X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mixu
    Travel Guru Extraordinaire
    • Jun 2004

Sasha launches new label...Emfire

Sasha launches brand new label – Emfire…

Sasha is delighted to announce the launch of a brand new label. Titled Emfire, the imprint will be an exclusive outlet for his own material, which has been co-produced with his renowned collective – Charlie May, Duncan Forbes and Barry Jamieson, aka COMA, a pseudonym that also provides the title for the first release. “It’s been exciting getting back in the studio again after a hiatus. I am looking forward to using this new imprint as a vehicle to release my own music as well as signing great forward thinking music from other producers.”

The label will focus on digital and vinyl and feature a strong, continuous graphic foundation; running from release to release, a colour-coded, graded spectrum will marry to a numeric sequence. Insect, best known for their recent work with Banksy, are handling the art direction, “We want it to be simple, beautiful and collectable, particularly in terms of the vinyl,” expands Sasha.

True to his word, 3 forthcoming Sasha tracks will be released as a limited, one-sided ‘etched’ 12” and across all good digital servers on a monthly basis, starting with the aforementioned ‘Coma’ in October. Stay tuned to djsasha.com for further information…

Sasha – Coma is out on emFire in October
    Ask me a question...
  • Jenks
    I'm kind of a big deal.
    • Jun 2004

Re: Sasha launches new label...Emfire

EmDud

Comment

• tiddles
      Encryption, Jr.
      • Jun 2004

great, a label that releases tunes every 4-5 years

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
        Anyone have Styx livesets?
        • Jun 2004

whats the difference between an Imprint and a label?
        ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• mazi
          Gold Gabber
          • Oct 2006

whatsup with the negativity ?!! ; )
          i think its about time. he is in a different stage in life, u cant dj forever.
          im looking forward to their releases, lets see how well it will compete with some other giants out there.
          breath deep

Comment

• massivejack
            Fresh Peossy
            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by mazi
            whatsup with the negativity ?!! ; )
            im looking forward to their releases, lets see how well it will compete with some other giants out there.
            Exactly, also they deserve credit for not dropping the vinyl - go sasha! (if only he'd actually use them to play out )

Comment

• lucid
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jan 2006

Originally posted by mixu
              The label will focus on digital and vinyl and feature a strong, continuous graphic foundation; running from release to release, a colour-coded, graded spectrum will marry to a numeric sequence. Insect, best known for their recent work with Banksy, are handling the art direction, ?We want it to be simple, beautiful and collectable, particularly in terms of the vinyl,? expands Sasha.
              that should be pretty cool.

Comment

• jeffrey collins
                Not cool enough
                • Jun 2004

I'm looking forward to this. Should be interesting. But what's with the serious graphic intent of the label. I'd like to see more of that before I make up my mind on their graphic side.

Way to go Sasha, putting your own label out there. That's a big step for him.
                Jeffrey Collins: Painter
                My Painting Blog

http://soundcloud.com/jeffreycollins
                My Soundcloud page.

Comment

• jarble187
                  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
                  • Sep 2004

Label name reminds me of Cass' Open Fire
                  Push the envelope, watch it bend.

www.kansascitytechno.com

Wakarusa Dj Winter Classic Mix Submission Feb 2011

Comment

• fisheye
                    Addiction started
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jeffrey collins
                    Way to go Sasha, putting your own label out there. That's a big step for him.
                    Sasha already had his own label in the late '90s called Excession (not to be confused with Excession Agency) on which he released his Darren Emerson co-production Scorchio. He also had a few other releases which he liked to bang out when DJ'ing like Morgan King - I'm free and Voices of Kwahn- Ya Yaeo Ya Yo. I think it only released around 10 titles and is now defunct (obviously).

Comment

• AntonyM
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Oct 2004

Why not
                      It's not like everyone here
                      won't be raving about the releases
                      in the next couple of month
                      praising the return of the dance messiah
                      so slag him now
                      then change your mind later
                      no one will notice or care.
                      Originally posted by Shpira
                      So came back last night...
                      Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                      Originally posted by Illuminate
                      Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                      2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                      3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                      4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• SyntaxTerror
                        • Jun 2004

Thanks for the haiku
                        But calling Sasha
                        The dance messiah?!?
                        Double You Tee Eff
                        "If not for Josh Wink, Sasha wouldn't own any Acid except for the paper stuff he dopes chicks with at clubs." - Jenks, 2004

Comment

• anonin
                          Juvenile Delinquent
                          • Oct 2005

Comment

• simonr
                            Transitionator
                            • Jun 2004

At least he's coming up with some output ... not sure how long it will last though !
                            sigpicSimonR

This release was mastered direct from vinyl at the request of the DJ and as such features natural sound characteristics of this medium such as record surface noise.

Comment

• feather
                              Shanghai ooompa loompa
                              • Jul 2004

Maybe Spooky will be releasing stuff on it as well? I can't imagine the label surviving if it's relying on Sasha's output.

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                              a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                              Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                              Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

Working...