X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mazi
    Gold Gabber
    • Oct 2006

so,are you voting for djmag top 100 ?!

the results are sooo shity that one must think why bother. i mean if we are the the edm audiance then why are the results so fucked up!
    breath deep
  • Huggie Smiles
    Anyone have Styx livesets?
    • Jun 2004

Re: so,are you voting for djmag top 100 ?!

Originally posted by mazi
    the results are sooo shity that one must think why bother.
    The last 2 US elections?
    ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• Miroslav
      WHOA I can change this!1!
      • Apr 2006

yeah let me guess.... PVD...Tiesto, I'm sure...DJ Dan...maybe ATB!

woo fucking hoo.
      mixes: www.waxdj.com/miroslav

Comment

• feather
        Shanghai ooompa loompa
        • Jul 2004

Yeah agreed, voting in the Top 100 is like going through the motions without seeing any effect. Not gonna bother.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
        a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
        Originally posted by m1sT3rL
        Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
          Anyone have Styx livesets?
          • Jun 2004

its just a vote - the same pattern of results would happen if you asked people to vote for best band - all the american idol types would be near the top and the radioheads and modest mouse types would be nowhere close.

vote by buying the cds and going to the gigs of the djs you like.
          ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• chanty
            John, John, where art thou!
            • Jun 2004

I'll still vote. Every bit helps to get Sasha or Digweed closer to the top.
            Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• lilsensa
              DUDERZ get a life!!!
              • Jun 2004

It's a popularity contest....Think about it..The reason we like what we like is because it's underground, or not so mainstream...The reason the trance dj's are up in the top slots is because the mainstream/majority are voting for them...Think about it, do we really want our favorite dj's winning top slot, thus becoming mainstream?? I don't.....Maybe my head is up my ass on this one, but it makes sense to me..Also, at the end of the day, these polls mean nothing to me...
              RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• rewing3
                I really don't care
                • Jun 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
                It's a popularity contest....Think about it..The reason we like what we like is because it's underground, or not so mainstream...The reason the trance dj's are up in the top slots is because the mainstream/majority are voting for them...Think about it, do we really want our favorite dj's winning top slot, thus becoming mainstream?? I don't.....Maybe my head is up my ass on this one, but it makes sense to me..Also, at the end of the day, these polls mean nothing to me...
                That is so true. But I have a feeling that a minimal dj might win this yr. Trance recently has went to the far side of things. Even the old trance djs mix put minimal into there sets. I would like sasha or digweed to win the #1 spot again but in a way I don't want them to win either. I say just get rid of the whole top 100 in general. Lets start judging djs on the basics again.
                Common Sense is not Common at all.

Comment

• tiddles
                  Encryption, Jr.
                  • Jun 2004

i usually vote just to kill time when i should be working

Comment

• alexfish333
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jul 2004

everyone should vote
                    it's wack that the people in this forum who know what they're talking about are apathetic about it and all the e-tards and k-heads (around the world) go pass around a laptop to get people voting and ...alas-retarded people win
                    Holosound@Vertigo in Costa Rica Streaming Video and Audio http://livestream.com/urbanettv/vide...8-c5911280cf91

Part of the weekend never dies...

Comment

• Troklo
                      Platinum Poster
                      • Jun 2004

I'll vote . I hope a minimal dj takes it this year specialy Hawtin he's my #1 dj.
                      Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• |Thrax|
                        Platinum Poster
                        • Mar 2007

i vote for the dj's that owned me that particular year.. thats why its a yearly poll..

if everyone votes for their OMFG#1DJ then we get 999999 votes for fucking tiestocicles

my top 5 went:

hernan
                        martin garcia
                        satoshi
                        sasha
                        diggers

since its a 5 point system
                        This is the voice from planet love. Have no fear we are your friends. To bring peace and love to your world, we are sending you our very special agent. Her name is love love love...

-Chris
                        Myspace::Facebook:: NIGHTMOVES.ME nightlife+lifestyle photography

Comment

• Kamal
                          Administrator
                          • May 2002

we should start a massive [ms] polling system I reckon.
                          www.mjwebhosting.com

Jib says:
                          he isnt worth the water that splashes up into your asshole while you're shitting
                          Originally posted by ace_dl
                          Guys and Gals, I have to hurry/leaving for short-term vacations.
                          I won't be back until next Tuesday, so if Get Carter is the correct answer, I would appreciate of someone else posts a new cap for me

Comment

• lucid
                            Fresh Peossy
                            • Jan 2006

Originally posted by rewing3
                            That is so true. But I have a feeling that a minimal dj might win this yr. Trance recently has went to the far side of things. Even the old trance djs mix put minimal into there sets. I would like sasha or digweed to win the #1 spot again but in a way I don't want them to win either. I say just get rid of the whole top 100 in general. Lets start judging djs on the basics again.
                            i highly doubt that a "minimal" DJ would take first place. the big trance & house guys who have been around for years are still the "pop-stars" of the EDM world and they're the ones who are going to get the most votes (well, them plus whoever sends out the most spam and rallies up their fans to vote). even if they play "minimal" tracks, that doesn't say much. all they're doing is incorporating the newest trendy sub-genre hits into their sets.

granted i don't listen to much minimal, or whatever is being considered minimal these days (hence the quotes in my first paragraph).. but i honestly can't think of any DJs in that genre who are mainstream enough to garner enough votes to even break into the top 10. i always associate that specific genre of music with being a bit more elitist and underground, even taking into account its recent trendiness surge in the EDM scene in general.

Comment

• simonr
                              Transitionator
                              • Jun 2004

Now that Dj's have links from their websites the ones with high hit rates probably generate tons of votes - unfortunately that tends to be in the trance arena. Also votes get dispersed amongst many other DJ's. I'd prefer to vote for underestimated DJ's such as Garcia, however he's unlikely to get many votes. It'd be nice for Hernan to get the recognition he deserves for being such a nice guy and one of the most reliable for turning up on time. His radio shows and Renaissance CD's have been of a consistent high quality.
                              sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

Working...