• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

Bush Calls Meeting on Global Warming

Near the top of the list of "Headlines I Thought I'd Never See."

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. President George W. Bush unveiled plans on Friday for global warming talks next month that will bring together the world's biggest polluters to seek agreement on reducing greenhouse gases.

Under pressure for tougher action against climate change, Bush invited the European Union, the United Nations and 11 industrial and developing countries to the September 27-28 meeting in Washington to work toward setting a long-term goal by 2008 to cut emissions.

Bush was following through on his pledge in late May to convene a series of conferences with economic powers responsible for producing most of the greenhouse gases blamed for global warming.
  • runningman
    Playa I'm a Sooth Saya
    • Jun 2004

Re: Bush Calls Meeting on Global Warming

this is a joke... I hope everybody realizes that this is for the elections...

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA, oh my god that's retarded. Do you think Angela Merkel has made him see the light at the last G8 summit?

Nah, imo this is a strategy to prevent hurting oil interests too much by taking initiative in order to try and influence measures. Or stalling the taking of measures by talking some more.

Comment

• LoUiS
        Platinum Poster
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by runningman
        Definitely! Bush still opposes the 1997 treaty because of the strain he believes the treaty would put on the economy. As you can see global warming is directly associated with economical reasons.
        Don't take life too Seriously!!!

Comment

• KinKyJ
          Platinum Poser
          • Jun 2004

^^^ and the funny thing is that global warming is gonna hurt our economy big time in long term whereas green economy means big bucks (I'm cashing in big time by doing the safety coordination of the contruction of a huge wind farm off the Belgian coast).

So in other words, Bush' logics follows the interests of the oil lobby. Talk about flogging a dead horse eh?

Comment

• tiddles
            Encryption, Jr.
            • Jun 2004

he's all talk anyway...
            WASHINGTON, Aug. 4 ? The House passed a wide-ranging energy bill on Saturday that will require most utilities to produce 15 percent of their electricity from renewable sources like wind and solar power. President Bush has vowed to veto the bill because it does nothing to encourage increased domestic production of oil and gas.

Comment

• emuler
              I'm Ignorant.... so sue me!!
              • May 2007

who cares? i mean when is this guy gonna end his period once and for all seriously.

Comment

• mudo10
                Fresh Peossy
                • Aug 2007

all bush is trying to do is look good towards the end of his presidency but that wont even help him he still is the MAJOR TERRORIST OF THE WORLD

Comment

• floru_cba
                  Fresh Peossy
                  • Jul 2007

Originally posted by runningman

i totaly agree

___ floru*

Comment

• psylucas911
                    Getting Somewhere
                    • Apr 2007

It's the same kind of joke they do when Bush wons his first elections....

An UNTRULY information, that will came trhu by CHEATING
                    www.myspace.com/lucaskoenigg

Comment

• Clodius
                      Fresh Peossy
                      • Jun 2007

how can bush call a meeting on something he doesn't believe in. after all, it's only backed up by those crazy scientist people and those stuborn facts.

Comment

• nick007
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Oct 2007

He's like our minister of health in South Africa that doesn't believe that HIV causes AIDS and prescribes beetroot and sweet potatos as a cure..............arseholes both of them

The largest room in the world, is the room for improvement!

Comment

• 88Mariner
                          My dick is smaller
                          • Nov 2006

perhaps he's just trying to expand government once again.
                          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

Working...