• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DIDI
    Aussie Pest
    • Nov 2004

Re: Wanting to get a Doberman

Originally posted by Bululu
    Thanks for the comments guys , the only thing that I don't know if I will be able to do is take it to the vet to cut the tail and bits of ears to make it look beautiful , I don't know if I will be able todo that.
    Don't do it!!! It's illegal over here now, thank goodness. Why you should your dog suffer for some else's idea of beauty!!!
    I'm the biggest sucker for dogs you'll ever know, but no child should ever be left alone with a dog. There are always unforseen things that can scare the dog and it may not react in a good way.

Unfortunately dog behavior can be genetic, so some breeds are definitely prone to be more aggressive, and you will not know until the dog is put in a stressful position. The only dobermans I've ever known I loved, and they were magnificent animals. But, two of them were certainly capable of aggressive behavior. One, as she got older became deaf and bit my boyfriends niece on the face when the child surprised her. The other nearly ripped a guys hand off when he put it in the car. This was in a service station and the guy put his hand in to be paid.

As I said I love dogs but it really pays to look into the type of dog which will best suit your lifestyle.

Btw We just had a women who was killed by her own dogs, mixed breeds.

My Dog, Don't know why the image is squashed??
    Originally posted by TheVrk
    it IS incredible isn't it??
    STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
    Simply does not get any better than Hernan
    The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• minneec
      Getting warmed up
      • Dec 2004

as a vet to be, i have to agree, don't leave a kid alone with a dog. a part of behaviior testing of dogs is to have this wack 3 1/2 feet doll walk up to the dog. for some reason, small people aren't always understoof by dogs. to dogs, they aren't full sized people, they walk funny, have random jerky movements that can be threatening, etc. but that said, dobies are the CUTEST! and wasn't there some study that said 90 % of dogs are naturally friendly lovable things whereas it's like 33% or soemthing for humans who are naturally friendly? Though dobies were bred to be guarddogs...and x-nay on the tail docking and ear cropping. it's still done here in the U.S, but why? enjoy your new doggie!
      as for the cat comment..i have 2 cats, and they follow me around and ask to be petted just like dogs do, except they are small enough to lay on the desk and get in the way when i study. they also sit on command for food...and one fetches...

Comment

• Kat
        A pretty fn good milkshake
        • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Jenks
        Dogs are so dependant on the owner. "pet me pet me pet me" "give me attention" "I have to poop" etc... ffs.

cats > dogs

dogs are great tho and true friends but cats are independent and that suits me the most
        ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by threehills
          You're an ass for saying that's stupid. Why is that stupid? Every single dog brain out there is wired totally correct? We all know certain people who are more innately aggressive than others, so why can't these be true with dogs as well? We have all heard about shizophrenia or other brain disorders that have nothing to do with how you were raised, why can't these same diseases affect dogs? (http://www.floridapetpages.com/artic...niaInPets.html)

I'm just saying...if I had an infant...and my dog were to have some disorder that would randomly show up one day, I would want that dog to be one that had a reputation for "niceness" than "agressiveness".

And especially when you have a young dog! The dogs intentions could be nothing but great, but sometimes when dogs, espeically younger ones, get all excited and wound up, they do crazy shit they don't necessarily mean to. Don't get me wrong, I love dogs as well, but not bothering to consider these things when choosing a pet is whats stupid.
          But everything you've said there directly applies word for word to humans too. So by your logic you shouldn't have a second child as it could be a potential harm to the first one. So you shouldn't have the second child as it could pose as a potential risk to the first child.
          "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• DIDI
            Aussie Pest
            • Nov 2004

Errr, There is a major difference!!! It's called communication !! We can talk to our children and tell them what is right and wrong and why, trying explaining that to a dog who has just been molested!! Babies usually don't bite !!
            Originally posted by TheVrk
            it IS incredible isn't it??
            STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
            Simply does not get any better than Hernan
            The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• threehills
              I heart Lollergirl
              • Jun 2005

Originally posted by DIDI
              Babies usually don't bite !!
              I once suffered a severe gumming.
              It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

Working...