X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShawnD64
    Quickshot the Minute Man
    • Jan 2005

Re: America most charitable country

some people just cannot give a compliment....
    http://soundcloud.com/scd64
    http://www.myspace.com/scd64
    http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• day_for_night
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

umm i'm sorry, but when you spend exponentially more money on killing people than on foreign aid you don't get to brag about how much you've increased foreign aid.

the individual american people, however, who donate the most per capita in the world, are very commendable.

Comment

• Jenks
        I'm kind of a big deal.
        • Jun 2004

we have not spent 300 billion on the war chief. granted, we've spent a lot, but we're still giving away more in aid than to kill people. it wasn't bragging either, just a statement of fact that hey, our president is a fucking dipshit, but at LEAST he's helping Africa. Or that doesn't count does it, cuz the fucking WAR!

Comment

• day_for_night
          Are you Kidding me??
          • Jun 2004

wooooah, since when is the US governments foreign aid budget $300 billion?! You're getting two things confused here...how much the US government gives in foreign aid and how much US private citizens donate.

The US governments foreign aid as a % of GNI (gross national income) is actually very low at 0.17% (or 22.739 billion) in 2007. Thats no where close to how much they've spent on the war....

The US citizens make up for the fact that their government donates so little of its relative GNI as compared to most other developed countries (ie. Sweden, at number 1, donates 1.03% of its GNI to foreign aid...or +5x as much as the US).

source: http://www.globalissues.org/TradeRelated/Debt/USAid.asp

Comment

• Troklo
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by picklemonkey
            Why the roll eyes pickle?
            Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• Jenks
              I'm kind of a big deal.
              • Jun 2004

you win jeff. fuck america.

Comment

• day_for_night
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

nooooo...fuck the US gov't! the citizens are awesome...

Comment

• Bululu
                  Gold Gabber
                  • Jun 2004

All the aid that the US gov give is for political reasons, not because they are loving and caring about the world , the world biggest capitalist won't give you a penny if that penny wouldn't give a dollar back, thats the way I see it.

Comment

• KinKyJ
                    Platinum Poser
                    • Jun 2004

^^^ Not entirely true. Yes, US food aid might have had some fucked up side effects here and there, but even if you really would demonize that all, there's still the US NGOs.

Erzina's sister works for such an NGO helping to resolve ethnic tension in the Balkan. They're doing a great job and it's with US money even though it's in the EU back garden (note: which doesn't mean we invest a shitload too).

Your post is bs in other words. Thank you.

Comment

• shosh
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2004

since when is the world holding a country accountable for its CHARITABLE DONATIONS? I'm sorry, but i thought these donations were voluntary!!! the US and its people will give as they wish when they wish and the world should say thank you and thats it. this is like a beggar saying that even anything being tossed his way is not enough. this is preposterous. I make decent money and I donate some of that money. But if any person or organization that gets any of MY money says its not enough, they will not get another 1/100th of a penny. The US govt chooses to spend money on the WAR, which is very debatable. However, what the country chooses to give is not.
                      I thank you America for being so kind and generous. I hope that you will continue to find it in your heart to continue giving. God Bless America!

Comment

• ShawnD64
                        Quickshot the Minute Man
                        • Jan 2005

george bush was the first president to declare genocide in darfur. not one country in the UN backed us. we only do things for political gain? i dont see any country in europe giving out any favors... if so id love to be proven wrong... we had millions in troops in the middle east and still offered up more for darfur and countries with no troops in iraq hid like pussies.

the US does a lot that the press does not see... the BBC and the rest of the world loves to shit on us. not that i agree with iraq, imo i would have love to gone to darfur instead... but the US is not this evil nazi regime that we are made out to be (by some).
                        http://soundcloud.com/scd64
                        http://www.myspace.com/scd64
                        http://b-sidesradio.blogspot.com/

Comment

• KinKyJ
                          Platinum Poser
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by ShawnD64
                          we had millions in troops in the middle east and still offered up more for darfur and countries with no troops in iraq hid like pussies.
                          Correction. The troops there are under UN mandate: 3.000 troops in total with only logistic and communication support for the African Union troops which are already there. That's all the Sudanese government is willing to accept. Nothing heroic happened (yet) in Darfur. Bush calling the events of the past few years there by there name is nothing more than correct, but quite overdue... If this were a pissing contest, I could slap you with this EU resolution dating 28 August 2007. Like I said: overdue.

Plus is you want figures to go with that: Holland offered 10 mil Euro support to the AU troops and Egypt will deliver 750 troops for the UN force. Didn't feel like finding more examples

Comment

• Jenks
                            I'm kind of a big deal.
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bululu
                            All the aid that the US gov give is for political reasons, not because they are loving and caring about the world , the world biggest capitalist won't give you a penny if that penny wouldn't give a dollar back, thats the way I see it.
                            omg bulululu in typical post shocker!!
                            Last edited by Jenks; June 27, 2007, 01:17:47 AM.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                              • Jun 2004

Well after reading this thread I wouldn't have thought the figures to be accurate. Americans as individuals have little knowledge of the world outside of their county (I think even the Americans here will agree with this one, if you don't believe me just look at the percentage of your population who travel internationally).

So I decided to do my own search for some data, and I've come up with a completely different set of figures, from what seems to be a more reputable source. Can the economists among us please make sure I'm looking at these correctly, because they tell quite a different story to that article! Americans don't even give the most money as a total!

Total figures: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ec...omic-aid-donor

Per capita: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ec...nor-per-capita

Per $ GDP: http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/ec...-donor-per-gdp

according to an annual report released Monday by the Giving USA Foundation at Indiana University's Center on Philanthropy.
                              Yeah... real credible source guys!
                              "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• KinKyJ
                                Platinum Poser
                                • Jun 2004

^^^ ouch, we even give 5 times more per capita... Must be the beer

Comment

Working...