X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Miroslav
    WHOA I can change this!1!
    • Apr 2006

the first FDA approved diet drug that may make you poop your pants

Anyone see this on the Colbert Report? I had to check this out for myself.
    So Glaxo came up with this GREAT new product called Alli, the latest FDA approved diet pill!

According to their website here is what you may get along with it:
    gas with oily spotting
    loose stools
    more frequent stools that may be hard to control

They also advise you to "wear dark pants" when you start taking it, and their message board has people talking about "pooping orange stuff" and dealing with "explosive defacation".

So, just to summarize: we as a society have evolved to the point where we can throw billions of dollars and devote entire livelihoods into making a pill (no doubt not a cheap one!) that may help us lose some weight...and maye also very well make us shit in our pants like little kids.

Am I the only one who finds this to be thoroughly insane? Is this some sort of a bizarre social experiment to verify just how stupid people have become?? I fear for us all. I think it's high time for us to just go extinct.

Once again...thank you, Big Pharma!
    mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav
  • SyntaxTerror
    • Jun 2004

Re: wanna take an FDA approved diet drug that will make you poop your pants??

Well if that's the side effects you'd hope it would have some pretty awesome results!
    "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

You know what pisses me off? This illusion of having everyting out of the box.

I'm training at this new gym closer to my house and I'm already regretting it. I mean, you have these fatsos rolling in, getting a cardiac arrest 5 nights a week puffing on a cross trainer for a week or two because they think they can get a "Summer body" in one month.

... and then some of the fuckers who are too igorant to give it up and start a healthy diet for starters come up to me and ask me what I "take" to "look that way"...

"... A 10km run every morning, 30mins weights every night, 4 hours of thaiboxing per week and no fast food nor soda..."

"... And no hormones or steroids? Ah c'monnnnn..."

That's a moment when I realize the added value of anger management courses

Taking a pill because you're too lazy to work out or too stupid to eat less? Yeah, I hope they crap their pants big time. That's the minimum minimorum. Fucking weaklings.

Comment

• tiddles
        Encryption, Jr.
        • Jun 2004

Re: the first FDA approved diet drug that may make you poop your pants

damn, anonin should have tested that one!

Comment

• fisheye
          Addiction started
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Miroslav
          According to their website here is what you may get along with it:
          gas with oily spotting
          loose stools
          more frequent stools that may be hard to control
          Pooping your pants like a preschooler isn't too bad a side-effect. Here in OZland we had a sleeping pill called STILNOX whos' side effect was hallucinatory sleepwalking (and other odd behavior). A fella almost karked it here when he had a hallucination and stepped right off his 12th storey hotel balcony whilst holidaying. Another chick had her leg below the knee amputated after collapsing at home in her bathroom. She was unconscious for a day and a half and when she came to she discovered to her considerable surprise that she had cut off the circulation to her leg. Then you've got the sheila who gained 26 kg because she ate her fridge out whilst sleeping. (Sleepeating anybody???) And how about the poor soul who suffered hallucinations and plunged a carving knife into her stomach, causing major internal damage. I'll take shitting me pants any old time. . . . .

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

Equally annoying are those non-fat Wheat Thins or Oreo Cookies

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Erik Mitchell
              Gold Gabber
              • Oct 2004

I like to stick to the ol' working out and eating right routine. They have a pill for everything nowadays...
              soundcloud - facedbook

Comment

• Yao
                DUDERZ get a life!!!
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
                You know what pisses me off? This illusion of having everyting out of the box.

I'm training at this new gym closer to my house and I'm already regretting it. I mean, you have these fatsos rolling in, getting a cardiac arrest 5 nights a week puffing on a cross trainer for a week or two because they think they can get a "Summer body" in one month.

... and then some of the fuckers who are too igorant to give it up and start a healthy diet for starters come up to me and ask me what I "take" to "look that way"...

"... A 10km run every morning, 30mins weights every night, 4 hours of thaiboxing per week and no fast food nor soda..."

"... And no hormones or steroids? Ah c'monnnnn..."

