Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Galapidate
    Addiction started
    • Jun 2004

If Bush dumps Cheney and picks up Guliani that'll seal the deal for his exploitation of 9/11. I really hope Bush gets dumped because he's making a fool out of what was such a great country.

Comment

• devon
      Addiction started
      • Jun 2004

Personally I don't think Bush even wants to be reelected. The first time was a fluke and now he's like fuck this this is too much work.
      i really wish the floor would stop moving!

Comment

• neoee
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by acmatos
        Giuliani would be great, but I don't think that Cheney is unpopular or has any mess behind him. Other than for health reasons, Bush should keep Cheney. Anyway, Kerry loses either way. Haliburton is a non-factor, actually a story created by the media.
        I dont think Giuliani is going to get too many votes from the MS crowd (at least not the Twiloites). Its really sad how he went about putting Twilo out of business.
        "They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security." -Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• Galapidate
          Addiction started
          • Jun 2004

Originally posted by neoee
          Originally posted by acmatos
          Giuliani would be great, but I don't think that Cheney is unpopular or has any mess behind him. Other than for health reasons, Bush should keep Cheney. Anyway, Kerry loses either way. Haliburton is a non-factor, actually a story created by the media.
          I dont think Giuliani is going to get too many votes from the MS crowd (at least not the Twiloites). Its really sad how he went about putting Twilo out of business.
          Yes, because the MS community has such a strong influence on elections

Comment

• mylexicon
            Addiction started
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by devon
            never like carter either.

there is no place for religion in american politics. we differ to much individually from each other to have just one religion with that type of influence.
            Yeah but if you make statements like this; that means people who are
            religious can't participate in politics......that creates a bit of a constitutional
            problem.
            Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• Galapidate
              Addiction started
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by mylexicon

there is no place for religion in american politics. we differ to much individually from each other to have just one religion with that type of influence.
              religious can't participate in politics......that creates a bit of a constitutional
              problem.
              It's not that people who are religious can't participate, it's that they can't impose their beliefs on government legislation and require the rest of us to follow them.

Comment

• devon
                Addiction started
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Galapidate

problem.
                It's not that people who are religious can't participate, it's that they can't impose their beliefs on government legislation and require the rest of us to follow them.
                word!

Comment

• phishfood
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jun 2004

all presidents have been protestant (i think) except for jfk and he had to annouce to the american people that the pope does and will not control him, since he was catholic. kerry has said the same since he is also catholic as well.

how can bush not run with cheney again? doesnt cheney run everything anyways? bush should clean out the rest of the cabinet thou; ashcroft, rice, etc.

another rumor i heard is that powell is very opposed to the stance of the others about iraq. too bad there are shady aspects to his past and wife, otherwise he wouldnt have been a bad choice for prez.

Comment

• mixu
                    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by phishfood
                    all presidents have been protestant (i think) except for jfk and he had to annouce to the american people that the pope does and will not control him, since he was catholic. kerry has said the same since he is also catholic as well.

how can bush not run with cheney again? doesnt cheney run everything anyways? bush should clean out the rest of the cabinet thou; ashcroft, rice, etc.

another rumor i heard is that powell is very opposed to the stance of the others about iraq. too bad there are shady aspects to his past and wife, otherwise he wouldnt have been a bad choice for prez.

Yeah, Cheney's pulling the strings on the puppet. And Powell is the only sane head in the administration, therefore he disagrees with them and they think he's liability.
                    Ask me a question...

Comment

• devon
                      Addiction started
                      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by phishfood

im not saying you can't be religious to be president. im saying bush uses his religion in political decisions more then any other president that i know of. it's real scary when you think about it.

cheney is running again, that guiliani rumor is just crap.

Comment

• mylexicon
                        Addiction started
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Galapidate
                        Impossible. Religion is nothing more than a set of morals, the spiritual aspect varies
                        from person to person. The only reson people have been taught to fear it is
                        because religions are notoriously inflexible. Inflexiblity and ideology over
                        pragmatism has a tendency to scare the shit out of most westernized
                        nations because many people believe no progress can be made by observing
                        the methods of the past.

I believe the same thing about imposing one's belief on other people too.
                        People legislate away hunting, they legislate away firearm ownership,
                        and they tax me extra hard for driving a vehicle that gets relatively poor gas
                        milage; and the people who do these things aren't even "religious". No matter
                        what ideology you subscribe to, you believe in controlling other people, unless
                        you are an anarchist.
                        Be a vegan......eat freedom fries..

Comment

• Galapidate
                          Addiction started
                          • Jun 2004

I believe the same thing about imposing one's belief on other people too.
                          People legislate away hunting, they legislate away firearm ownership,
                          and they tax me extra hard for driving a vehicle that gets relatively poor gas
                          milage; and the people who do these things aren't even "religious". No matter
                          what ideology you subscribe to, you believe in controlling other people, unless
                          you are an anarchist.
                          Well, I was talking about legislation that is religion-based or has something to do with religion (i.e. school prayer, gay marriage, abortion, etc.). That kind of stuff should not be decided by religion in the United States, but rather by our democratic form of government. Unfortunately these days, certain leaders use their religious beliefs in these matters, hence why separation of church and state doesn't last long.

Comment

Working...