X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

rant.

I'm bored. I don't know what to do with my days and nights. I just kicked my girlfriend out of the house. I hate that I did it, didn't want to do it, but absolutely had to do it. I don't know how to keep myself busy. I'm now alone each night and I don't know how to keep my mind occupied. I'm building a new deck on my house but it only helps while I'm actually doing it. There's so many other hours in the day that I'm stuck with. Sitting alone in my home is eating away at me and I don't know what to do with myself. I'm tired of the Internet. I sit on a computer for work 8-10 hours a day, and am fed up with looking at a computer screen all day. I'm tired of searching for new music. The past 7 years has been a constant hunt for new music, which occupied most of my time on the internet. I've reached a point where I'm never satisfied with what I find and I'm bored with what I have. I'm tired of being at home, but I'm tired of sitting in my car. I work from home during the day, and am at home during the night. I don't like going out and spending money at a bar during the week, but I don't like to be at home all day either. Especially right now. For the past few months it feels like I've slowly cared less and less about things around me. I've noticed the past few weeks it's starting seeping into work, too. My boss thinks I'm amazing but I feel like every day is stuck on repeat. I think today's groundhog day. I've reached the point where I don't give a shit what most people think about me. Probably good news. Especially strangers. I've reached the point where I'm fed up with sugarcoating everything I say. It's a waste of my time. Arguing with people seems to be much more worth my time and effort than going out of my way to avoid arguing with someone or hurting someone's feelings.

I desperately want to use my passport again. Last time I traveled out of the country was to Europe for 3 weeks for business. I had 90 hour workweeks and the most I got to look at was a few countries from my hotel, restaraunt, or workplace window. Even then it was awesome. I work from home so I just want to pack up and go somewhere for a month. Or multiple somewheres for multiple months. Work by day from hotel, and explore by night. I want to take a vacation and experience a deep dive in a country that doesn't speak english and soak up the culture. Most of all, I'm tired of seeing the same people when I go out, but never knowing anything about them or their lives. I can think of 100 faces (and maybe 15 names) that I only know on a handshake basis. I want to meet new people, and I want to see them more often than once a month by accident at a bar. People that just want to hang out, watch movies, talk bullshit and chill. People who aren't so much into themselves that they don't give the time of day to others based on their first impressions or on rumor's they've heard from other people. People who are willing to come to my house at times instead of what feels like the routine of always putting in the effort to go to someone else's house. Stangely enough, I also feel bad for my dog. I want her to experience just as many new people and places as I do. No matter what she or I do, she's always excited to see me. I know she'd share that excitement with everybody that she sees. I think I'm going to just start packing her up and taking her somewhere new every day. I guess exciting her every day should be best effort at keeping my mind from feeling at least somewhat stale.

end of rant. thanks.
  • ShawnD64
    Quickshot the Minute Man
    • Jan 2005

Re: rant.

i am sorry dude, i cannot say i know the feeling of losing a girl, havent had one in a while... but the constant monotony of work and life gets to me. i feel there is nothing to look forward to, and day in day out the rest of my life is work... and that drives me nuts. i also spent some time in europe this year for work, and i am dieing to go back. i hope you find what makes you happy and excited. for me making music is all i really have outside work
    http://soundcloud.com/scd64
    http://www.myspace.com/scd64
    http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• threehills
      I heart Lollergirl
      • Jun 2005

Just go to orbitz right now and buy a ticket to somewhere. (cheap tickets to spain at the moment). Who cares if you don't have the money for it. But the ticket for september, fill you nights by working a second job doing something fun or menial and where you can argue with the customers, like...I dunno, mini golf course attendent. Bring a book and learn spanish while you sit at the counter and hand out pink colored golf balls. Just do it and worry about the details later. (easier said then done I know). In no time you'll have enough money to travel (plus all the money you aren't spending at the bar). Traveling turned my life around when I was in a rut, if you feel like you want to do it, just put your balls on the block and do it.
      It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
        • Jun 2004

Agreed. Travel.

If you can't afford it who cares? Stack it all on the credit card and deal with it later. As soon as I want to escape that's what I do.

Currently I'm in the exact same situation as you. I started a new job 5 weeks ago. It's a very good job and I'm finally climbing the ladder I've been sitting at the bottom of for so long. I should be excited about all this, and enjoying the decent money, but I couldn't care less anymore.

