X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trick12
    Are you Kidding me??
    • Jul 2007

Best Experience at a rave...OR WORST??

So i'm sure about everyone here has been to a rave...my best was hanging out at the booth with Djs such as Sharam and James Zabiella, like standing in there next to them overlooking all the people,,,Zabiella was crazy,,I mean this guy was 100 percent into his job...my worst was getting invited to an afterparty at a warehouse that ended up being a dopehouse,,,with junkies sticking needles in their arms and stuff...i left after 1 minute and the guy at the door wouldnt let me leave he though i would rat them out or sth....I said screw this man,,,just let me leave and i'll forget all about it...and when i finally convinced him i look back and my freind was gone somewhere inside...i went to look for him and he was scoring some from a huge black dude,,,i mean my freind is not into drugs but the guy walked up to him and said wannna get some dope...he just got scared to tell the guy that he didnt want any and was like yeah what you got...But finally we got out safe.... screw this....
    Life's pretty fast..blup..blup...We made it!!
  • floridaorange
    I'm merely a humble butler
    • Dec 2005

Re: Best Experience at a rave...OR WORST??

whoa, where was this?

It was fun while it lasted...

Comment

• diegoff
      Are you Kidding me??
      • Jun 2004

Originally posted by floridaorange
      whoa, where was this?
      when I read the name of the thread, It came to my mind this "classic" comment... what is a rave?
      Itīs a spiritual thing!

feb 2021 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/pand...os-inflamables
      Sept 26th https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/earthling-vibes
      May 1st 2020 https://soundcloud.com/diegoarv/current

Comment

• lilsensa
        DUDERZ get a life!!!
        • Jun 2004

Originally posted by diegoff
        what is a rave?
        For real. Will someone please tell me rave is???
        RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• lucid
          Fresh Peossy
          • Jan 2006

my best experience is that i've never been to a rave.

Comment

• Kat
            A pretty fn good milkshake
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by l?cid
            my best experience is that i've never been to a rave.
            ditto
            ♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪• אין סוף •♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•♫♪•♪♫•

Music is essential for the expression of non material ideals and energies. Music colors our surroundings with emanations from the highest vibrational fields. It allows us to escape all limitations in our thinking and very existence.

Comment

• crown-one
              Fresh Peossy
              • Jun 2007

RAVE FOREVER!

Best: Being the last in a warehouse after a monster blowout dancing with like 3 people.

Worst: High people shitting themselves, buggin out, glowsticks etc

Comment

• timchalj
                Getting warmed up
                • Jun 2004

Bunny from Rabit in the Moon shooting a flame thrower on stage over the crowd while dressed in a costume of glowsticks

Comment

• AntonyM
                  DUDERZ get a life!!!
                  • Oct 2004

Originally posted by lilsensa
                  For real. Will someone please tell me rave is???
                  Illegal warehouse party, a soundsystem, some lights and usually illicit narcotics.
                  Guess it was and is a UK and US thing, I reckon raves started in the UK, cause
                  they didn't surfaced on the west coast in cali till about 89 or 90.

Here is what Wikipedia had to say

For other uses, see Rave (disambiguation).
                  A rave (or rave party) is an all-night dance event where DJs and other performers play rave music and other types of electronic dance music for dancers, with the accompaniment of colored lights, projected images, and laser effects. Popular rave dance styles include breakdancing, popping and locking, glowsticking, liquid dancing, and poi. Rave parties are often associatated with the use of "club drugs" such as ecstasy, methamphetamine, and ketamine

Charming how the drugs refs had to be thrown in at the end. but the link below brings
                  up the page on wikipedia referring to the history of the parties for those truly interested
                  and not just attempting to be cheeky.

Originally posted by Shpira
                  So came back last night...
                  Sven Vath was amazing...he played a god damn killer set...ended up going to that and came to at like 10 am in some whore house in south Amsterdam...no idea how I ended up there...friday was a bit of a blur got really drunk and visited several parties can't remember a whole lot to be honest hehe...saturday was probably the best day that I recall...started up in the nearest coffee shop and going from party to party...beautiful woman, beer and weed...finished the night by taking some shrooms and listening to an amazing elke kleijn set...sunday...i met a nice girl who worked at one of the coffee shops and ended up talking to her for like 6 hours...was supposed to meet her at some DnB party...but instead went for a steak and walked around red light district bars drinking and smoking...monday took it easy went to a coffee shop and took a taxi to airport....