That's a moment when I realize the added value of anger management courses

Taking a pill because you're too lazy to work out or too stupid to eat less? Yeah, I hope they crap their pants big time. That's the minimum minimorum. Fucking weaklings.
                No shit...people expect max result with minimum effort. What's even worse....sometimes they go to a gym with no experience, they just look at how you do your exercises (10yrs of practice here) and decide that they can do it too. Put on twice the weight I take because they think I'm a pussy and they are much stronger and then proceed to totally fuck the exercise and they muscles. Usually they give it maybe 3 reps and then give up, and move on to an easier one.

And none of them has the balls to walk over and simply ask: "could you explain to me how this exercise works?"

As for diet pills: get a healthier life, they don't make all the hamburgers go away...
                Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                  Anyone have Styx livesets?
                  • Jun 2004

Anyone see this on the Colbert Report? I had to check this out for myself.
                  So Glaxo came up with this GREAT new product called Alli, the latest FDA approved diet pill!

!
                  it is intended for (eseentially) for grossly obese people - whose risks of heat attacks,diabetes, etc etc etc are far elevated, and will cost loadsa money over years. Those effects are technically far worse than an oilly shit. So if you compare it against those criteria - its probably quite good.

Nonetheless - soem fatties in white trousers are gonna develop some severe anxiety problems!
                  ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• KinKyJ
                    Platinum Poser
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Yao
                    No shit...people expect max result with minimum effort. What's even worse....sometimes they go to a gym with no experience, they just look at how you do your exercises (10yrs of practice here) and decide that they can do it too. Put on twice the weight I take because they think I'm a pussy and they are much stronger and then proceed to totally fuck the exercise and they muscles. Usually they give it maybe 3 reps and then give up, and move on to an easier one.

And none of them has the balls to walk over and simply ask: "could you explain to me how this exercise works?"
                    Hahahaha, yeah those local Rambos really are morons. I just love the sight when they start benching for the first time in their life. Pathetic as hell. I often feel like sabotaging the safety which blocks the bar when you can't hold it anymore

Comment

• Miroslav
                      WHOA I can change this!1!
                      • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
                      it is intended for (eseentially) for grossly obese people - whose risks of heat attacks,diabetes, etc etc etc are far elevated, and will cost loadsa money over years. Those effects are technically far worse than an oilly shit. So if you compare it against those criteria - its probably quite good.

Nonetheless - soem fatties in white trousers are gonna develop some severe anxiety problems!
                      I dunno, man...depends on what you mean by "grossly obese". This is over the counter medication; you can pick it up along with your aspirin at the local pharmacy. It's also marketed as part of a "plan" that includes diet and exercise. People I consider grossly obese aren't realistic candidates for diet and exercise plans and they would need the prescription strength version at the very least - except that even medication usually isn't effective in the long term for these people and they end up being candidates for things like bariatric and laproscopic surgery.
                      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• day_for_night
                        Are you Kidding me??
                        • Jun 2004

might as well start now, seeing as we'll be needing them in the retirement years anyways. this is just good practice...

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                          Anyone have Styx livesets?
                          • Jun 2004

I dunno, man...depends on what you mean by "grossly obese". This is over the counter medication; you can pick it up along with your aspirin at the local pharmacy. It's also marketed as part of a "plan" that includes diet and exercise. People I consider grossly obese aren't realistic candidates for diet and exercise plans and they would need the prescription strength version at the very least - except that even medication usually isn't effective in the long term for these people and they end up being candidates for things like bariatric and laproscopic surgery.
                          check the info for healthcare profesionals from that site :
                          :"Orlistat has an extensive clinical history and has been studied in more than 100 clinical trials with more than 25 million patient treatments in 145 countries worldwide.
                          Overweight and obesity are highly complex and multifaceted conditions that result from a myriad of socioeconomic conditions, lifestyles, and medical circumstances"

it was definetly developed for obese people.

doesnt mean it will be used that way tho.
                          Either way Glaxosmith are gonna make a shitload (!!) of money with this.
                          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• KinKyJ
                            Platinum Poser
                            • Jun 2004

Fuck fat people, really. I used to be fat until I decided to take it all into my own hands and died the first two months I did thaiboxing. Burn the fat off your souls, fucking lazy fat fucks....

Comment

Working...