I want out. Last time I travelled I met a girl and the only thing on my mind right now is packing up and travelling to the other side of the world to live with her. This could be the exact thing I need right now, and I'm trying to sort out my options because I feel I'm ready to do something like this. It will be one hell of an adventure if I can manage to do it.

9 - 5 ain't for me. I've always known this, but the more time that passes by, the more I know it isn't the life for me. I don't want to be someone else's bitch for my entire life as a functioning adult

So to cut a long story short, you already mentioned you loved it when you travelled. Just go ahead and do it now rather than later. Maybe you'll find a place that you totally click with, and it will give you something to aim for in life. Travelling really aint that expensive and there's some pretty fucking cool places out there with some ultra cool people residing in them.
        "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• Kamal
          Administrator
          • May 2002

Originally posted by picklemonkey
          ..... but I feel like every day is stuck on repeat.
          Those 10 words have been my last 7 years
          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
          Originally posted by ace_dl
          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• AndyH
            Platinum Poster
            • May 2005

I agree with all above (except 7 years bit thankfully). The only thing I would say is if going away for some time is a bit of a gamble then dont do anything too rash. Maybe go away for a month rather than a year for example (unless doing that is not a problem in any way). The reason I say that is of u have just split up with your bird then it is natural to be at least a bit depressed and that alters your thinking and ability to rationalise. A year travelling the world with no worries might be exactly what u need, but if u come back (which u will obviously have to at some point) to a mountain of debt then u will be right back to square one, and trapped there..

Whatever u do, I hope u get sorted mate....
            [quote=lilsensa '] 'Who wants to sample size my ball sack?'

Comment

• Morgan
              Platinum Poster
              • Jun 2004

What 3hills said.

Theres far more to life than 9-5. Learn spanish and head south.
              "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• shosh
                Banned
                • Jun 2004

pickly... man that sounded awfully depressing man... just go back to work!

Comment

• feather
                  Shanghai ooompa loompa
                  • Jul 2004

Do something different in your life, break the routine. Pick up diving or something. Travelling can only do so much before you have to come back home again.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                  a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                  Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                  Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Kinetic
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

Wow Adam, you managed to put into words a good part of how I?ve been feeling lately.

And that all becomes aggravated because of the fact that just yesterday I split with my girlfriend of 6 years, who?s also the mother of my son. I?ve been feeling numb about almost everything for so long, it just felt like it was something I needed to do at this point so as to not make it all even worse for both her and the kid.

But this isn?t about me...

You know, the advice about travelling is probably the best anyone can give you right now. I don?t know if you have the freedom at work to go away for a month or whatever but I know it?s probably what I would do if I could and if travelling away from this shithole wasn?t so expensive. Preferably travel to somewhere really different...forget about Europe man, fly to Argentina and go crazy for a month or something.

I feel that when you get to a point where you feel in such a stalemante that you have to drive away most people you know, it?s really because you need to do "reset" on your life, so a change of scenery is probably the way to start.

I dunno...I?m definitely not the right person to talk about something like this right now, but I somehow related to what you wrote.
                    "I play music at people" - Surgeon

http://soundcloud.com/kineticdj
                    http://djkinetic.official.fm

Comment

• etincelles
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2005

hey adam,

why don't you go camping or spend a couple of nights outdoors for the time?
                      it's great for de-programming i personally try to go as often as i can...the ocean, the lake, whatever's nearby.

be happy

Comment

• miketpoto
                        Shabisquik The Ghetto Queen
                        • Jan 2005

become a pothead

Comment

• tiddles
                          Encryption, Jr.
                          • Jun 2004

do you get enough exercise?

Comment

• GregWhelan
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

pickle, you have just decsribed my life for pretty much as long as I can remember. Every weekend is a chore for me, i'm pretty occupied during the week but never have much to do at the weekends. none of my friends are into this music, so clubbing is out of the question. I go to the same bars all the time, just like you, and just like you I see hundreds of people every week who I know nothing about. Thursdays are my wost day because i subconsciously know the w/e is coming and usually I have nothing on. Money restricts what I can do really. I'm not really into travelling at this stage in my life, and besides I have no-one to go with. Every single one of my mates is in a relationship, and every single one of them treats their girl like crap, cheating on them left right and centre. I don't do any of that and get crapped on constantly.

Despite all that the only advice I can give is remain positive at all times and just do things that make you smile. Laugh every bad thing off, because if you can't do that, then you can't do much IMO

Comment

• Lorn
                              Looking for a title!
                              • Sep 2004

Damn...this place is depressing.

Comment

Working...