If this is your first visit, be sure to
check out the FAQ by clicking the
link above. You may have to register
before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages,
select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.
Welp, I pre-ordered Involver from Amazon yesterday. And the more I read about it, the more interested and curious I become.
You may or may not be one of those people that "hated" Airdrawndagger, or at least disliked it heavily. However, I was one of those that thought the work was absolutely brilliant. I'm always up for something new, and it delivered.
I'm also hoping for the same from Involver. After reading the review at http://www.progressive-sounds.com, I think I'm going to be in for a real treat.
I hope my anticipation isn't all the pleasure I'll get from Involver.
How can anyone knock ADD. Or for that matter even compare a mix cd with an artist's own produced album. ADD was a monumental album that has influenced progressive dance music as we know it. Go back and listen to ADD again. Then go back and listen to all the amazing records that have come out since then. ADD's influence on progressive is clearly heard in many of the awesome records that have come out. As a novice music production student when I hear ADD I hear an amazing quality that is so hard to find these days with all the bullshit that comes out.
"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."
AFAIK both Involver and ADD are truly EXCELLENT albums in their own right!
It has certainly opened my eyes towards the diversity which Sasha possess. I especially appreciate his fondness for UNKLE tracks which he seems to be using alot in his mixes
We process personal data about users of our site, through the use of cookies and other technologies, to deliver our services, personalize advertising, and to analyze site activity. We may share certain information about our users with our advertising and analytics partners. For additional details, refer to our Privacy Policy.
By clicking "I AGREE" below, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our personal data processing and cookie practices as described therein. You also acknowledge that this forum may be hosted outside your country and you consent to the collection, storage, and processing of your data in the country where this forum is hosted.
Comment