Clear All
  • lilsensa
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Atlanta trying to ban baggy pants.

Atlanta Considers Banning Baggy Pants

By Associated Press

2 hours agoUPDATED 1 HOUR 23 MINUTES AGO
    ATLANTA - Baggy pants that show boxer shorts or thongs would be illegal under a proposed amendment to Atlanta's indecency laws.
    The amendment, sponsored by city councilman C.T. Martin, states that sagging pants are an "epidemic" that is becoming a "major concern" around the country.
    "Little children see it and want to adopt it, thinking it's the in thing," Martin said Wednesday. "I don't want young people thinking that half-dressing is the way to go. I want them to think about their future."
    The proposed ordinance would also bar women from showing the strap of a thong beneath their pants. They would also be prohibited from wearing jogging bras in public or show a bra strap, said Debbie Seagraves, executive director of the American Civil Liberties Union of Georgia.
    The proposed ordinance states that "the indecent exposure of his or her undergarments" would be unlawful in a public place. It would go in the same portion of the city code that outlaws sex in public and the exposure or fondling of genitals.
    The penalty would be a fine in an amount to be determined, Martin said.
    But Seagraves said any legislation that creates a dress code would not survive a court challenge. She said the law could not be enforced in a nondiscriminatory way because it targets something that came out of the black youth culture.
    "This is a racial profiling bill that promotes and establishes a framework for an additional type of racial profiling," Seagraves said.
    Martin, who is black, said he plans to hold public hearings and vet the proposal through churches, civil rights groups and neighborhood organizations. The proposal will get its first public airing next Tuesday in the City Council's Public Safety Committee.
    "The purpose of the paper is to generate some conversation to see if we can find a solution," Martin said. "It will be like all the discussions we've had around the value of the hip-hop culture. We know there are First Amendment issues ... and some will say I'm just trying to put young black men in jail, but it's going to be fines."
    Makeda Johnson, an Atlanta mother of a 14-year-old girl, said she is glad Martin introduced the proposal. She does not want to see a law against clothing, but said she thinks teenagers are sending a message with a way of dressing that is based in jailhouse behavior.
    Atlanta would not be the first city to take on sagging pants.
    Earlier this year, the town council in Delcambre, La., passed an ordinance that carries a fine of up to $500 or six months in jail for exposing underwear in public. Several other municipalities and parish governments in Louisiana have enacted similar laws in recent months.
    ___
    Information from: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, http://www.ajc.com
    RIP ~ Steve James

• Garrick
    DUDERZ get a life!!!
    • Jun 2004

Re: Atlanta trying to ban baggy pants.

fuck those stupid people that say this is racial profiling. why the hell is racial profiling brought into everything these days? no wonder our country is still fucking segregated. look at k fed people. HE IS WHITE and he'd cry if this law passed! (although i highly doubt seeing something like this ever passing) if this bill passes, great! i agree it is indecent. but if it doesn't, who cares? let people hang their asses out of their pants because i get a great laugh seeing these guys, white, black, mexican whatever.
    Last edited by Garrick; August 23, 2007, 04:56:12 PM.
    Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• progressive420
      Platinum Poster
      • Jun 2004

Thats funny it mentions Delcambre, LA... That town is about 30 miles from my city. They are also trying to pass a similar ban on baggy pants here too. Stupid shits.
      "Always........Dancing in My Mind"

Comment

• KinKyJ
        Platinum Poser
        • Jun 2004

Americahahahahaha

Life must be pretty sweet and worry free in Atlanta if city councilmen can find time to amuse themselves with this sort of crap

That said, Mr Jeffrey Collins and his skate buddies are hereby warned

Comment

• Garrick
          DUDERZ get a life!!!
          • Jun 2004

^ yeah i was about to add...... here's a novel idea: lets focus on how many murders and burglaries there have been in ATL and stop that instead.
          Should I fuck you at that not until the ass, inject then tremendously hard bumschen and to the termination in the eyes yes?

Comment

• Troklo
            Platinum Poster
            • Jun 2004

Quiero brincar al agua para caer al cielo

Comment

• KinKyJ
              Platinum Poser
              • Jun 2004

Btw, the UK pwns Atlanta:

When Abbi-Louise Maple and Rachel Marchant saw a CCTV camera trained on them as they sat on a beach, they had a mischievous idea. The 21-year-olds lifted their tops and flashed their bare chests at the camera before collapsing in a fit of giggles.

The young women's friends thought their prank was hilarious.

The CCTV operator, however, didn't see the funny side and called the police.

Minutes later, the two blondes were arrested, questioned and then charged with committing an act outraging public decency - an offence which carries a maximum sentence of six months prison or a ?5,000 fine.
              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...70&ito=newsnow

Comment

• speciale
                Are you Kidding me??
                • Dec 2005

baggy pants are stupid anyways. I thought it was going to be a fad back in the 90s but it never went away. Sorry Garrick but time for you to get some new clothes. Good thing this ban didn't happene when hammer was big

Originally posted by Miroslav
                It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                No Soup for You

Comment

• lilsensa
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Jun 2004

My god! I almost forget how silly he used to look.
                  RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• Bululu
                    Gold Gabber
                    • Jun 2004

Thats the best thing to do , they should start thinking also about baning Kaky pants and Hawaiin shirts that all Americans tend to wear.

Comment

• Garrick
                      DUDERZ get a life!!!
                      • Jun 2004

Sorry Garrick but time for you to get some new clothes.
                      i better stop wearing my hat backwards too before it's too late.

Comment

• lilsensa
                        DUDERZ get a life!!!
                        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by Bululu
                        Thats the best thing to do , they should start thinking also about baning Kaky pants and Hawaiin shirts that all Americans tend to wear.
                        Hahaha....I remember like 15 years ago, Hawaiian shirts were the shit...
                        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• floridaorange
                          I'm merely a humble butler
                          • Dec 2005

Remember JNCO's ?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• speciale
                            Are you Kidding me??
                            • Dec 2005

I cant wait for parachutte pants to make a come back.
                            Originally posted by Miroslav
                            It's not like he grabbed his balls and sucked his dick. It's not like he gave the Saudis the original copy of the Constitution to use as toilet paper. It's not like he gave away the secret recipe to the Colonel's chicken. .
                            No Soup for You

Comment

• lilsensa
                              DUDERZ get a life!!!
                              • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
                              Remember JNCO's ?
                              Yes, but I never wore them.....Ever.

Originally posted by speciale
                              I cant wait for parachutte pants to make a come back.
                              These were the shit when I was in 5th grade. I had like 3 pair.
                              RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

Working...