X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Taking the "long distance" out of my relationship

Summer 2005: yours kinky was a happy single on a mission... Fuck everything with a heartbeat during a 10 day holiday in Kusadasi, Turkey. That didn't work out like I had planned as I ran into the love of my life during my first night out there.

Since then Erzina and me have had a long distance relationship 1.500 kms apart (in bird flight). If it weren't for the internet and my budget allowing me to spend 1K on phone bills per month and 300 to 500 euro on plane tickets to fly over to the other side of Europe every two months, we wouldn't have made it this far.

Summer 2007: the paperwork to get her into the EU is almost done. The procedure to get a student visum will take too long since she has to be here on Sept 24 to start her preparatory one-year Dutch programme at the Uni of Antwerp (she has to follow this post academic training in order to be accepted for a master in strategic communication). But we're starting a procedure for a tourist visum which will be mutated to a student visum when she gets here. That will get her in Belgium on time (Sept 15).

I can't express how thrilled I am that we're finally going to be together. Not only because of the constant missing and the shitloads of money I've spent, but also (an maybe above all) because we've managed to overcome all the prejudices our friends and our parents had. For those who know the story, her parents still won't have anything to do with me, but they've stopped making threats to Erzina.

Anyways, after an era of shitty relationships (read: complete disasters) and other crap I feel like I've finally arrived at a new chapter in my life. My business is booming, I'm clean as a whistle and fit like a tit and finally the only person who can put up with my fugly personality will be waking up next to me in less than 25 days. The pieces of the puzzle are finally coming together.

Btw, the marriage is set for Summer 2009
  • DancingQueen
    AVB FanClub | President
    • Oct 2005

Re: Taking the "long distance" out of my relationship

Awe kinky, you are too cute!
    I am so glad that you two have been able to stick together through all the hardships, and I wish you both nothing but the best

*hugs*
    sigpic
    RIP Steve "Jibs" James - Your footprint is forever on my soul and in my heart xoxo
    RIP Jeff Shewchuk aka DJ Jeff Taylor (day_for_night) - You will live on in my heart forever xoxo

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain.

Comment

• Hg_addict
      Addiction started
      • Dec 2005

Thats great man, I wish you and her all the luck.

Hopefully it wont interfere with you posting in the "sexy time" thread!

Comment

• 88Mariner
        My dick is smaller
        • Nov 2006

I've just accomplished the same. 800 miles apart for two years. Her parents won't have anything to do with me. But we're now just down the street from each other as we go through grad school. And I know the feeling spending all that money. But in the end, it was always well worth it. Good to hear things are working out for you!
        you could put an Emfire release on for 2 minutes and you would be a sleep before it finishes - Chunky

it's RA. they'd blow their load all over some stupid 20 minute loop of a snare if it had a quirky flange setting. - Tiddles

Am I somewhere....in the corners of your mind....

----PEACE-----

Comment

• Jenks
          I'm kind of a big deal.
          • Jun 2004

sick work dude!

Comment

• feather
            Shanghai ooompa loompa
            • Jul 2004

Congrats mate!

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• res0nat0r
              Someone MARRY ME!! LOL
              • May 2006

congrats man, too bad i didnt get to meet her too when i was over there visiting, this is why you guys should come to the u.s. sometime. congrats!

Comment

• FM
                Wooooooo!
                • Jun 2004

well we'll know what's up when you're hardly on here...
                FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
                "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
                Facebook!
                A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

• BureOne
                  Are you Kidding me??
                  • Jun 2004

^ haha

congrats man.

Comment

• arielus
                    He's back, in Pog form
                    • Jun 2004

congrats!!!
                    i wish the best of luck for both of you
                    http://www.myspace.com/hernancattaneo
                    http://www.facebook.com/hernancattaneo
                    http://www.soundcloud.com/hernancattaneo

Comment

• lmmadic
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jun 2004

very nice, I know what paperwork is in Belgium so good luck with that, getting married is gonna make that alot easier imo. Is that why you get married? anyways good for you everything is working out now.
                      sigpic

Education is a better safeguard of liberty than a standing army. Edward Everett

Comment

• KinKyJ
                        Platinum Poser
                        • Jun 2004

Thanks guys & girl

@ 88Mariner: it is worth it indeed. And as for the inlaws, personally I find it quite humiliating in my case (there isn't a single Albanian guy who can give her what I'm giving her, muslim or not) and it breaks my heart that they're making her chose between them and me, but in the end our hapiness comes before their approval. So to say it very eloquently: FUCK THAT SHIT! Just motivates me more to be everything I can be for her

@ Immadic: the paperwork is a bitch, really it is. When you're a EU citizen, you can do just about anything, but when you're trying to get into the EU, it's like storming a 40ft wall.

As for getting married: her student visum will become void after she has completed her master degree, so it's either getting married or seeing your woman being deported back to her country. I'm so looking forward to the procedure before the marriage: interogations by the immigration police, civil servants going through your personal life, even checking out your bed to check you're sleeping together. It's great to get the Gestapo treatment as a tax payer because you're pretty much automatically a suspect when you get married to a non EU citizen here.

And in the mean time illigal immigrants are in a comfy position when they have children. I mean, it's inhumane to toss out kids who have lived here for a couple of years, right? (see those equadorians a few weeks ago here).

But hey, it's all worth it in the end

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                          • Jun 2004

Congratulations matey. I wish you nothing but happiness for the future.

My story reads similar to yours. February this year I met an amazing girl, everything is perfect except she's 7500kms away! In under 3 weeks time I will be making my third trip back to see her. It leaves no money for me to go out and piss it up anymore, but it's a small price to pay. I'm going through scenarios in my head day after day to make life easier but haven't settled on something yet.

Anyway, this thread is all about you. Really happy for you mate, it's going to be the best feeling having her wake up to you each morning after such a wait.
                          "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• KinKyJ
                            Platinum Poser
                            • Jun 2004

Yeap, the cost side is a bitch, but the good thing about long distance relationships is that you get to know each other faster than with a normal relationship. I mean, when you only have e-mail/msn/phone as regulary contact, you talk more than when you have someone you see on a weekly basis. Plus you start stress testing the relationship earlier since you have this thought in your head that it's all great 'n' shit, but "We'll see how far we'll get, I'm not gonna pretend to be better than I am. With the effort and money going into it, I'd rather know sooner than later if this situation won't work out."

At least that's my experience.

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                              • Jun 2004

Haha yep, I know what you mean. Trust was a tiny issue early on for both of us but we proved ourselves to each other early on and now it never crosses the mind. Especially when you talk every night you know exactly what is going on anyway

The money is really nothing and I have no doubt about it being worth it.
                              "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

Working...