X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mgabrielm
    Fresh Peossy
    • Mar 2006

Re: Pro Wrestler Chris Benoit kills family then himself

I am not sure about this being so simple as roid rage. The 7 year old boy was sick, very sick, with no cure. That is tough, really tough to see your child in a state from which there is no way out, and knowing that there is nothing you (or for that matter anyone) can do for him, knowing that he will not lead a normal, happy life. I am sure that the boy being sick has left its mark on the relationship he had with his wife. There could have been fights about whose responsabilty the state of the boy was, stuff like that. I am reasonably sure that his wife could have put the finger on him, for say using some steroids. Then he could have snapped. I am not trying to acquit him, or say it is perfectly normal to strangle your son if he is sick, or kill your wife it she gets on your nerves too much. All I am saying is that I think there had been much pressure on him, which could have proven too much at some point, roid rage or not.

Comment

• griffin
      Getting Somewhere
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by mgabrielm
      I am not sure about this being so simple as roid rage. The 7 year old boy was sick, very sick, with no cure. That is tough, really tough to see your child in a state from which there is no way out, and knowing that there is nothing you (or for that matter anyone) can do for him, knowing that he will not lead a normal, happy life. I am sure that the boy being sick has left its mark on the relationship he had with his wife. There could have been fights about whose responsabilty the state of the boy was, stuff like that. I am reasonably sure that his wife could have put the finger on him, for say using some steroids. Then he could have snapped. I am not trying to acquit him, or say it is perfectly normal to strangle your son if he is sick, or kill your wife it she gets on your nerves too much. All I am saying is that I think there had been much pressure on him, which could have proven too much at some point, roid rage or not.
      fragile x is inherited from the female side of the family, so it would be impossible for her to point the finger at him. they had marital issues dating back to even before they were married. there's no simple answer to this story. it's most likely a combination of everything; drug abuse (script and rec), the rigors of being on the road all the time working a very hard style of pro wrestling, long term steroid abuse, family struggles, depression, etc. some interesting stuff from last week's wrestling observer newsletter (copying from another board)

-Dave confirmed he used a form of the Crippler Crossface on Daniel. This is interesting since Bryan was adamant that the story was bullshit. Apparently investigators found marks on the boys arm and face that they didn't understand and upon watching a tape of a Benoit match and seeing the move it made sense. There were no marks on the neck. They just said it was a "choke" as to not further sensationalize an already sensationalized story.

-Dave said Bryan was closer to Benoit (he found his writing hilarious) then he was and that Dave hardly ever talked to Chris (while Bryan seemed to indicate semi regular contact). Thought that was interesting as we rib Bryan about getting all his sources through Dave but I never thought he'd have more access to someone like Benoit then Dave.

-Benoit got a prescription for the anti-depressant Zoloft at the doctor's visit on Friday.

-Benoit started going downhill after Eddy died because he lost the one guy who he could confide in and shared his problems with. Apparently close friends always knew Benoit had the same problems as Eddy (pills, etc.) and suggested Benoit seriously needed to see a therapist but no one suggested it since he wasn't the type to be open to that sort of thing.

-Apparently the death of Johnny Grunge hit Benoit even harder then Eddy since they were neighbors and him and Nancy fighting was somewhat common and he'd be the one to come over and defuse situations and make Chris laugh. After he died, Chris didn't have that buffer when things got out of control.

-Chris and Nancy had recently separated for a period of time, and Dave received a change of address form for an apartment different then their house (I believe Bryan mentioned he got a different address too).

-Chris recently opened up a new life insurance claim naming his ex-wife and his older 2 kids as the beneficiaries and refused to include Nancy or Daniel.

-When there were rumors of him leaving for TNA, Dave asked him about it and Chris was paranoid thinking Dave had inside info that WWE was going to release him. He apparently may have thought ECW was a demotion and the next step would be out the door. He was reportedly obsessed with establishing himself at the HHH/HBK level. He had grown increasingly paranoid that someone was out to get him and didn't let Nancy leave the house at night or Daniel to play outside and would take different routes from the airport home each time in case he was being followed.

-Nancy confided to a friend in wrestling days before the murders that she feared for her life and the friend told her to go take Daniel to her parents place in Florida (as she had done before when Chris became violent) but she didn't this time. Apparently she had a lockbox at the bank with notes indicating if something happened to her, it was Chris.

-Theory is that she told him she was leaving him for good and taking Daniel and that's when he snapped on her. Loved his son and when she filed for divorce all he wanted was joint custody. Theory is he killed Daniel because in his mind he couldn't bare to let him be alone without his parents and in his condition so it was a "mercy killing".

-Someone in WWE informed Dave before the RAW show that Chris had killed them, but others in the company were unaware but at least someone high up knew before the tribute show was put on the air.