All in all...I think I will be going back there some time soon
                  Originally posted by Illuminate
                  Let me get this straight.

So white-middle class Americans have been told by their Television sets to be fearful of:

1. Mexicans/Latinos from the South bringing drugs and killings n' shit.
                  2. African Americans cause mos def they are raging a race war and want to occupy America like how the plebs occupied Wall St.
                  3. Iranians/Afghans/Any one of middle eastern origin to be quite frank, cause you know Islam...
                  4. North Koreans/Chinese cause you know everything...

Am I close here?

Comment

• lilsensa
                    DUDERZ get a life!!!
                    • Jun 2004

^^^Finally, thank you!!
                    RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• JK224
                      Addiction started
                      • Oct 2005

any time i say i'm going to see some djs people ask me "what is that, a rave?", i say no it's a club night/event.

but hey, i have been to some sketched out events before that i would definetly consider as raves.

i can't really say that i've had a bad time at anything as long as the music was good...i just go with at least two other friends so no matter how sketched out things get you at least have some people you know with you.

Comment

• scifi pi
                        Addiction started
                        • Oct 2004

a threesome with 2 super models from Spain and Greece in some deejays dressing room, the 10 capsules of E and a couple cases of whippets were fun too...it ended up back at their hotel for a couple more days. Oh, I miss Miami Beach in the winter during Fashion Model week.

Comment

• lilsensa
                          DUDERZ get a life!!!
                          • Jun 2004

^^^The dj had a dressing room?? Did he/she change costumes during the set??
                          RIP ~ Steve James

Comment

• feather
                            Shanghai ooompa loompa
                            • Jul 2004

I only went to them in 2001 and by then the 'raves' were legal. Still held in warehouses, with lights, soundsystems, DJs, but ticketed events. There were smaller ones that were really illegal, but they were rare.

Then the warehouse locations got superseded by indoor stadiums and those slowly degenerated into a circus for underaged white trash. There used to be this delineation between 'ravers' and 'clubbers.'

Too many good moments, but one that stood out was in the forest early in the morning when the Orb was playing. It began to drizzle very lightly and I was flipping and every raindrop was a sparkling emerald gem in the air.

Not entirely bad but I was pretty fucked: Spending a few hours in a tent staring up at the shadows, stepping out into what I thought was a circus dome (WTF did these cars come from, and why were they in a circus?!) only to realize the night sky had joined with the skyline and I was in a volcanic crater. And then walking around seeing these grasses grow out of the vocalnic rock and thinking I was walking on the seabed. Walking to the edge of the crowd and looking up to see some hugeass topless dude blowing hugeass a horn on a stage and I couldn't decide if I was seeing things until somebody told me Juno Reactor was playing.

Another time I 'woke up' in a club wearing pajamas

i_want_to_have_sex_with_electronic_music

Originally posted by Hoff
                            a powerful and insane mothership that occasionally comes commanded by the real ones .. then suck us and makes us appear in the most magical of all lands
                            Originally posted by m1sT3rL
                            Oh. My. God. James absolutely obliterated the island tonight. The last time there was so much destruction, Obi Wan Kenobi had to take a seat on the Falcon after the Death Star said "hi and bye" to Leia's homeworld.

I got pics and video. But I will upload them in the morning. I need to smoke this nice phat joint and just close my eyes and replay the amazingness in my head.

Comment

• DIDI
                              Aussie Pest
                              • Nov 2004

^^^ Gee it's amazing the effects music has.

On the description here I have never been to one
                              Originally posted by TheVrk
                              it IS incredible isn't it??
                              STILL pumpin out great set after great set...never cheesed out, never sold out, never lost his touch..
                              Simply does not get any better than Hernan
                              The 'club spirit' is in the soul. It Never Dies

Comment

Working...