X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

I signed up

... as volunteer with the fire dept in my city. Some of my friends thought I was an idiot for exposing myself to the risks that come with the job, they might be right...

But anyway, since I'm a trainer/consultant in occupational safety I thought it would be interesting to experience some emergencies first hand. I mean seriously, talking about safety and not knowing how you'd react in such a situation yourself sounds a bit blas? to me.

Plus it gives me a good feeling to do something back for the community. Might sound pretty naieve at times like these, but hey, that's just the way I am.

Anyone on the board have experience with the fire dept? Putting out fires 'n' shit is one thing, cutting out a mingled body out of a car is something else
  • picklemonkey
    Double hoodie beer monster
    • Jun 2004

Re: I signed up

my grandpa worked his way up from a volunteer to become chief or second of the fire dept. he talks about how with his training he's always stuck determining which of two lives he's going to save and which he's going to let die. hope you can deal with that kind of shit bro... that stuff is bound to be tough. don't give up though, stick with it.

Comment

• Jibgolly
      Vortexuralizor
      • Jun 2004

with all the bullshit you post, i was relieved to see this one was actually meaningful.
      good luck and be safe Jan.

Comment

• palmer
        Retired or Simply Important
        • Jun 2004

I've actually been thinking about doing the same thing.
        I would like to give back to the community.
        todayistomorrow
        art direction | design | animation

Comment

• floridaorange
          I'm merely a humble butler
          • Dec 2005

Everyone needs to serve their community before expecting their community to serve them (monitarily or otherwise). I served my community for serveral years and another thing is you will never regret one second of volunteering. Thats a pretty exciting way to give back Kinkz keep us posted.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Erik Mitchell
            Gold Gabber
            • Oct 2004

Nothing wrong with volunteering, good luck with it!
            soundcloud - facedbook

Comment

• Localizer
              Platinum Poster
              • Jul 2004

There's this hot EMT chick in the ER I work at. She has a nice rack and a juicy ass. ya.
              Many people would sooner die than think; In fact, they do so.
              -Bertrand Russell

Comment

• Kat
                A pretty fn good milkshake
                • Mar 2006

ok I'll do it this time

"Now ppl this stuff is serious!"

♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• hambino21
                  PFC Semen Ham
                  • Jul 2004

Kudos and good luck with that endeavour. Volunteering is definitely something that needs to be done more often. If and when things get rough or whenever something traumatic happens, you will learn a lot about yourself ,trust me. Any training you recieve prior will some how click when you least expect it. Be safe .
                  " Focus on the subtleties and the world becomes grander"

- Me-

Comment

• Yao
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

Never done it but I lik the idea, it's definitely interesting to go and find out arund here too. Respect for that decision though man, and I totally agree with you that given your occupation it might actually be of great value to you on multiple levels.
                    Blowkick visual & graphic design - No Civilization. Now With Broadband.

There are but three true sports -- bullfighting, mountain climbing, and motor-racing. The rest are merely games. -Hemingway

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
                      Anyone have Styx livesets?
                      • Jun 2004

some board members always said you were flamming

(I'll get me coat)

Good luck with it mucker - way to save some damsels in distress!
                      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• KinKyJ
                        Platinum Poser
                        • Jun 2004

Thanks guys, I don't expect it to be Disneyland, but I can't wait to say "Don't worry ma'am, I'll save your pussy"

Speaking of women, I ran the idea by Erzina before I signed up. I mean, I only wanted to do it if she was ok with it (given the risks). The only reaction she had: "Think you can take a uniform home one day and give me a stripshow?" Fucking Alabanians

Comment

• Miguel
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Oct 2005

^^ so you'll be the newby getting ready the bbq and stuff ?

do you have and actual schedule or you just on call ?

Comment

• KinKyJ
                            Platinum Poser
                            • Jun 2004

^^^ I'm usually the one who pisses out the bbq completely drunk

I already know I'll be on call a few nights, but I don't know about the schedule. Going to have to pass some physical tests first. Formality, I'm sure

Comment

• rainman
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Dec 2005

good on ya. always nice to hear people that are able to get into giving back to the community.

i do have a friend that was a fire fighter i used to eat x with quite a bit. the biggest problem with the job is having to stay clean. i have seen this guy eat 4 pills and get called in to actually enter a 3 story building engulfed in flames to search for survivors. dont know about the rest of you, but the last thing i want to see if i am in a building that's ablaze is a fire fighter that's rolling his nuts off! needless to say he no longer a fire fighter.

Comment

Working...