X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • toasty
    Sir Toastiness
    • Jun 2004

All The President's Spin

I just started reading this book, brought to you by the folks at Spinsanity.com, and would highly recommend it to anyone interested in an objective analysis of how the Bush administration has merged and perfected various strategies used by previous presidents to control and manipulate the press coverage they receive and the message that emanates from the White House.

The book does not criticize Bush's policies, but is critical of the way these policies are developed and furthered through manipulation of language that is misleading or deceptive without lying outright. Lest you think this is a liberal Bush-bashing affair, take a look at their website ( www.spinsanity.com ) and you'll note that they dish out the criticism for misleading claims pretty liberally on all sides.

I have to admit, as I'm reading it, I've developed a begruding respect for the job Bush is doing from an electioneering standpoint, and it worries me going forward, because Kerry is obviously not as good at developing and hammering home his message. I still think Bush is a complete fuck, but that's a discussion for another day.

Anyone interested in the interaction between the Pres and the press and the way policies are conveyed to the masses ought to consider giving this a read. You conservatives out there will be able to smirk and smile at the way Bush manages to avoid getting himself wrapped up in the scandals that at times surround him, and it will energize you liberals to get out and get this fucker out of office.

Anyone else read it/have any thoughts?
  • dirtykarma
    Fresh Peossy
    • Jul 2004

Re

going to pick it up today and post my thoughts on here later on. thanks for the info.

Comment

• neur0t0xin64
      Getting Somewhere
      • Jun 2004

Re: All The President's Spin

sounds like a good read....in a democracy we have to completely understand the spin of the information we're fed

nevertheless W in 'o4
      "In case of doubt, attack." --- Gen. George Patton

Comment

Working...