X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Gym rant

I've just about had it with the gym I'm currently training at. REALLY.

I'm paying ? 600 per half year to train there. That's effin expensive (the last gym I went to only charged ? 169 per half year), but this one is close to my home and I don't mind paying for quality and extra services...

BUT

Last week Thursday I was doing overhead triceps pulls on the cable pulley (a machine like this), an exercise I do on a regulary basis. When I hooked up 80kgs and started a new set the machine tipped over and fell on my back (total weight 120kgs) because the crappy screws in the floor broke off.

I gave the manager hell about it. If I hadn't held the weight and fell on the ground with the pulley on top of me, I probably would be in the hospital with a serious back injury. Apart from that, locking a machine like that with ordinary screws is just irresponsible. 100.000 apologies of course and a promise that the pulley would be repaired CORRECTLY asap. More than a week later it's still standing there (without the screws) and the manager allows customers to use it while leaving them in the dark about the grave risk of the thing tipping over again.

So two days ago I asked the guy to measure my fat percentage. When I started to train there I weighed 95kgs and had lost most of my muscle volume (got lazy) and since I'm near to "dry" now and my muscle volume is back, I wanted to know how much my fat percentage dropped.

So here goes: I dropped from 95 to 88kgs and gained muscle volume like hell, but my fat percentage dropped ONLY 1,5% according to him and his measures. "That's really weak man, you should work out more and eat more proteins instead of carbs."

I totally lost it at that point. Especially because of the last remark since the tosser heavily promotes his crappy protein diets.

"What the fuck man, do you actually think I'm a complete retard?"
    "Huh? What do you mean?"
    "You've tampered with the results asshole, you only want to get your hands on my money."
    "You're being rude now..."
    "FUCK YOU! I'm being rude? You're insulting my intelligence with your little swindle you fucking thief!"

Can you believe this shit? He charges a shitload of money, doesn't give a damn about accidents with his equipment and tries to trick people with phony test results.

I admit I always try to squeeze every last eurocent out of my own clients, but I don't lie, tamper or fool them. Douchebag

[/rant]
  • MJDub
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jun 2004

Re: Gym rant

EDIT: This link is better http://mowin-down-some-persians.ytmnd.com/

^^^ Do that to the guy.
    http://www.myspace.com/mjdubmusic

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Hg_addict
      Addiction started
      • Dec 2005

Sounds like Roid rage to me....

If you have to room, buy your own stuff. Thats what I did but Im running out of room....

Comment

• floridaorange
        I'm merely a humble butler
        • Dec 2005

old people getting on the treadmill next to me and farting while I'm on mile 4. not cool

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• Lorn
          Looking for a title!
          • Sep 2004

I hate gyms. Work out at home.

Comment

• floridaorange
            I'm merely a humble butler
            • Dec 2005

^Lorn, lol. do you have a sic home gym?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• asdf_admin
              i use to be important
              • Jun 2004

Push Ups. Pulls Ups. Sit Ups. and Sex.
              dead, yet alive.

Comment

• MJDub
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Jun 2004

+1

"Son," he said without preamble, "never trust a man who doesn't drink because he's probably a self-righteous sort, a man who thinks he knows right from wrong all the time. Some of them are good men, but in the name of goodness, they cause most of the suffering in the world. They're the judges, the meddlers. And, son, never trust a man who drinks but refuses to get drunk. They're usually afraid of something deep down inside, either that they're a coward or a fool or mean and violent. You can't trust a man who's afraid of himself. But sometimes, son, you can trust a man who occasionally kneels before a toilet. The chances are that he is learning something about humility and his natural human foolishness, about how to survive himself. It's damned hard for a man to take himself too seriously when he's heaving his guts into a dirty toilet bowl."

Comment

• Morgan
                  Platinum Poster
                  • Jun 2004

Go down the gym and give him a $600 beating, that would build some bulk and make yoiu feel like you have valuve for money,.
                  "Pain is only weakness leaving the body."

