X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gjg21
    Gold Gabber
    • Jul 2004

Re: I am moving to Ohio

unrelenting sprawl with a well deserved reputation for devout conservatism. shall i continue?

Comment

• feather
      Shanghai ooompa loompa
      • Jul 2004

Throw house parties, stream net radio, sit around a bong

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
      a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
      Originally posted by m1sT3rL
      Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• MusicJatt
        Platinum Poster
        • Aug 2004

thanks gig, i was considering living outside the city, i guess im headed towards downtown ...

anybody got any recomendations for music ... old or new and doesn't have to be house ANYTHING ...

Comment

• jeffrey collins
          Not cool enough
          • Jun 2004

those are the only two sites i can think of except for the mailing list boards for the midwest to let you know about what's going on in and around ohio.
          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• chuckc
            DUDERZ get a life!!!
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by rewing3
            I have lived here all my life and for EDM this has to be the worst state to live in.
            i spent 24 years gowing up there and edm was almost non existent....but since ive been gone in '99 it has picked up a bit...for a while there cleveland was getting quite a few up and coming djs: steve porter, steve gerrard, chloe harris, sean g6, randall jones, desyn masiello to name a few, ctown even had sasha / dig @ delty heavy and dig recently.....

Comment

• Miroslav
              WHOA I can change this!1!
              • Apr 2006

I grew up in Columbus, OH and I'm doing grad school there now... Even though it is, well...Ohio...there's some stuff around if you keep your ear to the ground. It won't be big crowds in cool clubs, but you can still meet some good people who know their shit as far as music goes. It all depends a bit of what kind of stuff you're into, but off the top of my head here is the little I know...

www.clevelandnightlife.net
              www.columbusunderground.com

Tek-know? - Groups of guys who do some real minimal stuff at a place called Lime Spider in Akron, as well as some stuff around Cleveland and occasionally Detroit.

Bent Crayon - Up in Cleveland. fi you collect vinyl and are into anything techy, this is one of the best damn stores in the nation. www.bentcrayon.com

Don't know much in Columbus or Cincinnatti, actually...

But you can always head west and go party with my friends in Indy.
              www.lovevinylrecords.com Seth, the guy who runs this online store, does a lot of DJing around the area. His friends run a club over there called Therapy that stays pretty active.
              mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• anonin
                Juvenile Delinquent
                • Oct 2005

your at grad school at ohio state? sweet! hit me up!

Comment

• Miroslav
                  • Apr 2006

^^ yep I am!...will do. I've been gone for the summer bc I've been doing an internship in Miami...I'll be back in about 2 weeks

Comment

• anonin
                    Juvenile Delinquent
                    • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Miroslav
                    ^^ yep I am!...will do. I've been gone for the summer bc I've been doing an internship in Miami...I'll be back in about 2 weeks

cool, i just transferred to osu to study economics and city + regional planning, i'll be living like 10 mins from campus (olentangy commons) and i work in german village and at easton, would be cool to meet up sometime

Comment

• Miroslav
                      • Apr 2006

^^^ yep for sure...it's always good to know some people down for some good music

Speaking of... this will probably kick ass. I would be all over this if I was back home.

See...and they say nothing good happens in Ohio. You've got acts like this coming by! And probably everyone will sleep on it because it's not Kaskade

Comment

• gjg21
                        Gold Gabber
                        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by anonin
                        cool, i just transferred to osu to study economics and city + regional planning,
                        nice. what do you plan to do with it?

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                          Not cool enough
                          • Jun 2004

how do you think most of your new buildings coming up come about. From regional planners getting with the builders and working on how the building should be.

good for you B man.

To let you guys know. i may be spinning at Spice in a couple weeks on Tuesday with my DJ friend Quantum who is also the main resident there.
                          Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                          My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                          My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• anonin
                            Juvenile Delinquent
                            • Oct 2005

Originally posted by gjg21
                            nice. what do you plan to do with it?
                            i'd like to work for an economic development company in a large suburb of a large urban area promoting sustainable/ economically sound growth.

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                            how do you think most of your new buildings coming up come about. From regional planners getting with the builders and working on how the building should be.

good for you B man.

To let you guys know. i may be spinning at Spice in a couple weeks on Tuesday with my DJ friend Quantum who is also the main resident there.
                            went to spice for the first time a few weeks ago for the red planet x fashion show my friend was apart of, gotta say, that place is simply off the fucking chain!, very nice place, great crowd too. I'll def. have to come out and see you play, its been awhile, i don't have your # anymore, pm me!

Comment

• Miroslav
                              • Apr 2006

^^^ If I'm back in town by then I'll show up too...

Comment

• 88Mariner
                                My dick is smaller
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Miroslav
                                I grew up in Columbus, OH and I'm doing grad school there now... Even though it is, well...Ohio...there's some stuff around if you keep your ear to the ground. It won't be big crowds in cool clubs, but you can still meet some good people who know their shit as far as music goes. It all depends a bit of what kind of stuff you're into, but off the top of my head here is the little I know...

www.clevelandnightlife.net
                                www.columbusunderground.com

Tek-know? - Groups of guys who do some real minimal stuff at a place called Lime Spider in Akron, as well as some stuff around Cleveland and occasionally Detroit.

Bent Crayon - Up in Cleveland. fi you collect vinyl and are into anything techy, this is one of the best damn stores in the nation. www.bentcrayon.com

Don't know much in Columbus or Cincinnatti, actually...

But you can always head west and go party with my friends in Indy.
                                www.lovevinylrecords.com Seth, the guy who runs this online store, does a lot of DJing around the area. His friends run a club over there called Therapy that stays pretty active.

1. I thought seth ran evolving records? Did he and Mack split up???
                                2. U.D. law school building is really nice. I almost went there actually.
                                3. Good lucking finding decent music in dayton. I would recomend taking the drive to columbus or cincinnati or indianapolis. All three seem like they've got thier act together on that tip.
                                4. It seems there are now... 'i think'... 4 1L's on this forum.
                                you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

Working...