X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • threehills
    I heart Lollergirl
    • Jun 2005

MP3 player with winamp

Both my ipods are dead and I am looking to replace them with something cheaper. However, I loved how my ipods easily interfaced with winamp using the MLipod pluging. Are there any non Ipod MP3 players out there that will work with winamp as well as ipods do? I tried a creative zen but that didnt' work (and there original software was crap as well).

Any suggestions?

Edit* Supposedly there is a plug-in bundled with winamp that should allow anyone player to work, but it didn't for me. Probably something I did wrong at my end. But if you have an mp3 player that DOES work with winamp, kindly share what brand it is just so I can use it as a point of reference when deciding what to buy....

currently leaning towards...

Since 1999, we've paid our members over $3.2 Billion in Cash Back. Join now for an extra 10% Cash Back boost. Shop 3,500+ stores using coupons or cash back!
    It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: MP3 player with winamp

Well I haven't tried a non-iPod, but when I plug in anything like a flash drive with Winamp open, it always asks if it's a device I want to manage with Winamp. That player should work, but no guarantee on that.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• threehills
      I heart Lollergirl
      • Jun 2005

Right, I would get that far as well...it would show up in Winamp...just couldn't transfer music to it. It would always fail when I went to transfer tunes.
      It's never too late to become the person you always thought you would be.

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Iriver is a popular alternative to iPod. From what I've read, users think it has good sound (better than iPod?), more features (line-in recording too I think) and most of the models support Microsoft's Play For Sure standard, and Winamp supports that I believe. Portable Device Support in Winamp on the Winamp forum might help you out.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

Yeah the iriver is nice, but the interface sucks. The sound quality is good, pretty much just the same as an ipod. But there is just so much more you can do with an ipod. Most of those "ipod killer" companies made the mistake of not coming out with any new and IMPROVED models, and that is why most are now out of business.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

Working...