-How's this for eerie. When Vince called all the guys in the ring before RAW to give the news, the stage had been decorated with a casket, reefs, candles with Vince's picture, etc. like a funeral. Talent was told to bring dark suits like a funeral to the taping. I'm sure that was a blast. Vince apparently handled it really well, told anyone who wanted to go home would not be disciplined but guys were basket cases and trying to think of some rationalization (carbon monoxide, etc.)

-Nancy visited Dr. Astin on Thursday asking questions about how she could raise Daniel on her own.

-Dave gave a description of the common profile of men who kill their whole families and it was eerily similar to Benoit (hard working, driven, experienced a loss, a few friends but no real support system, anxiety, etc."

-Said Chris was constantly anxious about something. When he was at home he was worried about wrestling, when wrestling he was worried about his family.

-Regal was a neighbor of Benoit's and Grunge and would have know about the home troubles so that sheds some light on his "tribute".

-Dave says he can't write a proper obit/career retrospect and doesn't know if he ever will.

Comment

• toasty
        Sir Toastiness
        • Jun 2004

I saw another story today that suggested that the method of death for Benoit's son was his finishing move as a wrestler:

WRESTLER Chris Benoit murdered his seven-year-old son with his WWE finishing move, police have said.

Cops in Georgia are speculating that Benoit, 40, ended Daniel's life with a version of the Crippler Crossface hold the morning after strangling his wife Nancy, 43, to death. Later that day Benoit committed suicide.

The Crippler Crossface was a move Benoit used in almost all his wrestling matches, including when he beat Triple H for the heavyweight title at WrestleMania XX.

Police were originally confused by bruising on the young lad that wouldn't have been there had he been strangled.

Then an officer watched a wrestling tape, quickly realising that the marks on Daniel's body matched the application of a version the Crossface.
        Can this story possibly get any stranger? WTF?

Comment

• shosh
          Banned
          • Jun 2004

sick motherfucker imo

Comment

• buckman
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by toasty
            I saw another story today that suggested that the method of death for Benoit's son was his finishing move as a wrestler:
            I guess the ref didnt notice his son tapping out.
            " Darkness Imprisioning Me
            All That I See
            Absolute Horror
            I Cannot Live
            I Cannot Die
            Trapped In Myself
            Body My Holding Cell"-James Hetfield(Metallica)

soulseek sn buckman28

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

^^

Comment

• mgabrielm
                Fresh Peossy
                • Mar 2006

Originally posted by griffin
                fragile x is inherited from the female side of the family, so it would be impossible for her to point the finger at him. they had marital issues dating back to even before they were married. there's no simple answer to this story. it's most likely a combination of everything; drug abuse (script and rec), the rigors of being on the road all the time working a very hard style of pro wrestling, long term steroid abuse, family struggles, depression, etc. some interesting stuff from last week's wrestling observer newsletter (copying from another board)
                This is one sad twisted tale. I had awkward empathy to the guy, but that's now gone. I don't think it can possibly get any more sick than to kill your child with a wrestling move.

Comment

• tiddles
                  Encryption, Jr.
                  • Jun 2004

^seriously

this makes me want to go piss on his grave

Comment

• Steve Graham
                    DJ Jelly
                    • Jun 2004

didnt he meet his wife during one the "storys" of the WWE she was married to some other wrestler? the whole thing is messed up from before their marriage to now

Comment

• day_for_night
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

the guy was taking 10 months worth of steriods per month!

Comment

• griffin
                        Getting Somewhere
                        • Nov 2005

Originally posted by day_for_night

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/03/wre....ap/index.html
                        i didn't read the article yet, but from what i saw/heard this morning, he was prescribed 10 months worth every 3-4 weeks. it's completely possible he wasn't taking them all. he may have been supplying other wrestlers with that large supply, along with pumping himself with it as well.

djsg, yes, you are correct. nancy benoit was married to kevin sullivan back in their wcw days. during a span when kevin was the booker, he wrote a stoyline that had his wife (nancy) turn on him and go with benoit. he took it far tho, having them travel together, hotel together, etc, just to try and work the fans. eventually they started dating for real... nancy divorced sullivan in real life, and eventually married chris.

Comment

• day_for_night
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by griffin
                          djsg, yes, you are correct. nancy benoit was married to kevin sullivan back in their wcw days. during a span when kevin was the booker, he wrote a stoyline that had his wife (nancy) turn on him and go with benoit. he took it far tho, having them travel together, hotel together, etc, just to try and work the fans. eventually they started dating for real... nancy divorced sullivan in real life, and eventually married chris.
                          funny, thats how my mom and dad got together, too....

and even if he was only taking a portion of the amount he was prescribed, thats still way too much juice. hell, any amount is...

Comment

• KinKyJ
                            Platinum Poser
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by day_for_night

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/03/wre....ap/index.html
                            roid rage doesn't make you flip for two days in a row. 2 hours max and even then. Nope, don't know that from experience, just heard it from another wrestler. Fake sport

Comment

Working...