X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lobotomy Records
    Fresh Peossy
    • Aug 2005

The Creative Itch Contest

We are very excited to announce a milestone release from Lobotomy Records, the full-length artist album from Warm Art-famed Rob Dowell. 'The Creative Itch' (an aptly named debut LP from one of the world's most discerning musicians) presents many incarnations of provocative music from a very provocative mind. "I want to create re-human emotion by taking what we feel inside and making it audible." That's easier said than done. But with this release, he is one step closer to bringing his unique interpretations outside of his head for all of us to enjoy.

Intelligent soundscapes so tastefully intertwined with broken rhythmical noise, a wide range of bpms and diversity of emotive textures, 'The Creative Itch' makes you pay attention. This kind of seemingly tangible auditory experience hypnotizes your senses and sends rushes of emotion through your soul and your skull.

The list of artists involved in this project is like a who's who of electronic technological music: Eidolon & Enemy Record's Dustin Zahn (The Attack People), Stryke, Habersham & Rift (The Ones With Many Faces), Jesse Somfay, Fine Cut Bodies, Bill Bless & Killowatts's outfit Skeetaz, and Speculum. So yeah, heavy hitters, and believe me, Lobotomy intends to hit heavy.

The release of the unmixed original album is set for early October, with the mixed version floating around various international radio and online outlets.

The lead single "I Could Be Wrong," featuring remixes from Eidolon, The Ones With Many Faces, Jesse Somfay and Speculum will be released September 10th 2007.

The second single, "Stick Figures," featuring remixes from Eidolon, Dustin Zahn, Fine Cut Bodies, Skeetaz (Bil Bless and Kilowatts) and Stryke, is sure to drop the bomb on you October 8th.

Expect to see a remix EP of the more abstract numbers featuring remixes from Rift, Habersham, Ominous Cloud, Mimic and many more just a little ways down the line.

Heavy.

www.LobotomyRecords.com

Catch these two on the radio or in your city on THE CREATIVE ITCH tour:

ROB DOWELL:
    Oct 3rd: Warm Art on Proton www.Protonradio.com
    Oct 18th: Descent @ The Mark *ALBUM RELEASE PARTY* ATLANTA
    Oct 20th: Triple J Mix Up AUSTRALIA
    Oct 27th: Blueprint on Proton www.Protonradio.com
    Oct 27th: Freeform @ Mid-City Cafe ATLANTA
    Oct ----- Global Scum Radio GERMANY & TURKEY

HABERSHAM:
    Sept 8th: E.B. & Lobotomy pres. CONFECTION MINNEAPOLIS

Oct 3rd: Warm Art on Proton www.Protonradio.com
    Oct 18th: Descent @ The Mark---*ALBUM RELEASE PARTY*--ATLANTA
    Oct 20th: Triple J Mix Up AUSTRALIA
    Oct 27th: Blueprint on Proton www.Protonradio.com
    Oct ----- Global Scum Radio GERMANY & TURKEY
  • Lobotomy Records
    Fresh Peossy
    • Aug 2005

Re: The Creative Itch Contest

In anticipation of the forthcoming debut album by Atlanta's Rob Dowell, Lobotomy Records is giving away an advance digital copy of the album and a official Lobotomy Records t-shirt. To enter please email contest@lobotomyrecords.com with the answer to this question. We will randomly select a winner on September 1st.

"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a _________________ .

a) degree in gastronomy
    b) sideways colonoscopy
    c) frontal lobotomy
    d) life of polygamy

**Upon entering you grant Lobotomy Records the right to add your email address to our newsletter. We will not sell your email address to anyone else.

Comment

• KinKyJ
      Platinum Poser
      • Jun 2004

Re: The Creative Itch Contest

Creative itch... that sounds like syphilis with a paint brush to me... nvm me, had a day from cuntville.

Comment

Working...