• Show
Clear All
  • Deviant
    Fresh Peossy
    • Dec 2003

[Toes in the Sand] DownKill - Digital Theory EP

Hear samples here:
    http://www.toesrecordings.com/releases/toes029.shtml

DownKill has been a producer and remixer to watch in 2007, with a storm of releases (both solo and as half of The Scrubz) showcasing a unique sound that expands the boundaries of progressive house. This release is no exception, fusing elements and flavors from across the dance spectrum to form music in a class by itself. DownKill is joined by another rising star, Dynamic Illusion, who contributes his consistenly superlative remix abilities to round out this release.

Charted by DJ Taucher, Raveline Magazine, Germany
    Charted by Dean Facer, United Colors of House

"The tracks are wicked man, an amazing release. Been getting more into the work of DownKill and really enjoying it. I love the digital techyness of Digital Quest with a huge dose of electronic soul and progressive inspiration. Also really into the DI mix of Minor Theory -- a classic thumping progressive beat with pads and synths that would echo around a club like crazy. A real space-filler, sonically and physically. Bang." ? Royal Sapien (Fade, Olaris)

"Super EP...really like Minor Theory of the two...very slick production!!" ? Arjun (Jalabee Cartel)

"The remix from Dynamic Illusion is my favourite. Really in love with this remix!" ? Guillaume Nyckees (Galaxie 95.3 FM France)

"Wow, Dynamic Illusion remix is amazing, really nice prog, originals are awesome too!" ? Pablo Roma

"Minor Theory > freaky deep underground sound, I like the dark break! I prefer the original mix. 8.5/10"
    ? The Mystic Force (Rotationz Radio)

"Superb release and I will certainly be giving this full support starting tonight..... Peaktime thoroughbred house." ? Dean Facer (United Colors of House)

"I like the bass from Digital Quest, and that Dynamic Illusion Remix is good, but my favourite is the original mix of Minor Theory; love it! Congratulations " ? Manu (trancespain.com)

"Really enjoyed Dynamic Illusion remix. Nice atmospheric sounds and sweet mellody! Digital Quest is also good, I like the bassline and rhythm." ? Python (Carica Records)

"Thanks again for some superb music!" ? Stefan (progressive-world.at)

Artwork: Deviant
Working...