• Jan 2005

Re: Exclusive Interview with Sasha

anyone got a video of thepingpong effect

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

But the difference Ableton has had on Sasha and his playing is nothing short of ... invigorating. I was tuning out on Sasha for years till I heard his early sets when he first jumped onto Ableton (Fundacion and before? Did he do an emix or something that was played on Ableton?), you can almost feel the enthusiasm and glee he has playing with it. I definitely sat up and notice a difference.

Ableton is old news now but hell, Ableton was Sasha's ticket out of mid-life crisis. Of course he's gonna rave about it. Didn't stop the receding hairline though.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Darvin Nokturnal
        Getting warmed up
        • Jan 2007

Yes i recall hearing him perform shortly after getting sorted with his new Ableton rig and custom controller... the guy had a huge grin on his face. And the show was pretty damn impressive to boot.
        Darvin Knorr
        Director/Promoter/DJ
        www.area709.com

Nokturnal
        Zenon Records
        www.zenonrecords.com

Comment

• liquidmesa
          Getting Somewhere
          • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Steve Graham
          youre right, you must not be aware.. I saw him at Glass in Miami at wmc 2006 and watched what was going on.. he is deffo not using ableton to just mix two songs together like some Ableton "djs"
          A LOT of work goes on before and during.. so the fact it sounds like 2 cdj's should be taken as a compliment IMO
          I was at that show to, and I couldnt agree more. . It was an incredable night and the music was right on.

Comment

• Miroslav
            WHOA I can change this!1!
            • Apr 2006

Originally posted by Steve Graham
            youre right, you must not be aware.. I saw him at Glass in Miami at wmc 2006 and watched what was going on.. he is deffo not using ableton to just mix two songs together like some Ableton "djs"
            A LOT of work goes on before and during.. so the fact it sounds like 2 cdj's should be taken as a compliment IMO
            Thank you - this is exactly what my soapbox is all about: if new technology is going to free you of some of the traditional challenges in a live DJ performance setting, then you should stretch yourself to take on new challenges that weren't possible before.

If you're a real DJ, the challenge should always be there. If at the end of the it's real art, it shouldn't ever be getting "easier" through technology.
            mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• Darvin Nokturnal
              Getting warmed up
              • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Miroslav
              If you're a real DJ, the challenge should always be there. If at the end of the it's real art, it shouldn't ever be getting "easier" through technology.
              Very well said my friend.
              Darvin Knorr
              Director/Promoter/DJ
              www.area709.com

Nokturnal
              Zenon Records
              www.zenonrecords.com

Comment

Working...