X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jay2000
    Fresh Peossy
    • Aug 2007

Tehran to host summit of Caspian nations Oct.18

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad announced Wednesday that a summit of the five Caspian nations will be held on October 18 in Tehran. The announcement followed the president?s two-day visit to Azerbaijan, where President Ilkham Aliyev accepted an invitation to the summit. The other three Caspian littoral states are Kazakhstan, Russia and Turkmenistan.The Tehran Times newspaper earlier reported that Ahmadinejad, who has visited ex-Soviet countries Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan in the past week, had also invited Russian President Vladimir Putin to the summit. The Iranian leader met with Putin in Kyrgyz capital Bishkek at an August 16 summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO), in which Iran has observer status. On Jun

• KinKyJ
    Platinum Poser
    • Jun 2004

Re: Tehran to host summit of Caspian nations Oct.18

To be expected. Putin has been using energy as a weapon for years now. Not to mention the OPEC.

One extra reason to invest in wind farms and solar energy: let 'em rot in their underdeveloped part of the world.

Comment

• FM
      Wooooooo!
      • Jun 2004

Re: Tehran to host summit of Caspian nations Oct.18

Do what this guy does and you're all set

(article fails to mention all in all he spent nearly $100K on the panels...still though it pays for itself in ~20 years, as I'm sure many families like living in their homes pretty long-term)

A California family is sharing the secret of how they cut their whopping $700 electric bill down to just 15 bucks.

The Keating's pool is one of the big green changes the family made. Solar panels now heat the pool. Water is pumped to the flat panels on the roof, then pushed back through tiny tubes.

Solar expert Graham Owen installed them.

"It's almost the equivalent of the garden hose sitting in your yard. Turn on the faucet and hot water comes out," Owen explained.

The Keatings also put solar powered lights outdoors and swapped 60-watt bulbs in the chandelier for 2-watt bulbs.

The biggest change is on the roof. Fifty solar panels turn the sun's energy into electricity.

They're creating so much energy during the day their meter actually spins backwards.

"I couldn't stop myself from going out and watching it spinning. I like gadgetry, so it's the world's biggest gadget," said Kevin Keating.

They're putting electricity back into the system and getting credit for it from their energy provider.

Last year's bill for May and June was $730. This year, it was only $15.

The California Energy Commission says 28,000 homes in the state are now solar, and more are on the way.

Solar roof panels for an average home cost about $36,000. Solar panels for the pool are about $5,000.

Financial incentives vary depending on your energy provider.
      FM

"Nowadays everyone is a fucking DJ." - Jack Dangers

What record did you loose your virginity to?
      "I don't like having sex with music on- I find it distracting. And if it's a mix cd- forget it. I'm stopping to check the beat mixing in between tracks." - Tom Stephan

Download/Listen To My Mixes
      Facebook!
      A Journey Into Sound On MCast

Satisfaction guaranteed, or double your music back.

Comment

Working...