Comment

• FM
                    Wooooooo!
                    • Jun 2004

I quit my gym. No need to go. Waste of time getting out there and money. Bought a mat and fitness ball. Small weight bench is next with basic weights. Home gym is easy and so much better.

Then I use This. Great stuff.
                    FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                    "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                    Facebook!
                    A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• MJDub
                      Are you Kidding me??
                      • Jun 2004

^^^ That's good stuff.

I refer to this website: http://www.gymjones.com/index.php

Gym Jones is where the actors and fighters in "300" trained mercilessly. It's basically the Fight Club of gyms.

The "Knowledge" and "Videos" sections are full of all kinds of badass stuff.

Comment

• fisheye
                        Addiction started
                        • Aug 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
                        When I hooked up 80kgs and started a new set the machine tipped over and fell on my back (total weight 120kgs) because the crappy screws in the floor broke off.
                        [/rant]
                        Mate, if you're strong enough to rip out gym equipment from its' moorings you probably don't need to go to the gym.

Find a Hi-NRG night once a week where you live and you'll get you're weekly dose of aerobic exercise.

And for strength training look up some more adventurous positions in the karma sutra and you'll be fine.

Comment

• DIDI
                          Aussie Pest
                          • Nov 2004

Quit the Gym. Get your money back by standing next to the broken piece of equipment and warning everyone that goes to use it.
                          Originally posted by TheVrk
                          it IS incredible isn't it??
                          STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                          Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                          The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

• KinKyJ
                            Platinum Poser
                            • Jun 2004

Oh, I'm so gonna kill the motherfucker now. After the pulley tipped over on my back I've been having back problems. Nothing really serious in my world since I handle pain quite well (I'm sure Yao does too, it comes with the kickboxing I guess), but yesterdat the weather changed (rain, wind, ...) and this morning I could hardly get up when the alarm clock went off. Pain killers aren't working since it feels like it's blocked. AND I WAS GOING TO AN EDM FESTIVAL THIS AFTERNOON!!!! Dognabbit, €45 down the drain

As for everybody saying that I should train at home: you people might be right. Already have a hometrainer, a heavy bag, a bench, dumbells and a barbell with weights at home. I bought a platform speed bag yesterday and I'm planning to buy an all round set up.

After all it's not such a bad idea: I buy my amino acids, HMB, MRP, BCAA 'n' stuff still at my old gym (the current gym doesn't even have creatine drink, effin losers) and more important: Erzina is coming over in Sept, so I don't feel like spending every night at the gym after two years of missing, craving and seeing each other only a few days every two months. Call me a softy, but after having a long distance relationship for two years already, I want to spend some time with her. A home gym is the only solution I can think of...

Comment

• fisheye
                              Addiction started
                              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by KinKyJ
                              Oh, I'm so gonna kill the motherfucker now. After the pulley tipped over on my back I've been having back problems. Nothing really serious in my world since I handle pain quite well (I'm sure Yao does too, it comes with the kickboxing I guess), but yesterdat the weather changed (rain, wind, ...) and this morning I could hardly get up when the alarm clock went off. Pain killers aren't working since it feels like it's blocked. .
                              Here's some professional advice. Sounds like you've strained your lumbar spine.

1) DO NOT even think of sitting on anything low anywhere. i.e. no couches, lounges beanbags etc. Sit on a standard kitchen/dining chair, roll up a towel and place it in the small of your back.

2) DO NOT have a long warm soak in a hot bath. You'll get in alright but will probably need to scream for the neighbours to get you out.

3) DO NOT stay in bed. Keep moving within your comfort zone.

4) Use heat liberally. Whether it's a hot liniment, hot shower, hot water bottle, microwable heat-bag doesn't matter.

5) Take an anti-inflammatory at night before you sleep to assist you in the mornings when you get up.

6) See a physio. (or the Belgian equivalent thereoff) DO NOT see a chiro. You do not need to get your back cracked/manipulated at the moment. That blocked up feeling you describe is muscle spasm. See someone who does massage and other soft tissue techniques.

GOOD LUCK

Comment

Working...