X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • scifi pi
    Addiction started
    • Oct 2004

Q: FIRST EVER "TECHNO" or "ELECTRONIC"?

WHAT WAS THE FIRST EVER "TECHNO" or "ELECTRONIC" track/song you ever heard?

For me - Kraftwerk "Numbers" circa 1981
  • 88Mariner
    My dick is smaller
    • Nov 2006

Re: Q: FIRST EVER "TECHNO" or "ELECTRONIC"?

it was either "James Brown Is Dead" by L.A. Style, the Keoki remix of the Speed Racer theme, or the jungle remix of the Sesame Street theme song. I can't remember which, but it's what I grew up on in Chicago listening to B96 (the killer bee!) in the very early 90's. Good memories btw
    you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Jenks
      I'm kind of a big deal.
      • Jun 2004

^^^dude, if rep power meant anything i'd give you a fucking zillion of it for your post....it must be the midwest or something...LA Style - James Brown is Dead was the afterhour basement jam back in the day, back when i was into all the Twisted records.

Comment

• diegoff
        Are you Kidding me??
        • Jun 2004

I don't remember.... I guess it was something like tangerine dream, from de "white eagle" album....
        It´s a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
        Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
        May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

It was a cd with the word "Beatz" on it with the song "Mr. Kirk's Nightmare" if anyone know's what cd I'm talking about, I would be super super stoked! Also Keoki of course...

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• fisheye
            Addiction started
            • Aug 2004

I don't remember the first piece of "techno"/"electronic" music that I heard. It was probably the a remix of the Miami Vice Theme or some Ken Davis ambient stuff at the dentist. The first electronic music that I remember that actually made an impact and that I remember was The Other Side - (Sasha and Maria Nayler )which I first heard in 1997 when S & D used it as the opening track on the JJJ Mixup - Northern Exposure Tour.
            Haven't looked back since.....

Comment

• fletcher
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2005

For me it was listening to the early Metalheadz releases in 1995 (at the tender age of 13!)
              Totally fell in love with Goldie's Timeless album which is still awesome to this day.

Kemistry (RIP) and Storm on the John Peel (RIP) show, what a set that was, had a tape recording that i listened to religiously for years. Adam F's early days (Circles), Bad Company, all good stuff. Also around this time, Super Sharp Shooter...

Remember staying up late to listen to John Peel's show, he is my main musical influence to this day.. totally eclectic, totally off the wall, totally fresh sounds. Also the old "one in the jungle" show which was on radio one and started about 1995.
              http://fletchymole.wordpress.com/

Comment

• Jenks
                I'm kind of a big deal.
                • Jun 2004

I owe most of my early electronic education to Toasty. Dude had a massive electronic cd collection in college. KMFDM, Orb, Curve. It wore off on me.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

Depending on Your definition - it was probably Cars by Gary Numan
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• nbpgt
                    Platinum Poster
                    • Jun 2004

prolly wink's 'higher state' first caught my ear.

Comment

• rewing3
                      I really don't care
                      • Jun 2004

First was LSD is the bomb or some earl KMFDM stuff. First cd I bought was the ORB- Adventures of the Ultraworld or something like that.
                      Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• Funky Dredd
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • May 2005

Originally posted by scifi pi
                        For me - Kraftwerk "Numbers" circa 1981
                        You hit the nail on that one! I can even remember where I heard it at.
                        It had such an impact on me that I just stopped and listened to the song!
                        Mutations presents Change The Music

Mutations (original show)

Mutations presents Change The Music airs 4th Friday of the month on SaturoSounds

Comment

• 88Mariner
                          My dick is smaller
                          • Nov 2006

Adam F - (Circles)

if you don't own it, buy it. this is one of the best edm albums that has ever been produced. hands down. I would put this toe to toe with any other edm album out there. This should have been named Timeless, imo.
                          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• BureOne
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                            it was either "James Brown Is Dead" by L.A. Style, the Keoki remix of the Speed Racer theme, or the jungle remix of the Sesame Street theme song. I can't remember which, but it's what I grew up on in Chicago listening to B96 (the killer bee!) in the very early 90's. Good memories btw
                            hahah, same here. This was pretty much how I came to know electronic music as well. Pure old schiool Techno!

"Elevator up!, Elevator down!", "Who is Elvis" by Interactive,and that Dildo Dildo Dildo Dildo wiggidy wiggidy wow wow lol!

Comment

• itrain333
                              Getting warmed up
                              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by 88Mariner
                              Adam F - (Circles)

if you don't own it, buy it. this is one of the best edm albums that has ever been produced. hands down. I would put this toe to toe with any other edm album out there. This should have been named Timeless, imo.
                              I imagine you mean his LP "Colours", which has the Circles track on it. For me, Colours, Goldie's Timeless, and LTJ Bukem's Logical Progression are the holy trinity of DnB. Colours is amazing, and I would rank it just behind the other 2 albums I just mentioned.

Also, I immediately thought of Gary Numan's Cars when I read the topic.

The first definite techno/electronic song that caught my ear was probably LaTour - "People are still having sex." I saw the video on MTV when I was a kid, and I was quite intrigued. I heard someone play this song on a mix I DLed awhile ago and it instantly brought back memories.

As far as the song that got me into listening to EDM, that's an easy answer: Orbital - Halcyon + On + On. What an amazing track.

Comment

Working...