• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Guantanamo to be Closed?

Starting to look that way:

The Bush administration is nearing a decision to close the Guantanamo Bay detainee facility and move the terror suspects there to military prisons elsewhere, The Associated Press has learned.

The advisers will consider a proposal to shut the center and transfer detainees to one or more Defense Department facilities, including the maximum security military prison at Fort Leavenworth in Kansas, where they could face trial, said the officials.
    Transfer them to other facilities and try them? That's madness! I thought if we weren't waterboarding them at Gitmo, we had to let them go!?!?!?!? The libs are going to be pissed!!!

OK, in all seriousness, this is probably a good thing. Gitmo has become one of a host of black marks for us, and actually trying these detainees means we might actually bring them to justice, which was supposed to be the whole point of capturing them in the first place, right?
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Guantanamo to be Closed?

where are we gonna put all dem terrorists now?
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• emuler
      I'm Ignorant.... so sue me!!
      • May 2007

Originally posted by 88Mariner
      where are we gonna put all dem terrorists now?
      in a prision in your country thats how it should be, they have no reason to be in cuba.

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

cuba doesn't own guantanimo, right? Come to think of it... I now get it: Put all those terrorists in gen-pop of some cali or NY state prison and let them mingle with the brothas.....

heh.
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• toasty
          Sir Toastiness
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
          cuba doesn't own guantanimo, right? Come to think of it... I now get it: Put all those terrorists in gen-pop of some cali or NY state prison and let them mingle with the brothas.....

heh.
          From Wikipedia:

Guant?namo Bay Naval Base at the southeastern end of Cuba has been used by the United States Navy for more than a century, and is the oldest overseas U.S. Navy Base and the only one in a country with which the United States does not have diplomatic relations. The United States controls the land on both sides of the southern part of Guant?namo Bay (Bah?a de Guant?namo in Spanish) under a lease set up in the wake of the 1898 Spanish-American War. The lease was established in a 1903 agreement between the two governments, and its terms were modified in a 1934 treaty. The current Cuban government considers the U.S. presence in Guant?namo to be an illegal occupation of the area, and argues that the Cuban-American Treaty, which established the lease in 1903, now violates article 52 of the 1969 Vienna Convention on the Law of Treaties, though the issue is still open to argument.

Comment

• Who?
            Getting warmed up
            • May 2007

playing devil's advocate - if the jails are already at max capacity because of all the 'dangerous pot dealers/smokers' and we are already releasing violent criminals back out because of the full system, are we going to let these guys walk cause there's no more room or are is the government going to have to break down on the 'war on drugs' and let the potheads out??? Should be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

• runningman
              Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
              • Jun 2004

they are probably going to close gitmo but then open the 300 FEMA detention centers acros the USA after the next attack..

Comment

Working...