X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DragonFire
    Addiction started
    • Dec 2004

Banned from Pacha ?

I was watching those space ibiza weekly vids and there was this interview with Felix da housecat where he said in the middle that he got banned from pacha and that space was the only place that took him ??!! does anyone know the story behind this ?
    Don't Immitate ... Innovate
  • simonr
    Transitionator
    • Jun 2004

Re: Banned from Pacha ?

For being a shite DJ ?
    sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

+1

Comment

• jeffrey collins
        Not cool enough
        • Jun 2004

no not one +5 for that. I haven't liked him since that one track, What does it feel like....but then i stopped liking that when I found out that miss kitten did the vocals for it....eeek.
        Jeffrey Collins: Painter
        My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
        My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• 88Mariner
          My dick is smaller
          • Nov 2006

the only felix story i've heard involves him chugging a bottle of vodka and raiding a promoter's fridge so he could scarf down mayonaise. Or something similar.
          you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• KinKyJ
            Platinum Poser
            • Jun 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
            no not one +5 for that. I haven't liked him since that one track, What does it feel like....but then i stopped liking that when I found out that miss kitten did the vocals for it....eeek.
            Miss Kittin rocks sk8terboi

Comment

• AntonyM
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Oct 2004

He probably got banned for not being able to beatmatch and trainwrecking every third or fourth track, a dj who really needs ableton.
              Originally posted by Shpira
              So came back last night...
              Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
              Originally posted by Illuminate
              Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
              2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
              3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
              4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• DragonFire
                Addiction started
                • Dec 2004

never heard him dj myself .. was just curious ... but if he's so shitty why does he still get booked ??!
                Don't Immitate ... Innovate

Comment

• KinKyJ
                  Platinum Poser
                  • Jun 2004

Because of the same reason why Guetta still gets booked despite of hauling a case with the same 5 records to every gig for the past 3 years: brand name.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                    Not cool enough
                    • Jun 2004

Originally posted by AntonyM
                    He probably got banned for not being able to beatmatch and trainwrecking every third or fourth track, a dj who really needs ableton.

Thank shouldn't that be happening to many other dj's out there. Anyone for some Oakie?
                    Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                    My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                    My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• simonr
                      Transitionator
                      • Jun 2004

At least Oakie could work a room and build a set - those 1999 EM World Tours are legendary ... Felix is only famous for wearing goofie glasses and having a silly name.
                      sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• ganjamo
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Jan 2006

Yeh i saw him a few months ago and it was a really bad show. He had too many vodkas and could not mix anything right, it was a total mess... messed with the volume alot. And as always since most of the people cant notice bad mixes the party kept going. Lucky me Luke Fair was playing on the other tent .
                        Dont panic, its organic.

Comment

• Life on Other Planets AKA Johns
                          Are you Kidding me??
                          • Oct 2005

I met him once when i was going records shopping at my local store, complete TWAT that thinks he is all that..

Comment

• rainman
                            Platinum Poster
                            • Dec 2005

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                            How can you not like miss kitten?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeIFGRrkcBg[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

• rainman
                              Platinum Poster
                              • Dec 2005

I would like to apologize to anyone that actually watches the video in my post above. My deepest apologies.

Comment

Working...