X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BarneyIllfingas
    Gold Gabber
    • Jun 2004

Holosound press for EXPOSED

Tomorrow bringthebeats hosts out first guests for the new weekly we're involved in at The Mod Club Theatre here in Toronto.

We've managed to score a couple wicked pieces in two very respected Canadian publications. Please check them out...

Nocturnal Magazine.net Interview with Holosound

Eye Weekly DJ Spotlight: Holosound

And for more information visit the Canada event listings.

Hope to see some from the board out to support. It's a really awesome space and the vibe at last week's Grand Opening was incredible.

gD.
    WHAT'S GOING DOWN
    IN OUR UNDERGROUND
    bringthebeats
  • chanty
    John, John, where art thou!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Holosound press for EXPOSED

I'll be there with bells on!!
    Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• Huggie Smiles
      Anyone have Styx livesets?
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by BarneyIllfingas

Nice ad for [MS] - yay!!

(Vince Vaughn to play Alex in the movie of his life. What the...!!)
      ....Freak in the morning, Freak in the evening, aint no other Freak like me thats breathing....

Comment

• alexfish333
        Gold Gabber
        • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Huggie Smiles
        Nice ad for [MS] - yay!!

(Vince Vaughn to play Alex in the movie of his life. What the...!!)

I was getting a catscan of my left wrist (which is broken in two places it seems) and had to do that interview on my blackberry in 30 min in the doctor's office plastered with "please turn off all cell phones" signs-gimme more time and I'm sure I could come up with something better-lol
        Holosound@Vertigo in Costa Rica Streaming Video and Audio http://livestream.com/urbanettv/vide...8-c5911280cf91

Part of the weekend never dies...

Comment

• TomTom
          Paging Doctor Weeds...we have a shortage on 1st St.
          • May 2002

Thanks for the plug, Alex and all the best for the new night to you, Noah and Gregor but one question..I can't recall to have heard one Electro track at all in your mixes so far..not even close to it. Are you playing Electro tracks when you DJ live but you don't do it in promo mixes?

Comment

• alexfish333
            Gold Gabber
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by TomTom
            Thanks for the plug, Alex and all the best for the new night to you, Noah and Gregor but one question..I can't recall to have heard one Electro track at all in your mixes so far..not even close to it. Are you playing Electro tracks when you DJ live but you don't do it in promo mixes?

Well our live sets are usually significantly more electro-y and peak time-ish than the promos because what works well at 2:30am isn't always what you're interested in hearing in the car or at an afterparty or whatnot. It's also far too common imho for DJs who play certain electro tracks to string them together with little regard for programming a journey and what you get is a generic unemotional trip down BOMB lane with stormer after stormer. We're most likely going to record Toronto so maybe we can post that to give a more comprehensive idea of our sound.......

And hell yes we rep MS whenever possible ;-)
            Holosound@Vertigo in Costa Rica Streaming Video and Audio http://livestream.com/urbanettv/vide...8-c5911280cf91

Comment

• chanty
              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by alexfish333
              I was getting a catscan of my left wrist (which is broken in two places it seems) and had to do that interview on my blackberry in 30 min in the doctor's office plastered with "please turn off all cell phones" signs-gimme more time and I'm sure I could come up with something better-lol
              Damn, that's painfull. How'd you manage that? Hope you're feeling alright and able to do your magic tonight!! See you on the flip side!!
              Awww...I didn't mean A holes, as in "A holes"...I meant it like, as in, my friends....

Comment

• alexfish333
                Gold Gabber
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chanty
                Damn, that's painfull. How'd you manage that? Hope you're feeling alright and able to do your magic tonight!! See you on the flip side!!

Hey bro, well there are cooler things to do than break your wrist longboarding home from the Daft Punk Afterparty at 4:30 am in the rain but all in all it's not that bad-it's only my wrist they've put in a cast and not the whole elbow as I had feared. I didn't go to hospital for 5 days after it happened because I needed to play CITRIC the following evening and was so scared they were going to put it ina "L" shaped cast which would have made for significantly more trouble in the mixing category. Noah and I played gimp style at Le Souk this tuesday and things seem to be in as good working order as they could be-we're super pumped and just a little concerned about flight delays etc........

Comment

• chanty
                  • Jun 2004

Originally posted by alexfish333
                  Hey bro, well there are cooler things to do than break your wrist longboarding home from the Daft Punk Afterparty at 4:30 am in the rain but all in all it's not that bad-it's only my wrist they've put in a cast and not the whole elbow as I had feared. I didn't go to hospital for 5 days after it happened because I needed to play CITRIC the following evening and was so scared they were going to put it ina "L" shaped cast which would have made for significantly more trouble in the mixing category. Noah and I played gimp style at Le Souk this tuesday and things seem to be in as good working order as they could be-we're super pumped and just a little concerned about flight delays etc........

That's a "Hey Sista"! Ages ago I broke my wrist rollerskating at the rink. Miss those disco ball daze. I can't believe you waited 5 days to go to the hospital, I remember being in agony and it was only a hairline crack.
                  I have the faith that the flight will get you here on time. There's no other choice! ;-

Comment

• chanty
                    • Jun 2004

I had such a fantastic time! The warm up d.j's did a great job getting everyone going and priming us up for Holosound. Unfortunately their flight was delayed so they got on the decks around 2am and went 'till about 4:30am (I think ) Their set was def a great one and my feet were killing me the next day!!! Can't wait for their return!!
                    Congrats to Gregor and his team for throwing such a great party and I'm so happy its a weekly event!

Nice to briefly meet you Alex! Looking forward to the next time!

Comment

• alexfish333
                      Gold Gabber
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by chanty
                      I had such a fantastic time! The warm up d.j's did a great job getting everyone going and priming us up for Holosound. Unfortunately their flight was delayed so they got on the decks around 2am and went 'till about 4:30am (I think ) Their set was def a great one and my feet were killing me the next day!!! Can't wait for their return!!
                      Congrats to Gregor and his team for throwing such a great party and I'm so happy its a weekly event!

Nice to briefly meet you Alex! Looking forward to the next time!

Nice to meet you too! Great night overall-next time you should come to the afterparty-it was a dirty tech house marathon!

until next time.....

Comment

• chanty
                        • Jun 2004

Would have loved to come to the after party but I had to be at work at 10am on Saturday. I was already mildly hungover and tired at work.

Comment

Working...