling here almost every weekend to hang out in STL and finally decided to just move because STL > KC. So much more of a city, so much less of a town.

There are so many things musically to do here, there is actually an underground scene in stl. Not to mention the arts, downtown, etc. Tell ya what pickley, come in on a third saturday, and i'll show you around, hit up the alphahouse night, etc. Night and day compared to Kc. Every time we went out in KC i sat there scratching my head at the whole ridiculousness of it.

Comment

• shosh
              Banned
              • Jun 2004

pickle. move to vegas... you will not be bored!

Comment

• picklemonkey
                • Jun 2004

^ that actually sounds fun. but expensive

Comment

• picklemonkey
                  • Jun 2004

i'll give someone 500 bucks to let me and my dog crash your couch for a month if you live in a cool city

Comment

• threehills
                    I heart Lollergirl
                    • Jun 2005

Pickle, check out these sites for places to stay for free...

Meet and Stay with Locals All Over the World

or....

Follow these simple instructions.

It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• picklemonkey
                      • Jun 2004

that couchsurfing thing looks real interesting... I can't stop looking at it. anybody ever used it? or heard of it?

Comment

• Lrn
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jan 2005

threehills thats fucking hilarious

Comment

• GregWhelan
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Indeed, although I'm not at the stage where I'll want to lose my mind at work, I actually enjoy my work!

Comment

• res0nat0r
                            Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                            • May 2006

holi shit this couchsurfing thing looks great. look at all the stuff in germany. anyone else use it? inquiring minds + pickles want to know.

Comment

• beanzncheez
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2004

Did you ever send your proposal and head shot to Matt Groening for the live action version of The Simpsons?

Comment

• res0nat0r
                                Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                                • May 2006

im already booked thru the summer w/ stripping gigs, cant.

Comment

Working...