X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NID
    Addiction started
    • Sep 2008

Re: How Oakenfold discovered ecstacy

Did you look at the video? nothing he did.. giving away free cds, discovering e, saving a thousand starving children etc. justifies that. Proper Twat.. and hes wearing one of those mini Keffiyeh scarf things around his neck too ..cunt.

Comment

• chanty
      John, John, where art thou!
      • Jun 2004

Tell us how you really feel!
      Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• chunky
        Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
        • Jan 2006

Originally posted by NID
        Did you look at the video? nothing he did.. giving away free cds, discovering e, saving a thousand starving children etc. justifies that. Proper Twat.. and hes wearing one of those mini Keffiyeh scarf things around his neck too ..cunt.
        No I didn't look at the video. I've tried it several times a day all weekend and all I get is some woman's voice telling me to wait. Then I've waited and waited and waited and nothing. Fucking hell call a man a cunt for wearing a scarf, does that make Carl Cox a cunt to for his head gear on his Global Underground.

Do you think Sasha is a cunt for gashing some girl in the face with a broken CD, then once he realized what he had done he packed his CD's up and ran away. Or maybe a Twat for them ridiculous trousers he wore on the boat party last year .
        Originally posted by res0nat0r
        OK Lets All Stroke Ron Pauls Cock On 3!

Comment

• coliver1980
          Platinum Poster
          • Aug 2008

To slate Tong and Oakey is completely wrong. What harm have they done the dance scene? None.

What have they done for the dance scene? Alot.

You may not like their music policy now, personally i don't. But to say they are 'cunts' or 'twats' is abit harsh!!

Ok their mixing is not to the standard of John Digweed etc but there has to atleast be one set of theirs especially from late 90's early noughties you like!!

And i agree with Greg, i don't mind the sound of Tong's voice over the EM's. It's what i grew up listening to and what i'm used to.

Comment

• nipper25
            Getting Somewhere
            • May 2007

Originally posted by coliver1980
            To slate Tong and Oakey is completely wrong. What harm have they done the dance scene? None.

What have they done for the dance scene? Alot.

You may not like their music policy now, personally i don't. But to say they are 'cunts' or 'twats' is abit harsh!!

Ok their mixing is not to the standard of John Digweed etc but there has to atleast be one set of theirs especially from late 90's early noughties you like!!

And i agree with Greg, i don't mind the sound of Tong's voice over the EM's. It's what i grew up listening to and what i'm used to.
            Thats exactly what I was trying to say none of us are perfect and people in glass houses shouldnt throw stones ...........lets feel the love and the two gents concerned Mr Tong and Mr Oakenfold we should champione what they have done

Comment

• Highsteppa
              Gold Gabber
              • Feb 2005

The thing I've always admired about Pete Tong and Paul Oakenfold is their ability to identify catchy tunes and some great tracks.

Pete Tong's Essential Selection cd's in the late 90's, early 00's were some quality track selections, and I felt similarly about Oakenfold's efforts as well. I might not like everything they chose, they might have not been top quality mixers, but they managed to select some quality tracks.

For better, for worse, they opened up electronic music to the mainstream and opened the doors for countless others and made the careers in some cases for some of the biggest acts in electronic music.

Comment

• floridaorange
                I'm merely a humble butler
                • Dec 2005

i thought the flow of oakenfolds mixes that is to say the order of the tracks he would select were usually second to none as far as telling an imaginative journey. It's almost like being a master story teller but using music as the medium. Few dj's that I know seem to have mastered this and are usually the ones that tend to rise to the top.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• NID
                  Addiction started
                  • Sep 2008

my wind up seems to have worked.

Anyway, I was not there when the “said” incident happened with sasha. I’ve heard lots of similar stories about all kinds of djs including Oakie that I would not repeat here, because I’m not sure of their veracity.

If you get a chance, see the video and look up clips from his reality show called “The Club.”

Comment

• feather
                    Shanghai ooompa loompa
                    • Jul 2004

/thread.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                    a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                    Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                    Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• chunky
                      Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                      • Jan 2006

Originally posted by floridaorange
                      i thought the flow of oakenfolds mixes that is to say the order of the tracks he would select were usually second to none as far as telling an imaginative journey.
                      Some people call that programming. Not me

Comment

• 88Mariner
                        My dick is smaller
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by feather

/thread.
                        personally thought it sucked.

that includes the Goa mix too.

srs.

come at me, bro
                        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

^ just for fun, what album did you think was really good in 1996, seeing as though Fluro didn't do it for you...

I thought A Voyage Into Trance was brilliant btw.

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

Why did Fluoro suck??

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• chunky
                              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
                              • Jan 2006

I always liked Fluro. I've even got one of the original ones in the nice sleeve. I always felt it gos off a bit towards the end of CD2 with the chilled tracks (Seaman's Ren CD from the same year did the same) I like the original version Oakie did with Led Zeppelin's Stairway To Heaven On It. Shame there wasn't a good version of that floating around.

Comment

Working...