X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nick jason
    Getting warmed up
    • Jun 2004

Production DJ software

Ok so i have the sound card from my PC connected directly into my 3 channel mixer with my two decks on the other two channels. Which is straightforward enough.

So, when I want to mix 2 tracks using just the two players in the DJ software and not use my decks at all, how do i spearate the sound from the two players? do i need 2 sound cards in my PC plugged into a separate channel each on the mixer?

at the moment i don't know how to play the track in player A and listen to player B in my headphones to beatmatch.....help!!!!!

• jeffrey collins
    Not cool enough
    • Jun 2004

Re: DJ software

well you said you have the soundcard FROM your PC...which would make me think that you have NOT purchased a seperate dedicated soundcard interface? You need to get one for doing split cue mixing with your software. Therefore you will have a headphone out on the interface along with a regular everything output, which when using your software will bring the music into your headphones and you won't have to worry about it going into the master output.
    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• psylucas911
      Getting Somewhere
      • Apr 2007

Re: DJ software

For beatmatching you need to different music sources, 1 soundcard may play just one track or two tracks together. get an external soundcar or an ECHO (PCMCIA) , or just plug another CPU into your mixer.
      www.myspace.com/lucaskoenigg

Comment

Working...